IGNORED

Oversteps Tour Recordings

jaderpansen

wohoo for even more radical meltage try smoking a fatty while listening to domino (highs+) and birminghan (lows+) at the same time! :crazy:

surely wouldn't mind stuff like this on an ep, complementary to the album :D

i remember reading rumors concerning this matter, where'd they come from? any infos?!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wohoo for even more radical meltage try smoking a fatty while listening to domino (highs+) and birminghan (lows+) at the same time! :crazy:

surely wouldn't mind stuff like this on an ep, complementary to the album :D

i remember reading rumors concerning this matter, where'd they come from? any infos?!

Sean said in an Oversteps interview that there'd be more from Ae soon, but he didn't go into specifics. Who knows?

I fucked around with the Domino set a bit... didnt have the wav, but who cares... it sounds good.

Re-emphasized the space a bit and kind of thickened everything up I guess.

Again, special thanks to the original poster. The original wav could make this sound even better I suppose.

Download

Great recording!

Track ID : The first track after the AE set is by Anodyne 'Close Your Eyes'and is taken from his new album 'Corrosion'

I fucked around with the Domino set a bit... didnt have the wav, but who cares... it sounds good.

Re-emphasized the space a bit and kind of thickened everything up I guess.

Again, special thanks to the original poster. The original wav could make this sound even better I suppose.

Download

i've just started listening to the domino recording for the first time, it's like a completely different set to the one i heard at BLOC. the sound system must've been fucked or something, because we could hardly hear any of the synthwork.

Guest qb0dp

the Ljubljana recording is by FAR the best. in fact i think it is really the only one worth listening to because it is the only one that managed to capture both the beats AND the melodic stuff that was going on. the melodies were almost completely lost on all the other recordings, drowned out by those insane bass frequencies.

yeah this seems to be the case, as well as those melodies not even being in the earlier shows. Either way im really enjoying this recording, its the only one i listened to from beginning to end so far. Hopefully and even better one comes out

I'm a bit lost right now...the latest recording (domino) doesn't sound like the one i've been to ! there was more bass or less melodies or both ?

Also the show i recorded that day is 1 hour and 24 minutes >> wtf :blink:

Guest Greg Reason

the Ljubljana recording is by FAR the best. in fact i think it is really the only one worth listening to because it is the only one that managed to capture both the beats AND the melodic stuff that was going on. the melodies were almost completely lost on all the other recordings, drowned out by those insane bass frequencies.

yeah this seems to be the case, as well as those melodies not even being in the earlier shows. Either way im really enjoying this recording, its the only one i listened to from beginning to end so far. Hopefully and even better one comes out

I'm a bit lost right now...the latest recording (domino) doesn't sound like the one i've been to ! there was more bass or less melodies or both ?

We've been mastering these recordings to have significantly less bass than was actually present in the room, which would account for the differences between the recordings you're listening to and the way it was when you were there.

You recorded a show? Please post a link. If you want it mastered prior then link me up with the original wav and I'll be happy to do a master then upload an mp3 link on here. I just got the Oslo wav so I'll get that one done when I get a free stretch in the next few days but I'd be happy to master your recording also.

Guest qb0dp

We've been mastering these recordings to have significantly less bass than was actually present in the room, which would account for the differences between the recordings you're listening to and the way it was when you were there.

You recorded a show? Please post a link. If you want it mastered prior then link me up with the original wav and I'll be happy to do a master then upload an mp3 link on here. I just got the Oslo wav so I'll get that one done when I get a free stretch in the next few days but I'd be happy to master your recording also.

My recording has been done with a cowon d2 and it just came out awful but i remember the show very well and it was less melodic that's for sure !

Guest serendipity

goodness. it's only been a few days since i've checked this thread, but now i'm really excited to hear this Domino set. yayayyay

qb0dp, please bring on the flac : there are skilled musicians on this site who could remaster it &, maybe, improve the sound.

what about the scotish guy who claimed the 256mp3 of Glasgow 2005 sounds as good as his wav file ? that would be a file to hunt (the wav not the mp3 for mastering purpose).

Guest serendipity

Any word on a flac/wav for the Domino set? Proswell wants to try his hand at a remaster. (he's been remastering shit professionally for a long time now and could probably do a decent job)

Any word on a flac/wav for the Domino set? Proswell wants to try his hand at a remaster. (he's been remastering shit professionally for a long time now and could probably do a decent job)

The same Proswell who used to be on Merck? Had a couple great albums back in the day.

