IGNORED

How To Destroy Angels

oscillik

generic singing over the fragile b-side #124129 with NIN_PIANOLOOP_2.wav thrown on top. fucking haha.

nailed it.

from the same guy who twittered about the death of social media and how much he hated twitter and facebook

http://pitchfork.com/news/38718-trent-reznor-answers-your-questions-on-facebook/

Edited by jules

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Greg Reason

From their fb:

Alun Phillips: UK Tour?, Is Atticuss a band member or a collaborator? and How deep is the Coil connection ( Read somewhere that Peter Christopherson may be a member), is it just the name?

TR: The band at the moment is Mariqueen, Atticus and myself. Peter is an old friend and collaborator. I obviously ran the name choice by him first and we've discussed him contributing to the upcoming material in one form or another.

Tour question answered above.

yeah the space inbetween is a step up from a drowning. its definitely rehashed from previous sounds in that nin fashion, but if local radio stations play this over the crap rock they play now, i'm all for it.

I like it.

Also this stuff pwns joona whats her name iamwhoiamiamimaieiamei.

Also with teeth is a great album minus the lyrics to the title AtrackA.

The vocal melody reminds me so much of some song and it's being driving me soooooo insane since last night trying to pin it. It's a song that's the title track to an album I think, likely sung by a female. Damnit rezzzzzz.

Kinda like how it took me forever to figure out it was Blur's "song two" that "getting smaller" from with teeth reminded me of.

and marilyn manson's "new model" reminded me of my sharona. All things that drove me nuts till i figured it out.

*asplodes*

big black bomb perhaps?

anyway, meh. i mean it's not bad, but maybe put some swing in that beat for once in your life TR

he'd need to get Dre involved again, like he did with Even Deeper

big black bomb perhaps?

anyway, meh. i mean it's not bad, but maybe put some swing in that beat for once in your life TR

I constantly play a swingy version of the acoustic riff from "The Becoming" almost every time I pick up my acoustic guitar. That and bluesy version of blackbird. A lot of NIN translates well to blues and swing/jazz.

All the same. Trent loves the "tight assedness" quantized sound, not expecting him to ever make anything swingy. "Only" is maybe the closest thing that jumps to mind, but it's still very tight.

Guest mafted

wow, didn't know how good of a Coil album this is.. also discovered a lot of their other albums, like the original Backwards which is awesome!

Edited by mafted

Guest mafted

yea i had that which is why it's surprising.. this is the music i've been looking forever for.. like, aesthetically, it's hard to describe.

Edited by mafted

Guest Greg Reason

wow, didn't know how good of a Coil album this is.. also discovered a lot of their other albums, like the original Backwards which is awesome!

Haha I love Coil immensely but I hate the Backwards bootleg :emotawesomepm9: Some of their worst material ever imo

big black bomb perhaps?

I constantly play a swingy version of the acoustic riff from "The Becoming" almost every time I pick up my acoustic guitar. That and bluesy version of blackbird. A lot of NIN translates well to blues and swing/jazz.

All the same. Trent loves the "tight assedness" quantized sound, not expecting him to ever make anything swingy. "Only" is maybe the closest thing that jumps to mind, but it's still very tight.

Let's not forget Piggy and With Teeth. That may be it for swingy NIN.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova