IGNORED

moby

kokoon

i happen to like Moby. Not so much his musicx (some ok) but anytime ive heard him talk on docus, etc - he comes across look a chilled fella, like the cut of his talk.

Fair enough, judge a guy on his music and I can understand the haters, but on a personal level - i don't get why folk think he's a fag.

i liked the part at the end where he talks about how there aren't any cool electronic musicians, and everyone is a nerd

his studio seems nice

Guest GrandPopPoplock

i happen to like Moby. Not so much his musicx (some ok) but anytime ive heard him talk on docus, etc - he comes across look a chilled fella, like the cut of his talk.

Fair enough, judge a guy on his music and I can understand the haters, but on a personal level - i don't get why folk think he's a fag.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly .

Sadly,it's been a minute since he released anything good...IMO

haha i actually like moby too. not so much his recent material but I still respect him as a musician. I really liked this interview. Very interesting to see his setup and mass collection of drummachines.

mobeh's recent releases have been so ho-hum lately... :closedeyes:

he probably won't ever release anything that comes close to the realm of success that play was (but that's okay). i mean hotel was enjoyable in a post-rock kind of way but it didn't get any recognition or sales in north america. 18 was basically another boring duplicate of play b-sides part two, more of the same that goes nowhere. last night was him trying to regain his 90's DJ roots but in a mainstream abba styled way yet never got a good single off or any major club-play. wait for me is him trying to repeat the success of play where he 'just creates music' but still it doesn't come close. he tries to be mainstream but has too many audiences, with complicated self-image problems. people think he's a 'sample artist' and only samples other people. nobody who is 'into music' admits to listening to moby. he needs to go completely underground again like in the beginning of his career and just experiment with different styles and try not to please anyone or think about anyone, and just do crazy stuff just for himself and then release it himself without any label input or guidance or pressure. hopefully he was smart and saved enough cash to live off of for the rest of his life just in case his career continues in the downward gradual decline it's on where his label will eventually drop him and then it's too late to recapture an audience

Archived