Guest victorian sewer rituals

Hell yes get it to Proswelllllllllll!!! Konami and Carrot Dossier!!!!!! PEACH for fucks sake! His stuff is all-time classic in my book. I'm sure he'll do a bang up job with the domino set. :emotawesomepm9:

Oh and Rat News! another gem.

i started to try and master the Brussels set but it wasn't very satisfying for me since it is already so compressed. Either the guy recorded it with a limiter on the recorder or he compressed it after the fact.

Its still probably the best recording of the tour though.

The oslo set seems to be about 1/3rd longer in length, the bass is a little distorted in places. The parts where it was the worst (first 15 minutes) i removed. Ill work on that a little bit more and try to reattach it to the next upload. But let me know what you guys think. If the high end is a little too much i can back it off a little bit but this is kind of my mastering style i like making things very glittery, especially with Autechre's stuff. I also started mastering this on big speakers but the bass was a little too overwhelming so i moved over to headphones. If you are getting muddy bass still on speakers try headphones.

Autechre_Live@Oslo_2010_fgremaster.mp3

edit: thanks to Greg on here for providing the source material

well, it add details but maybe yes, there is too much trebble. well, that's just after comparing quickly with the original oslo mp3, via laptop + big headphones. that would be interesting if you could get the glasgow 2005 wav master. anyway, autechre are truly fantastic live!

Guest boredroom

just thought id mention the Dublin set last night.. ! effin unbelievable!

Either its present in all the recent live appearences and the recordig equipment people are using aint picking it up or perhaps its since Aes break, between London and Dublin they have had nearly 2 weeks off and introduced more melodies... I mean the strings and chords towards the latter half of their set were godly! the sounds were incredible and the crowd were loving it. I laughed many times too at their hilarious melodic notes they pulled off throughout the set.. the variation of tempos were deadly.. prior to this gig I always prefered the untitled quari toursets but fck me.. this was one of the most dynamic, deadly performances ive ever witnessed, I mean the recordings us watmm family have captured are great(except mine - distort to fck!:((, however I urge anyone who is contemplating seeing them this year - you must! Overall it was like experiencing something wonderful, something unknown in our times, as if Ae have returned from another planet with the answer to the future lol.. This oversteps tour has diversity and gives you a little of something familiar then they sprinkle a little of the unknown as if pushing you over the edge before giving you another groove to grab onto suddenly realising its like s&m and you're being broken in lol.... the end of that set in Dublin jaysus mann.. had touches of chord stabs that reminded me a little of 'lowride'.. I recorded the set as a Wav but it is fuckn bass heavy totally gutted BUT I witnessed at least 3 other people recording through the venue and someone filming with cam!? So hopefully hopefully we hear/see this one unveiled..

just thought id mention the Dublin set last night.. ! effin unbelievable!

Either its present in all the recent live appearences and the recordig equipment people are using aint picking it up or perhaps its since Aes break, between London and Dublin they have had nearly 2 weeks off and introduced more melodies... I mean the strings and chords towards the latter half of their set were godly! the sounds were incredible and the crowd were loving it. I laughed many times too at their hilarious melodic notes they pulled off throughout the set.. the variation of tempos were deadly.. prior to this gig I always prefered the untitled quari toursets but fck me.. this was one of the most dynamic, deadly performances ive ever witnessed, I mean the recordings us watmm family have captured are great(except mine - distort to fck!:((, however I urge anyone who is contemplating seeing them this year - you must! Overall it was like experiencing something wonderful, something unknown in our times, as if Ae have returned from another planet with the answer to the future lol.. This oversteps tour has diversity and gives you a little of something familiar then they sprinkle a little of the unknown as if pushing you over the edge before giving you another groove to grab onto suddenly realising its like s&m and you're being broken in lol.... the end of that set in Dublin jaysus mann.. had touches of chord stabs that reminded me a little of 'lowride'.. I recorded the set as a Wav but it is fuckn bass heavy totally gutted BUT I witnessed at least 3 other people recording through the venue and someone filming with cam!? So hopefully hopefully we hear/see this one unveiled..

sounds amazing, I hope they announce something for the US! Please!

I was at the Dublin gig too. It was waaaaay better than the Manchester set I went to. In fact, probably the best of the five ae gigs i've been to in the past 10 years

Archived