Apple's iPad

Rubin Farr

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and Windows 7 :cerious:

:cisfor:

iPad Apps for Music Making: What’s Coming, The Bigger Picture

this is pretty impressive already. Personally i don't agree at all with Apple's policies regarding app store control. Basically they turn the developer into some sort of "developing consumer slave whore" (yay let's build an elaborate software then give it away almost for free!), but hey it's their device and it works for them.

the HP slate will be another half-arsed touch screen device running normal Windows, and eventually fail hard.

• 1 month later...

played with an IPAD for the first time yesterday for about an hour. Got to play with the Electribe app and browse the web. Overall pretty fun toy but it's going to take a lot more applications for it to make it a serious music making device. Also the screen resolution was notably low res looking to my eyes, i think i was expecting something a little sharper but to me it looked lower resolution than the iphone, could be a visual illusion.

Guest the anonymous forumite

i bet in a year we will see tons of improvements.

What a risky bet, you're out of your mind.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting one as a controller for max4live. I don't see much in terms of abilities to create music, but i think it would be a great DJ app or a great midi controller, I could probably sell my apc40.

yeah i could easily see replacing your apc40 with it, i just got 'livecontrol' for my monome and really can't see myself ever needing a midi controller like that in the future.

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Apple's iPad

Archived