IGNORED

How long til we get a Flying Lotus thread?

splesh

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Glass Plate

Subforums are kinda gay, when you really can condense everything into one big thread. (Like most large forums do)

I'd like a Venetian Snares sub forum because he's got so many releases*, and for me his best stuff is up there with Aphex/Autechre. There doesn't seem to be much discussion in forums elsewhere of his music.

*like only in a thread did I discover some more tracks of his on some compilations I didn't know about.

Guest Lube Saibot

I'd like a Venetian Snares sub forum because he's got so many releases*, and for me his best stuff is up there with Aphex/Autechre. There doesn't seem to be much discussion in forums elsewhere of his music.

*like only in a thread did I discover some more tracks of his on some compilations I didn't know about.

Nothing but Snares hate on watmm, pilgrim. :cerious:

flylo is not even in the same league as clark. first of all the name, flylo... corny as hell. sorry. clark has several albums and eps under his belt and has been warps most consistent and frequent released artist since 2001 (ae aside obviously). i can not imagine flying lotus still reinventing his genre or even being relevant in 8 years or so.

His name isn't flylo, that's just as stupid abbreviation people like to use for some reason. I find it pretty gay. His actual name Flying Lotus is pretty cool IMO.

But anyway I agree with you in that Clark is better and more proficient than Flying Lotus.

Not entirely sure why we're arguing which is better though, when we should just be enjoying them both.

And there seems to be more discussion about subforums than there is about the actual artists/music. Frankly I don't see the point. As others have said, they need to be condensed if anything. I mean sure I feel Clark (and VSnares) deserve one if it was up for debate, based on what currently exists, but who really cares?

Guest GrandPopPoplock

is there any news about the new Jackson album? I haven't heard anything about it.

http://truantsblog.com/2010/03/29/once-upon-a-time-there-was-a-king/

he seems very very nice.

BisonYes.jpg

Wow...I bought Smash 5 years ago ( it almost feels like 10 years ago ) I'm oblivious to time .

And I love Flylo too death , but...just like Clark...I don't think he has enough stuff to merit a sub forum .

Give 'em a few more years .

• 1 month later...
Guest PWSTEAL

I feeli like I'm one of the only people that doesn't understand all the flylo hype

I agree.

There are some Flying Lotus songs I really enjoy.

But I haven't really been able to enjoy a full album from him,

without having to skip tracks.

Guest Greg Reason

Flying Lotus and Kode9 tonight in Detroit!

(edit: this is the FlyLo subforum thread now, right? :wink: )

man, if FlyLo is eligable for a subforum methinks Bola shoulda had one years ago!!!!!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry but Fly Lo's sound is more directly inspired by an entire genre and movement of music than that of clarks

i don't mean to perpetuate this discussion any long but even Clark's new music sounds very directly inspired by Aphex twin to me

Archived