IGNORED

xbox 360 or ps3

Guest zaphod

360. I much prefer it to my PS3, though you should just get both eventually. And even though you said you would never get a Wii, there are more and more good games coming out/already out on it. If you ever buy one, buy it last.

EDIT: I have owned all 3 consoles of the last 2 generations, and imo, that is the best thing to do. I don't want to miss out on any games! The only thing I need is a good PC and I'd be set for life (or until they update the consoles).

I just wish Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft would join together and release one supa console.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Last Guardian

Super Stardust HD

Killzone 2

Metal Gear Solid 4

Ratchet & Clank series

Uncharted 1 & 2

LittleBigPlanet

Demon's Souls

Heavy Rain

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Wipeout HD

God of War 3

Gran Turismo 5

InFamous

Resistance series

Valkyria Chronicles

Warhawk

Folklore

MotorStorm

The PS3 may be actually be superior, what with it's free-internet play, blu-ray and stability... But I've never ever been interested in any Playstation titles.

i deliberated on this recently and went with the PS3. then i find out that everyone i know who games has 360, so no playing with chums for me. then i find out that GTA downloadable content is 360 only.

so 2 downs but mostly i'm very happy.

netflix just rolled out their instant play application on the PS3. they send you a blueray disc and you pop it in everytime you wanna watch stuff. not much stuff is available and oddly they even make some series episodes disc only. like ep3 and ep9, so you have to order the disc anyway, which i don't understand. how do they make money from me getting the disc as opposedto paying fo th serve and watching it online. infact the lose money for postage, plus online the don't even need to buy a million copies and store them in their warehouse. the quality isn't perfect but it fine for tv shows.

so in summary - if you have a blueray player already and got 50$ a year for the live membership then go with the xbox*

*disclaimer: i've never played one

The GTA content will come to PSN... Microsoft's money-inspired exclusivity contract will run out eventually. If GTA was made or released by MS, then I'd say it will never happen, but it will considering Rockstar is not afraid of making money.

All your mates having 360 is a bit of a letdown (I think it was posited earlier that if all your mates have one console or the other, go with what all your mates have IF playing together in the same room or online is important to you. Otherwise, you'll find other friends online with PSN, and I think over time you'll find there's more variety and selection to what PS3 has to offer over 360.

The Netflix streaming will lose it's disc requirement in a future firmware update, and Netflix will have more and more content available over time.

Get a 360 if your life mission isn't playing GT5, esp if you're a cheap pirating bastard.

Guest abusivegeorge

Get a 360 if your life mission isn't playing GT5, esp if you're a cheap pirating bastard.

You'd think so wouldn't you.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8356621.stm

Microsoft told BBC News that banned machines will be permanently barred and "unable to connect to Xbox Live".

A message displayed on affected consoles said there was "no recourse for terms of use violations".

Microsoft has barred as many as 1m gamers from Xbox live for modifying their consoles to play pirated games.

"Users of banned Xbox consoles can recover their profile to another, unmodified Xbox 360 console to resume their Live service," the firm told BBC News.

"The banned console will be unable to connect to Xbox Live."

However, modified consoles will still work offline.

word, i only thought you got banned if you played shoddily ripped/burned games online before release date anyway.

Guest abusivegeorge

hmmm there are a few people i'd like to somehow get banned.

I'm sure there must be a way to report them to the Microsoft website.

well they're just pricks, they're not pirating... but maybe i could somehow find their addresses and mail them a pirated copy of a game

they'd have to have a modified 360 to play it - besides, I'm sure MS (like George mentioned) has a report abuse function on Live.

Guest assegai

my mate got banned after updating his 360 with the latest patch or what's it called from Microsoft. Now he's downloading Modern Warfare 2 for his ultra-pimped pc. You cannot stop Piracy play online. In a game designed specifically for it's multiplayer.

fixd.

so i have only have a PS3 now and i haven't bought a game for it since GTAIV,

does it have streaming netflix yet? i was thinking of selling it and just getting a blueray player that can connect to netflix and blockbuster online

i just bought an xbox. i'm happy with my decision. got cod modern warfare 2 and fallout 3 game of the year edition. my only issue now is getting used to a controller for fps games. i'm a diehard cod fan, but i'm used to a mouse and keyboard. the control scheme is absolutely horrendous and the responsiveness of the analog sticks are shit, but maybe i'll adjust.

i just bought an xbox. i'm happy with my decision. got cod modern warfare 2 and fallout 3 game of the year edition. my only issue now is getting used to a controller for fps games. i'm a diehard cod fan, but i'm used to a mouse and keyboard. the control scheme is absolutely horrendous and the responsiveness of the analog sticks are shit, but maybe i'll adjust.

this is probably the key moment in where i got lost in the sea of modern gaming. I had mastered mouse look and keyboard control on FPS games on the PC and i remember when i first played Golden Eye for N64 i was kind of like 'what is this shit, controls are horrible' but then all of the sudden it became a huge hit where FPS games on consoles with shitty controls became the norm. i think this was my 'fuck it' breaking point. since then all my friends who play console FPS games can absolutely destroy me. In a way it's kind of a blessing in disguise, before i would consider my video game hobby a little like an addiction.

that was me when i got my 360. it will never be the same as PC FPS, but with time, you will forget what it was like to have real responsiveness with the keyboard and mouse. i recommend going on a 4-or-5-week long booze binge to exorcise those memories. play lots of console cod while doing so.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

so i have only have a PS3 now and i haven't bought a game for it since GTAIV,

does it have streaming netflix yet? i was thinking of selling it and just getting a blueray player that can connect to netflix and blockbuster online

do you have me on ignore? yep streaming ps3 just started you have to order a disc from netflix. beats watching it on a laptop (or strugling to connect it to the tv). not much good stuff on play instant yet though :(

xbox gets a update tomorrow

and i think it the first big update on the xbox 360 where it has no effect on me. i don't use facebook or twitter, i use last fm but what is that gonna do? i listen to my music on my laptop not on my 360 and zune which will probably be expensive, but i have sky player with a movie subscription on the xbox with a massive selection of movies, so all is good.

I'm looking forward to this update, streaming HD movie rental from the zune marketplace is something us scandinavians have had to live without (on the 360). Movie companies will get some money, I can watch HD movies on the 360, everybody is happy.

Archived