IGNORED

itt: Post artists that don't seem to be releasing music anymore but wish they were.

Guest Echo

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have i already mentioned Stock Hausen and Walkmen in this thread? they are ridiculously underrated sample based cutup/idm group from the mid 90s and i think inspired a lot of the later sample manipulation artists like Amon Tobin & dadelus

they broke up too long ago i guess to have joined the digital age of mp3 sales or even youtube clips

but here is a great song i managed to find of theirs on amazon.com , very ahead of it's time. this type of shit sounds normal now though

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=stock+hausen+walkman&x=0&y=0

are any of them involved in any notable music endeavors now post Stock Hausen & walkman? i am not familiar with the individual members of the group really, just an avid collectors of the albums S H&W put out

discogs has a lot of information obviously but i want something spoon fed to me.

• 2 months later...
Guest spraaaa

fucking forgot Captain Beefheart, i would LOVE to hear anything he'd do these days... recorded at Electrical. oh god. yes. do it.

doesn't he just paint now?

I know everybody's saying it but... LFO

and this are crazy, where's the album?

• 3 months later...

Seriously though, what happened to that Bit_Meddler guy? Anyone know if he's still alive? The man knew how to chop shit up like nobody's business --seemed like he was going to be one of names to look out for last decade, but then he just disappeared off the radar.

12 pages in and no one mentions the Sisters of Mercy? WTF

Eldritch (like Aphex) has more talent in his left nipple than most cock suckers prancing around in the music industry have in their whole bodies. Yet no new album for eons. I have no doubt the Dark Lord could produce something mind-blowing, most of what he did was brilliant.

They play gigs every now and again but I think he went to war with the music industry and refuses to play ball with them. I think he's fucking loaded anyway as he's some genius with computers and speaks plenty of languages, so he don't need the pay cheque. Thats why he doesn't bother. And that my good friends, fucking sucks.

i can't be bothered to see if these were mentioned:

mr. bungle

arovane

failure

rage against the machine

aphex twin

boards of canada

crotchduster

bola

edit: candiria and soon to be isis!

The Zombis.

Or I at least wish they released more than one album that easily rivaled the best pop music of its era. I think guitar centred pop music today would be different if these guys had a ten year run of releasing albums.

I also second Failure.

SYL, though they had a good run

Numb --one of the few industrial artists I can still stomach today, and I hardly ever hear him mentioned anywhere.

Neutral Milk Hotel --damn these stupidly talented artists getting a taste of fame and freaking out.

My Bloody Valentine... though I think I heard they were going to be releasing a new album sometime soon. I'll believe it when I see it.

Archived