IGNORED

DXM

oyster

Have you done it?

Did you like it?

Is it just something for stupid hooligans to do for shits and giggles?

Is it at all beneficial?

DXM intrigues me due to its unique nature but I can't shake the stigma attached to it.

What do you respectable fellows think?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fun in high school and painfully hardcore in college. don't do it more than once and not at all if over age 18. < great advice

that said i've had some insanely crazy times drinking robitussin with friends. weird. if i could go back and not do it i would. fuck that drug even though it's fun a few times. way too damaging and chemical.

i remember the second or third time i did it, i ended up coming to the rather serious conclusion that my friend was secretly the musician Beck behind all of our backs. after that my friend and i spent what felt like 2-3 hours laboring over finding a song that didn't make us feel horrified and terrible. i shuffled through probably around 200 songs (it could have been much less), and after every one i would hear him moan from the couch. "NOO. CHANGE IT." felt like a dream.

one of my favorite things is the body feeling you get, jumping, floating. it's incredibly strong. it's fun to run and jump into a bed or a couch while you're peaking.

my friends and i have a term for this strange symptom of oding on dxm - the "terrible boner." every time we did it we would get painful hard ons that wouldn't go away. weird.

It's a bit like being drunk and tripping at the same time.

It makes you walk like a robot.

It gave me vivid clarity of memories I had long forgotten.

This shit is no joke. Be careful with it.

my brother and i used to do a lot of that stuff, and if you drink a lot of it the trip is very intense. there were some very good times and some very bad ones. by the time i was ready to give it up forever it made me feel like there was something important that i was supposed to be doing but i couldn't figure out what that thing was, and even if i could i was too fucked up to do anything about it. it was very disconcerting. i made some of my best music on that stuff though. i wouldn't even know what i was doing while tripping and making a song but after i came down i'd listen again and be blown away.

• 1 month later...

the last time i saw someone on DXM it was like 2 years ago and this 16 year old kid who came up to me downtown, he was throwing up everywhere and had no idea where he was, i asked him if he was okay and he said he drank an entire bottle of cough syrup. he was really pale white and moaning, i think eventually some other bystanders called an ambulance for him after he collapsed to the ground and started twitching while holding his stomach

what a pussy

sounds like he may be one of the 1 in 16 people who are heavily allergic to DXM. i had a friend i only gave 500mg to and it was the closest i ever got to taking someone to the ER on a drug OD. same type of reaction

what a pussy

sounds like he may be one of the 1 in 16 people who are heavily allergic to DXM. i had a friend i only gave 500mg to and it was the closest i ever got to taking someone to the ER on a drug OD. same type of reaction

lol i know man i was just being a dick.

what a pussy

hmm, at what dosage do symptoms of this allergy present themselves? wouldn't you know you're allergic to dxm if you've ever taken cough syrup in your life before? i'm not really expecting an answer, just thinking out loud.

i'm thinking this kid probably took dxm with acetaminophen or guaifenesin in it. people need to learn to read & comprehend labels on medicine. i mean, it's written out in precise numbers. you've got no excuse if you o/d.

note to self, try more cough syrup after sex, but before post-sex cigarette.

It takes up to an hour to kick in, you'd be sitting in bed for quite a while...

But it can be fun, very great for transportative music- Aphex's Penty Harmonium made me conjure up this elaborate story of being on a ship in the middle of a vast sea, with a bunch of clones of myself manning the crew and ship operations. And I drew a funny picture to go with it. And of course it felt like the song lasted hours, I've never heard that song the same again.

I wouldn't use syrup again, it tastes terrible. But if I could get powder/extracted I'd use it again

i'm thinking this kid probably took dxm with acetaminophen or guaifenesin in it. people need to learn to read & comprehend labels on medicine. i mean, it's written out in precise numbers. you've got no excuse if you o/d.

the guy i was with did pure powder DXM weighed on a scale at 500mg. He told me he had taken cough syrup before and had no ill reactions, so i'm not sure when the dosage starts to amount to an allergic reaction. So i felt it was safe to do.

I just know that its pretty common knowledge that on average 1 in 16 people have a very adverse reaction to pure DXM (not guaifenesin or other chemicals).

Not sure what happened in the above kid's scenario

Archived