IGNORED

How much money do you make?

Guest mrcopyandpaste

i do regular job as a senior in-house designer. it is well payed, but it could be a lot better if i count in the impossible deadlines and mobbing. but i love it, because i don't have to work 8hrs/day, i can come to work anytime i want which gives me time for other activities. combining everything i make about 1500 euros/month.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Conor74

About one third of what I'd make if I packed myself off to Dublin or London and did the same job, but fuck it can't put a price on quality of life. I'd rather be broke and living where I do in the very south west of Ireland with friends who are millionaires and friends who are broke, rather than move to some city where money mattered to people.

Guest Conor74

conor's got life figured out. seems like a well down to earth kinda guy

Hell I like you, you can come over to my house and fuck my sister.

I think I probably hang out with too many hippies and not enough golfers. My wife thinks I do anyway. But fuck it, golfers are such tedious small people.

i think i make 30-40k a year doing sound for TV, but i only work 5-10 days a month. it's a good tradeoff, because sometimes my job gives me great annoyance. i might be able to make a lot more if i "networked" and wasn't working on personal projects w/friends all the time (who knows, my industry isn't thriving right now) but my life is much better this way.

edit: i should mention i live in new york and am able to keep zero savings (despite not spending a lot of money)

Its a shame that you have to have a college edu just to be considered for certain jobs that obviously don't require a degree. Like Sales. It wasn't always this way, but times have changed. My Dad was an excellent salesmen, The top in his region and he barely graduated high school. He wouldn't even be considered for the job these days.

Guest Conor74

holy jesus fucking lol. I like you, be sure to stick around these parts

Damn, gotta 'fess up, it's not my line...

full-metal-jacket-sergeant.jpg

It's a film full of quotable quotes. If I didn't like the comment, it could have gone like this...

I'll bet you're the kinda guy who would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the common goddamn courtesy to give him a reach around...

holy jesus fucking lol. I like you, be sure to stick around these parts

Damn, gotta 'fess up, it's not my line...

I still think it was a hilarious quote and well placed. Maybe that is your only talent, but at least you know how to pick your quotes good man! :cisfor:

• 8 months later...

i just need to revive this thread to say i made $1000 over the past two days, and i am fucking exhausted and rich.

Enjoy your three trips to Brooklyn bars.

£1200 takehome a month for me (roughly). Work for a French car company. Probably be shut by the time this thread stops rolling

Doing computer programming courses ATM so hopefully soon to get into the field I want to at some point.

Guest ansgaria

I make about 100 DDK an hour, about $17-18.

I'm studying right now, so I don't have all the time in the world to work, but I do work a fair bit at times. If I take a few extra shifts, I usually earn about 6800DDK, $1160, where 2600DDK, $446, of them are from student loans.

I've worked a fair bit in the last month cause of my vacation almost ending, and right now I think I'll make 9000DDK, $1500, but I have an income max. at $1160, so fuck.

$528.00 a week, if I work Sat+Sun I can up it to about $750. but it's been getting harder and harder to get arist studio asst. jobs. But really I'll do anything. I washed dishes at Life Cafe for $10 an hr last week. I helped this chick move her couch up a floor for $30 and I'm trying to figure out a way to bullshit the value of these deer heads we got from a neighbor, so I can sell them to a Antique shop. Don't think I'll get much tho. Always a hustle.

I make between $600-$1200 per day but I work freelance, so I rarely work more than a week or two straight.

Some months are good while others are shit. It all works out to $30K-$40K per year.

Archived