IGNORED

Quaristice/ Versions/ Quadrange EP

thehauntingsoul

post-5056-125831248064_thumb.jpeg

So it is the last week of our little experiment! I will make a thread for the participants list after this week so everyone who is participating keep that in mind and be sure to sign the guestlist when I post it up.

Anyways here we arrive back at the current day. I got to say I'm seriously excited and I feel as though the past 9 weeks have thoroughly prepared me to take this album in with 100% appreciation. As for the split between regular/versions/quadrange, personally I think I'll do quari and versions this week and quadrange next week but we're more or less off the hook by this time next week.

Anyways without rambling any further, lets go! :cisfor:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to people's comments on these records.. I hope people have had time to listen and appreciate Quaristice for what it is since it's release last year. I have to be honest, I don't favour it over a lot of their previous albums but there are certainly a few memorable tracks.

I think the best way to enjoy this album is to pretend that the have since released a new LP that is shit.

This is of course not correct, but one thing about Ae music is the fans tend to fall in love with the second latest album every time they release a new LP, and they shun the new album until a successor is created. Just pretend there is a successor and you should be able to enjoy it better. Or maybe not and that was a load of horseshit. Either way this album fucking rules and anyone who thinks otherwise has some homework to do until they agree

This is of course not correct, but one thing about Ae music is the fans tend to fall in love with the second latest album every time they release a new LP, and they shun the new album until a successor is created.

i agree (i feel the same way) but i can't help but think untilted was a step backwards for ae. even after listening to it last week in context. quaristice is gonna take me a long time i think, there's just too much of it! and the versions disc doesn't have a lot of the tracks that i really liked on the original, which is a shame.

that said though, i did compile a rather awesome sounding mix of the ambient quaristice tracks, i'll post the tracklisting when i can be bothered.

.. and i'm beginning to think that this album may have been designed so you can make your own version from the parts provided, i'm seriously considering doing this.

Guest Calx Sherbet

IO sounds like a fucked up human/machine fusion creature, and it's desperetely trying to tell me something, like maybe it's in some kind of pain or suffering. but it's vocal cords are too mutated to be clear enough.

hm...it's kinda hard to listen to it now =/

Guest bitroast

yeah. i remember betty saying that, that you fall in love with the second last album when a new autechre album comes out. and i totally disagreed saying i would never love quaristice cos it was shit. haha. well, i really enjoy quaristice now and regard it higher than untilted, so he was only partly wrong :)

Guest Calx Sherbet

PlyPhon goes BOOM BOOM BOOM THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD RATTLE BOOM BOOM POW POW POW POW POW BOOM BOOM

you're going too much from your gut. try more at the back of your throat

i think i've just let go of my attachment to Autechre always having to sound complicated. after the bar was set so high in complexity with Confield's insanely complex fragmented drum patterns and Draft's masterful bass drum fart melodies that the stuff afterwards (at least at first) left me wanting something deeper and more mysterious, a feeling i felt from draft and confield but didn't immediately get from untilted or quaristice. I also don't really see Quaristice as an Autechre returning to their back catalog type of project, i see it as possibly one of the most extreme changes in direction the have done. it took me a while to appreciate what they were setting out to do in Quaristice.

Guest Calx Sherbet

they'll be so far ahead in music, that they will have music sampling music that they haven't made yet, or is currently being played. it'll be like spaceballs when that vhs tape of the instant movie is showing "now"

i think i've just let go of my attachment to Autechre always having to sound complicated. after the bar was set so high in complexity with Confield's insanely complex fragmented drum patterns and Draft's masterful bass drum fart melodies that the stuff afterwards (at least at first) left me wanting something deeper and more mysterious, a feeling i felt from draft and confield but didn't immediately get from untilted or quaristice. I also don't really see Quaristice as an Autechre returning to their back catalog type of project, i see it as possibly one of the most extreme changes in direction the have done. it took me a while to appreciate what they were setting out to do in Quaristice.

Yes that, and either a dissociative or psychedelic experience if I remember correctly... Correct me if I'm wrong...

Altibzz and Plyphon are perfect, two of my all time favorite ae tracks.

And I love range3 from Versions, this should have made it onto the record in place of the tracks it samples. On that same note, I would like it if they mixed a few longer, say 8 minute tracks in the flurry of short tracks that is regular Quaristice.

.. and i'm beginning to think that this album may have been designed so you can make your own version from the parts provided, i'm seriously considering doing this.

Yeah absolutely man! I think there was a thread about that on here some time ago. I made a sick version and burned it to cd, but yeah this is alot of fun to do and I encourage others to do it as well

and sneak I love steels

Guest extherium

Yeah absolutely man! I think there was a thread about that on here some time ago. I made a sick version and burned it to cd, but yeah this is alot of fun to do and I encourage others to do it as well

and sneak I love steels

Wasn't there an official statement from the duo saying that there was no official order to the tracks, and you should be arranging it to create your own experience?

Or am I getting that confused with the thread you mentioned?

and sneak I love steels

i never really thought much of it until i heard it loud in headphones today, there are so many differences to the sounds as they play, you just don't usually notice them when playing on a regular hifi system.

there are some really bangin' tracks on this album, i'm gonna have to do a compilation, because there are some tracks that i just can't stand.. like bnc castl :rolleyes:

Guest bitroast
and sneak I love steels

i never really thought much of it until i heard it loud in headphones today, there are so many differences to the sounds as they play, you just don't usually notice them when playing on a regular hifi system.

there are some really bangin' tracks on this album, i'm gonna have to do a compilation, because there are some tracks that i just can't stand.. like bnc castl :rolleyes:

bnc castle. 100% with you on that one. so pissy sounding :(

Archived