IGNORED

Why is it cool to hate radiohead?

impakt

i don't like radiohead because they remind me of coldplay.

and i really don't like coldplay.

coldplay should remind you of radiohead because radiohead came first

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

coldplay should remind you of radiohead because radiohead came first

yeah but i heard coldplay first. so radiohead reminds me of them.

i don't understand people talking about protools as though it's some kind of 'effect' or 'technique'. do you guys actually know that protools is multitrack recording software? if you're talking about editing, that's been done ever since the beach boys (or whoever it was) pioneered it. it just wasn't as heavily used in the 60s-early 90s because physically cutting tape is pretty time consuming.

and why in the flying fuck are people here, on a freakin' IDM forum, complaining about a rock band doing something that isn't just four guys playing guitars and drums? sorry, it just really gets to me because i record my band based music with software and use a lot of editing.

I really dont understand the similarity between Coldplay and Radiohead.

sad songs and a vocalist who sometimes sings in falsetto? i dunno

Guest beatfanatic

I really dont understand the similarity between Coldplay and Radiohead.

sad songs and a vocalist who sometimes sings in falsetto? i dunno

that's like 50% of indie rock bands then.

Guest The David

Radiohead wouldn't be shit without Nigel Godrich.

Godrich created their sound more than any Radiohead member did, and he still does.

When that's said: I'm not a Radiohead hater. Far from it. I respect what they've done. They're definitely not my favorite band, but I admire their production. Sure, they're talented musicians. But not a lot better than - say - the members of Coldplay or Muse.

Godrich is pushing all the critical buttons.

Listen to Beck's Sea Change or Pavement's Terror Twilight. Both produced by Godrich, and you'll "hear radiohead".

Like i said, i respect radiohead - but they really aren't demi-gods of modern music like some people think.

They're an above average band produced by a top-notch producer.

I like Kid A and a few tracks from other albums, but overall I just don't like Thom's voice typically. The tone of their songs also doesn't jell with me much. Do I hate them? Na... do I think they are overrated? Yes... Does that make someone who likes Radiohead a lot wrong? No...

that's really not fair, because coldplay came after radiohead and their first album was very heavily influenced by the bends. also because coldplay are awful and radiohead are rather good, if massively overhyped.

Radiohead wouldn't be shit without Nigel Godrich.

They're an above average band produced by a top-notch producer.

although you're an asshole, this is truthbullets.

also, the first place on internets i loitered in was alt.music.radiohead on usenet

and the fact the band thank that newsgroup on the liner notes for the bends is very sweet and naive and you wouldn't see that these days.

There is considerable debate over how or whether hate speech can be defined buy our hate for radiohead;

whether speech thus labeled ought to be regulated; and if so, how? These debates center on three critical questions:

First, what is the force of speech? Is it the expression of personal thoughts, or is it a form of action that affects

and can harm radiohead? Second, is the free expression of ideas which some perceive as hateful

necessary for healthy public debate, or is it harmful to public debate?

Thom's voice has been known to make me cry tears of joy.

I don't hate the band as people or whatever, but I do find their music somehow repulsive, and I feel immediately compelled to turn it off. I think the sheer whininess of it all is the worst part... even their more electronic work sounds like it's going through an angsty teenager phase.

There are undoubtedly other equally terrible bands out there, but for some elusive reason people are always ramming this particular one down my throat. When people hear I don't like radiohead, the consistent reply is "I don't really like them that much either, but I reaalllly like 'album X'. listen to that one and you'll agree"; at this point I've listened through all of their famous albums, and I've never connected in any way with any of the music, despite actively trying.

hey, kaini.

do us all as a favour

please take the absence of smileys, random formatting and capitalisation, and italic or bold text in my initial response to indicate absolute and utter sincerity :emotawesomepm9:

I think that Radiohead is really overrated. My brother thinks they're the shit compared to anything electronic because "they play real instruments" (He likes their one electronic album a lot and warrants liking it because they know how to play a guitar) then turns around and hates on AFX and the likes, which annoys me.

Anyway, my thought is that they're way overrated.

Kaini has be cracking up.

they made my favorite album (ok computer) and followed it up with a pretty great album and a bunch of shit. i don't hate them at all but they're really boring and i'm a little tired of hearing about how great they are. in rainbows was extremely half assed. they managed to make one of their strongest unreleased tracks (nude) sound like elevator music. they've basically turned into a jam band who write one great song per album and have legions of fans who will swallow whatever shit they're willing to put out. but they made ok computer. so it's all good.

also the first messageboard i ever posted on was called optimistic mb back in 99 and we'd trade really badly recorded versions of nothing to fear and how to disappear completely and never be found, back when that track was like eight minutes long and had ringing guitars and a keyboard solo at the end. i miss that. i've never been as big a fan of a band as i was of radiohead in the years following ok computer.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

I don't listen to radiohead or anything but I just came in here to say that troon's a cool guy

yeah!

what the hell dude

I don't listen to radiohead or anything but I just came in here to say that troon's a cool guy

yeah!

what the hell dude

^^^^ wtf Capsaicin

and, fuck Radiohead.

Bunch 'o pussies. I like my rock music to have testes.

*ducks*

not a hater. i enjoy their works. fave albums by them; ok computer, in rainbows (yea thats right), kid a.

fave song: bodysnatchers.

tell me this ain't i/d/m

almost entirely thom on piano/vox and johnny on kaoss (and ed on pedals and effects and some phil near the end)

it's a very... complete sort of sound, considering it's almost a duo

something they did on this tour... something almost cageian, was they sampled radio stuff earlier in the day on the tourbus, and then would use it at the performance that night. imagine my surprise when i heard the marian finucane show in the middle of 'the national anthem', lol.

i'd say they're the greatest band of the last 10 years or so. they were my introduction to the other side of rock and roll, and they consistently released fantastic albums with great compositions and interesting lyrics. kid a, amnesiac, ok computer, the bends, in rainbows, even hail to the thief.

some of my favorite songs from those

myxomitosis

all i need (one of their best songs)

nude

jigsaw falling into place

when i think about it, in rainbows is my favorite album of theirs, with kid a close behind.

their music is far more complex than most mainstream acts, and this is why their fans worship them. it's because their music is intellectually rewarding and touches the soul much stronger for some people than other music.

Archived