IGNORED

Latent Quarter

Guest theSun

Would just like to bump this thread as I purchased a load of autechre music that arrived in the post last night. I am so glad its arrived as this will keep me going until Oversteps arrives....

I picked up Garbage, Envane and Anvil Vapre. I also got the tri repetae album (all on CD).

Envane is sickness - my favourite out of the bunch. Obviously the whole lot needs multiple more listens, but envane just sounds generally slick after 1 play.

*edit* listening again now, Latent Quarter is great, but for me its all about laughing quarter. All of the track elements just sit together perfectly well.

Guest Enter a new display name

Somebody once complained about the bass jags on Latent Quarter being too 'fart like sounding'. Weird. I never even thought of them remotely sounding like farts until i read that.

But yeah it's an awesome track. 2nd fav off of Envane after Draun Quarter

The bassline really is a juicy fart sampled from Sean's toilet.

not sure why but laughing quarter has always sort of disappointed me. i don't know,probably because the other 3 off envane make me cum my brains off

LOL I didn't even realize this thread was about Latent Quarter. Fucking LOVE that track, it's in my top 10 for sure. The way the pads bleed in at the end, and never really give you the whole picture all at once, but rather they give you alternating snippits of the melody, and you have to piece it together in your head. That's what makes a golden Ae track (traeck?)

Every track on this ep is placed perfectly... they work together so well, and individually they're fantastic too but where each on might fall short, the other tracks complement it. It's one of those releases where I can't pick a favourite track.

Latent Quarter is great because it's the track that moves through the most different sections, it's the least repeatitive. And the end is just amazing, so very beautiful.

My fav Envane song at the moment is Laughing Quarter

for a long while it was Draun Quarter. Never quite liked Goz Quarter, all that scratching just doesn't sound like Autechre and seems out of place for me. It's an ok one to show new comers to Ae though : )

Archived