Redruth

Guest abusivegeorge

i just had a dream about getting chased and stamped on by a huge grizzly bear. it was like 50 foot tall when it stood up. and it could speak.

I've had exactly the same dreams, reported to be related to financial difficulties. This is a common dream apparently.

it's one of those holidays where americans act like they have an important history :sorcerer:

I'm having a hard time coming to grips with this statement of utter retardedness.

the history of this country is one of the most interesting and important ones for all of humanity. I don't see how you could possibly think otherwise.

not that thanksgiving is representative of our history in any way

just had to chime in right quick and say thanksgiving does have some basis in reality for what the non-pc american version is.

its quite naive of everyone to assume that in the early 17th century, puritan english were able to sit down in a brand new continent and comfortably enjoy life's little perks. A lot of colonies were absolutely dependent on native american trade for survival. its not like pilgrims emerged from the sea with rifles at the ready to steal land. that didn't happen (at least in the United States) until decades later.

it's one of those holidays where americans act like they have an important history :sorcerer:

I'm having a hard time coming to grips with this statement of utter retardedness.

the history of this country is one of the most interesting and important ones for all of humanity. I don't see how you could possibly think otherwise.

not that thanksgiving is representative of our history in any way

just had to chime in right quick and say thanksgiving does have some basis in reality for what the non-pc american version is.

its quite naive of everyone to assume that in the early 17th century, puritan english were able to sit down in a brand new continent and comfortably enjoy life's little perks. A lot of colonies were absolutely dependent on native american trade for survival. its not like pilgrims emerged from the sea with rifles at the ready to steal land. that didn't happen (at least in the United States) until decades later.

well said.

--------

pc makes my blood boil.

lets tell the fuckin shit how it is!

for fuck sake!

back in this time piriod there were good tribes of indians who were more sensative and heart filled

and then there were blood thirsty war tribes that instigated bloody battles for territory rights ect.

(and then everything in between)

we can not just blindly glorify the native american people, humans ALL suffer from a certain amount of the same disease.

you had good 'God Fearing', full hearted european settlers and you had corrupt, power hungry, blood thirsty

heathens twisting the words of true spirituality and righteousness in there own direction.

the ratio alway seems to break down about the same way.

one extreme fading into a gross minority.

we must heal this disease of predator reality, competition and struggle for power.

all is a product of the hunger inside us. it's the hunger, the hunger that drives us to do these things.

what do we hunger for?

we can develop an appetite for destruction or for preservation and support.

all relative to the empathy that we develop and hold within our hearts.

to be full of knowledge and to be full in a 'new way' is the only antidote.

otherwise we will be running to fill a bottomless void for the rest of our lives.

the hunger

+17

Edited by troon
  • Like 1

Chutney is MUST on a thanksgiving sandwhich

ooooooo. i used to make the best 'mango chutney' with my grandfather years ago.

thnx for the memories marf :smile:

hey i've had chutney before.

thnx!

• 10 years later...