IGNORED

Apple's iPad

Rubin Farr

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

i was gonna say.. how weird a product it is. not just the product but the amount of hype around it.

long before it was announced everyone knew exactly what the product was going to be. which left massive amount of room for speculation and rumours. good and bad, everyone had an idea of how or what the ipad tablet kind of thingy is going to be. i don't think it could've lived up to expectations. especially considering it's not a touch screen laptop but a new product all together. i dunno, it's weird, but i hope it doesn't suck too much dry ass or anything cos it could be an enjoyable little thing to piss about on.

haha everyone hates this thing so bad its hilarious.

i just think with some time, and developers making apps - it could really get good - it would be great for using as a controller for ableton/effects etc like the lemur has no hope now.

or like portable synthesisers etc would kick ass on that, i have a few on the iphone but the small screen and cpu kills the experience.

if you dont like the app store, eventually ull be able to jail break it.

everyone seems really pissed off it doesnt have what other pc tablets have - which if thats the case, get a tablet PC.

Clearly, this is aimed and marketed at the general 'consumer' i.e grandmas grandpas mum and dads families etc... who know nothing about technology...

haha i ultimately dont care as ill get it or not for my own reasons, however the hate toward it after it was just demo'ed has been one big LOL :facepalm:

Clearly the iPhone OS 4 will do multi-tasking (the iPod touch already does multi-tasking,albeit in a limited way, but I can listen to music while I play a game, or read a book or browse the web).

It's entirely possible to type with a touch screen, i can take notes on lectures on my iPod touch (it's not all that enjoyable on such a small screen, but it's convenient in a pinch).

And USB isn't a dealbreaker, assuming they make it easy to transfer shit over wi-fi, which it already is with say Time Machine.

Anyways, depending...but yeah next fall semester...education discount :)

Clearly the iPhone OS 4 will do multi-tasking (the iPod touch already does multi-tasking,albeit in a limited way, but I can listen to music while I play a game, or read a book or browse the web).

It's entirely possible to type with a touch screen, i can take notes on lectures on my iPod touch (it's not all that enjoyable on such a small screen, but it's convenient in a pinch).

And USB isn't a dealbreaker, assuming they make it easy to transfer shit over wi-fi, which it already is with say Time Machine.

i did read it has wifi file sharing.

how does this look for taking notes and shit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmIgNfp-MdI

Guest blicero

-100pts for duplicate joke

i look forward to the inevitable cum monsoon that will ensue when ae are spotted performing live with this thing.

i think it's very amusing how much emotion and energy people put into a product they are not planning to buy or being forced to buy.

next time i'm at a restaurant, i'm going to run from table to table heckling all the diners that didn't order the same meal as me. "$6 for a fucking bacon cheddar burger?!?! it doesn't even come with fries or USB!! FAIL!"

i look forward to the inevitable cum monsoon that will ensue when ae are spotted performing live with this thing.

i think it's very amusing how much emotion and energy people put into a product they are not planning to buy or being forced to buy.

next time i'm at a restaurant, i'm going to run from table to table heckling all the diners that didn't order the same meal as me. "$6 for a fucking bacon cheddar burger?!?! it doesn't even come with fries or USB!! FAIL!"

They probably were planning and hoping to buy something like it but were turned off because of said lack of feature(s).

They probably were planning and hoping to buy something like it but were turned off because of said lack of feature(s).

turned off by no fries?

Guest blicero

Joyrex why do you always seem to come up with excuses for corporate tech products?

"Corporate tech products"? What the fuck is that? Fuck off.

yea, srsly. fuck off. what other kind of tech product is there? i haven't seen nay smartphones coming from mom & pop manufacturers.

Archived