IGNORED

All About iPhones

jules

8 is good so far. I've just got a cheap clear case on it at the moment while I decide on a better one. I'll probably go for one of those bumpers as previously linked.. though man, $30 for a fkn rubber ring, so ridiculous.

It's gonna take some time to get used to how much bigger it is than the SE; glad I didn't go for the X lol. 

It's gonna take some time to get used to how much bigger it is than the SE; glad I didn't go for the X lol. 

is the SE that much smaller? I upgraded from the standard 6 and I swear it's identical in size. 

The 8 is much faster so far. New otter box is way lower quality than the older ones - the grip feels like plastic instead of rubbery... Just feels off.

• 1 year later...

I've had a 6 SE for 3 years now and still going strong. Suits me as a smallish barebones mostly music device.

I've had grievances with the 'other' storage at times which seems to expand beyond any choice for cache deletion. I've found that turning the phone off is a good way to purge a lot of this 'other'. Straight after a backup/sync I turn it off for a minute and that does the trick (as well as regular stuff like clearing Safari history and having iCloud and most apps turned off from any updating).

13 hours ago, Braintree said:

Why is the 8 still $450 when it will be obsolete in like 2 years? Sheesh.

You can get an X for less than 400 almost everywhere, and the 8 is regularly given away as a "free" phone on most cellular plans...

2 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

You can get an X for less than 400 almost everywhere, and the 8 is regularly given away as a "free" phone on most cellular plans...

We got our 8s for free yeah. 400USD for the X still seems p high though!

2 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

We got our 8s for free yeah. 400USD for the X still seems p high though!

It's the best damn iPhone Apple's made so far (IMO) - really hoping the rumours of a "flat sided" (aka the iPhone 5 and new iPad Pro style) iPhone 12 this year come true.

• Like 2

I still have the Xr and I’ll wait until iphone 12 to upgrade, especially if will have screen with 120 hz refresh rate. Flat sided would neat too

Edited by xox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Huh. I did a quick search last night and it was showing $450, but I'm not seeing that now :shrug:

On 3/6/2020 at 5:08 PM, Braintree said:

Huh. I did a quick search last night and it was showing $450, but I'm not seeing that now :shrug:

I just did a quick search via Google's Shopping tab and I'm seeing it lots of places for 360, 400, 405, etc.

You may want to wait until this fall to see what Apple unveils, unless you know for sure you don't want to/cannot spend the money on a brand new phone or do a lease program on one.

• 4 months later...
23 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I’m not sure if I like the Android elements of iOS 14, it will def take some getting used to:

https://gizmodo.com/ios-14-will-completely-change-the-way-you-use-your-ipho-1844316573

I'm using 14 beta, and honestly most of the new features are pretty unobtrusive (e.g., if you don't want to use them, they aren't in your face about it).

• Joyrex changed the title to All About iPhones
8 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I'm using 14 beta, and honestly most of the new features are pretty unobtrusive (e.g., if you don't want to use them, they aren't in your face about it).

What a wasted possibility 3D Touch was, not as bad as Ping though ?

• 1 year later...
51 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

What the consensus on iOS 15? Some of the features are good, some will take some getting used to. Anyone get an iPhone 13?

Im still using an X, haven't got round to downloading it yet.

6 hours ago, milkface said:

Im still using an X, haven't got round to downloading it yet.

(Safari) Moving the address bar to the bottom is closer to your thumbs (you can toggle this) but it’s an adjustment after 14 years of having it at the top, they also moved emojis thankfully, so it’s not next to punctuation anymore.
Haven’t tackled Focuses yet, but it’s intriguing. Also picked up a HomePod Mini, so looking to set that up later.

• Like 1