IGNORED

hamburger helper

Fred McGriff

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just had a proper burger van burger. on some level i like the way it tastes like arse and i'll chomp on the occasional bit of hard gristle/bone. it's a burger that is honest in it's shitness. far more 'respectable' outlets will serve you worse, but it's super harmogenised and flavoured.

Guest hahathhat

what is the difference between cheeseburger and double cheeseburger??

we just made cheeseburger. we ate it and wanted more. but there was no more -- no beef -- no milk -- fuck my life

one pound one pan motherfucker

there is one thing more ghetto than hamburger helper, and that is the complete meal in a box. for instance there is a chicken and dumpling one, and it says on the box meat included. well, this is what you get: a packet of bisquick and a can of soup. you make up the bisquick with water and spoon it into a casserole, then you pour the soup over it and bake it. pretty stupid.

Hamburger Helper is good in a pinch, but you can make your own, more healthy version just as easy and quickly:

1 lb. lean ground beef

1 pkg. Lawrys spaghetti sauce seasoning (substitute with bottled sauce if you don't want to go the dried route)

1 lb. elbow macaroni

1 lg. can crushed tomatoes

2 tbsp. Schilling Italian seasoning

1 tbsp. dried parsley

Salt & pepper to taste

1 tsp. garlic salt

1 lg. can mushrooms

1 med. size can chopped green chilies, mild

1/2 c. Velveeta cheese

Simmer crushed tomatoes with spaghetti sauce seasoning, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and garlic.

Brown and drain beef, add to sauce.

Add mushrooms.

Add drained macaroni, chilies and cheese.

Simmer until cheese is melted. Mix well and serve hot with salad and French bread.

:wtf:

Are we feeding a Mormon convention?! That has to make at least two pounds of food!

Ahh okay, so what the hell does that have to do with hamburgers?

Biggest lol of the thread, and it came from a vegan.

I prefer tuna helper 'cause I'm not a real man.

NOW, Tuna Helper is shit - I can't stand that stuff.

Hamburger Helper is good in a pinch, but you can make your own, more healthy version just as easy and quickly:

1 lb. lean ground beef

1 pkg. Lawrys spaghetti sauce seasoning (substitute with bottled sauce if you don't want to go the dried route)

1 lb. elbow macaroni

1 lg. can crushed tomatoes

2 tbsp. Schilling Italian seasoning

1 tbsp. dried parsley

Salt & pepper to taste

1 tsp. garlic salt

1 lg. can mushrooms

1 med. size can chopped green chilies, mild

1/2 c. Velveeta cheese

Simmer crushed tomatoes with spaghetti sauce seasoning, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and garlic.

Brown and drain beef, add to sauce.

Add mushrooms.

Add drained macaroni, chilies and cheese.

Simmer until cheese is melted. Mix well and serve hot with salad and French bread.

:wtf:

Are we feeding a Mormon convention?! That has to make at least two pounds of food!

Ahh okay, so what the hell does that have to do with hamburgers?

Biggest lol of the thread, and it came from a vegan.

Considering Hamburger Helper and it's ilk are considered "family" meals, then yes - it's enough to feed a family of four typically.

Btw what's up with the McDouble? Isn't that just a Double Cheeseburger? I mean wtf ¿

p.s.: I can eat like 7 of those, not bad for 1$ each

mcdouble has one slice of cheese, double cheeseburger has 2. only difference. i guess in the current economy it was not sustainable to have that extra slice of cheese on the dollar menu.

Archived