IGNORED

Confield

thehauntingsoul

Yeas Confield is the best!
I still cannot understand Sean saying Pen Expers was made on a DMX drum machine and a MiniDisc! 

How can you make sounds and play on a Minidisc like a Instrument? 

Please someone explain 🙂 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Confield is almost a quarter century old.. yes, almost all if not all the magic is retained, because it really opened the floodgates in a way even other Autechre hadn't yet done at that point.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, splesh said:

Confield is almost a quarter century old.. yes, almost all if not all the magic is retained, because it really opened the floodgates in a way even other Autechre hadn't yet done at that point.

I think it'll remain one of my favourites by them. Like you said, retains all of the magic. Fascinating album!

• Like 4

For some reason I never really returned to Confield. I've been an Autechre fan for years and years and I think I had, up until a few weeks ago, only listened to it around 4 times. It never clicked with me because for some reason I though the sounds used on the album are kind of grating. Draft also has that problem for me but those tracks morph so much that it didn't matter that much to me. Confield on the other hand meanders way more and develops its tracks less.

Last week I put the album on after a couple of years and all of a sudden I flew through it. It just clicked with me. I can finally appreciate the feverish, manic weird ass qualities this album treasures within it. VI Scope Poise is just beautiful, Pen Expers is a banger, Parhelic Triangle scares me because it sounds like something is eating my speakers. Eideitic Casein feels like one of those fever dream things you have where images grow bigger, smaller and wider whenever you close your eyes (Idk if anyone experiences that or if its just me) and Lenthic Catachresis is just so fucking crunchy.

I love it all! It only took years of diving into their other stuff to appreciate it.

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 12

On 12/28/2023 at 8:31 PM, thumbass said:

For some reason I never really returned to Confield. I've been an Autechre fan for years and years and I think I had, up until a few weeks ago, only listened to it around 4 times. It never clicked with me because for some reason I though the sounds used on the album are kind of grating. Draft also has that problem for me but those tracks morph so much that it didn't matter that much to me. Confield on the other hand meanders way more and develops its tracks less.

Last week I put the album on after a couple of years and all of a sudden I flew through it. It just clicked with me. I can finally appreciate the feverish, manic weird ass qualities this album treasures within it. VI Scope Poise is just beautiful, Pen Expers is a banger, Parhelic Triangle scares me because it sounds like something is eating my speakers. Eideitic Casein feels like one of those fever dream things you have where images grow bigger, smaller and wider whenever you close your eyes (Idk if anyone experiences that or if its just me) and Lenthic Catachresis is just so fucking crunchy.

I love it all! It only took years of diving into their other stuff to appreciate it.

It's so good when that happens!

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 8:31 PM, thumbass said:

Pen Expers is a banger

Oh yeah!

Blasted this out on vinyl not too long ago. It doesn't get much better than this!!

• Like 1