IGNORED

All About iPhones

jules

I'm still using the 4s I got in 2012. Still works fine.

Being forced to upgrade soon though as every app is going nah. Won't even be able to check my email via the yahoo app after the 20th of this month :^)

that sounds like the complete opposite of working fine

it's the crossover to fully 64bit applications

Man there's a lot of triggad nibbas up in this bitch.

How hard is it to ignore this? I had no idea until I saw this thread. I still don't know anything more about either of these phones except they have facial recognition.

It seems like a very sophisticated phone. A lot of the technology is unseen, under the hood. A lot of it some people won't need or care for. Doesn't mean it's a bad phone though.

The price tag does.

Hi Apple, pls make phone that has a full day and night of battery life. Thanx, everyone. 

Apple: here is new phone you can open with your face. Can also use to make animojis. $1000.

That guy demoing the animojis, making chicken noises and horse noises to animate the unicorn was the end. These launches are beyond embarrassing now.

I'm way past that, every app has been scrutinized and deleted or updated, this is a well known issue since iOS 10.3.2 nuked a lot of people's batteries. Apple forums are full of these complaints, and a patch was supposedly "in the works" but now that the iOS 11 hype train has started, iOS 10 is no longer their priority. I wish I had stuck with 9.3.5, battery was great on that one, and this phone is just over a year old so it's not battery fatigue yet.

https://www.google.ae/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/05/18/apple-ios-10-3-2-iphone-battery-life-problems/amp/

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7958858?start=0&tstart=0

http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/ios-10-3-2-software-update-iphone-battery-drain-reports-1704243?amp=1&akamai-rum=off

Apple would have forced you to upgrade anyway through their 64-bit only mandate. Have you tried a factory reset and restore to see if that resolves the issue? You may even be able to take it to an Apple Store and see if you can finagle a new handset out of it since it may have defective hardware...

• 2 weeks later...

here's an idea. why dint they make the iPhone not crack? If you break the little tiny glass over the camera lens you have to pay 400 dollars to replace it because its part of the whole body. So you can't trade in when you are eligible.  Durability would be more cutting edge than all this shit

here's an idea. why dint they make the iPhone not crack? If you break the little tiny glass over the camera lens you have to pay 400 dollars to replace it because its part of the whole body. So you can't trade in when you are eligible. Durability would be more cutting edge than all this shit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

Edited by o00o

I've been using an old iPhone 5 and I don't really care for the iOS/phone thing. It's not bad but just not for me. Was considering a new (old) iPhone 6 or 7 when I could grab a new phone but me no likey iOS.

So....I ordered a Pixel 2 and signed up for Project Fi (cost effective reasons....financing the phone+Project Fi bill = current cell bill alone). Selling my aging Mac as well, only Apple thing I'll have in a couple weeks is an iPad.

New iPhones just don't seem to be much, and the camera on the new Pixels is fucking amazing from everything everyone seeing and saying. 

I posed a question to a Verizon employee. I was right about him too. I suggested that iPhones re preferred by lefty dems , and stuff like the samsungs and the rest and more attractive to independents and righty political leanings. The freedom of the other phones. Instead of the eco system of he Mac stuff. The tweak ability of the other brands and OS's. The individualizing is attractive to right leaning political people. Same with Linux users. 

Edited by marf

lol

sounds like a guardian headline "Think your kids are lefty dems? Check their preferred phone brand, you'd be surprised!"

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I posed a question to a Verizon employee. I was right about him too. I suggested that iPhones re preferred by lefty dems , and stuff like the samsungs and the rest and more attractive to independents and righty political leanings. The freedom of the other phones. Instead of the eco system of he Mac stuff. The tweak ability of the other brands and OS's. The individualizing is attractive to right leaning political people. Same with Linux users.

one of the dumbest things I’ve read on here in a while

1. Buy Che Guevara t-shirt

2. Buy a beret.

3. Buy a Google Pixel 2

3. Viva La Revolution

Oh fuck off. At least Im trying to think outside the box bit. 

Personality types are drawn to certain features and things. So fuck you you cunt. 

Vaguely interesting. But it should be noted that study's from over 5 years ago, which is half an eternity in the cell phone market. That said, most iPhone/Android users tend to stay in their ecosystem from all I've ever heard and seen. Also it's sort of stupid but you can't argue with numbers but still, sort of stupid.

My grampa is a ridiculously right-wing loon politically but he's got a Macbook and a flipphone, what does that mean?????!?!?!!? Nothing, it's pretty silly.

it means old people need simple OS's. Thats what Steve jobs built his interfaces on. Old ladies can use it. There are whole fucking majors in college about this shit. targeting demographics based on personality types

Edited by marf