IGNORED

2012, will we all die?

Guest sirch

in response to the claims that we don't really know what year it is, the thing with the mayan calendar is that it was not based on our whole year-week-day system. They had a different method of measuring time, and when that method is converted to the calendar we use, you get either december 21st or 23rd, 2012 for this "end of the cycle" thing. It's all a bunch of stupid fucking nonsense, the 2012 end of the world thing, but that line of attack on the theory is not correct.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in response to the claims that we don't really know what year it is, the thing with the mayan calendar is that it was not based on our whole year-week-day system. They had a different method of measuring time, and when that method is converted to the calendar we use, you get either december 21st or 23rd, 2012 for this "end of the cycle" thing. It's all a bunch of stupid fucking nonsense, the 2012 end of the world thing, but that line of attack on the theory is not correct.

spoke to some mayans about it have you? who came up with these dates. who did the calculations? we don't know when the long count calendar started really - people just guess at it (and therefore guess at the dates it might end) in books about 2012 and the end of the world to make some money. we don't know what year it really is now in the greogorian calendar and we don't know what year it is now in the mayan calendar -it's all complete speculation.

only God truly knows the exact time in which all that is crooked will be made straight-all that is in darkness

will come to light-all which is unknown and shrouded in mystery will become known. that which is resistant

to the truth will finally let go and succumb to that which is right and good in God for all eternity. i wait in

great anticipation for this day which is not an end-but instead a new beginning-or maybe even a more accurate

way to describe it would be the return to the way everything was-has been and always will be outside the

boundaries of this sick and stubborn dimensional universe. it will indeed be glorious! for some the

transition will be more difficult-but in the end-all will be well.

spoke to some mayans about it have you? who came up with these dates. who did the calculations? we don't know when the long count calendar started really - people just guess at it (and therefore guess at the dates it might end) in books about 2012 and the end of the world to make some money. we don't know what year it really is now in the greogorian calendar and we don't know what year it is now in the mayan calendar -it's all complete speculation.

Actually, on that note, people have spoken to modern day Mayans about 2012, and their response is always "what the fuck are you on about, mate? Nothing significant is going to happen."

it would be great if everyone on the planet would spontaneously trip in 2012.

but seriously, nothing is going to happen. it's all BS. there is nothing eschatological about the mayan long count.

Guest Rambo

I thought it was to do with how the stars line up and shit. Nothing to do with the date. The december 2012 date is us putting our calendar over their shiznit, so that fizlay wont trinket.

Guest eichel

dont care bout nostradams or maya or 2012 but there is some serious bullshit going on right now. too many humanoids, financial stuff, the oil-thingie right now... i dont think the worlds gonna end but it will get worse before it may eventually get better again. last 60 years were a good time for the usa/europe.

isn't the whole 2012 thing based on the aztec ( / mayan incan watevva) calenda coming to an end or something? and it's, like, really dumb, right, cuz, like, it's just when their calendar comes to an end?? sort of like how the world doesn't actually end when your desk diary runs out, you just go to yer stationery place and buy a new one. but the mayan /incan/aztecs won't do that cuz they've extinctified themselves, which makes their entire calendar a bit redundant anyway. but yeah woot armapocalypse

edit: and this is my entire knowledge of central american history.

I have read some info on this, some time ago. It was related to Mayans and their notions of astronomy as well as their calendar, as you said. I don't have enough knowledge to formulate my opinion, but they were pretty intelligent and scientists themselves have plenty of doubts about this.

they predicted, yet, they died first, BIG LOL

Guest ruiagnelo

so many internet people i need to start punching in their internet faces right now

You can't. You are a victim of the internet as well.

they had a thing on the news today with the singer in a famous (christian) band here who's building his own 'ark' - a kind of bizarre spherical structure that's self-sufficient... cause "you never know" :squarepusher:

Hugh_Jackman_navy.jpg

I think with a lot of the people who buy into this shit, they're just cowards. they don't want to have to fix the mess they've made of their lives, and a deus ex machina to end it all looks attractive, because then they don't have to kill themselves and make their mom sad.

Guest sirch

I love the fact that i started a 6 page thread, so far, that i've not even read yet.. but just like to watch grow...

like a plant in the corner of the room, that's kinda needing watering but.. can't really be assed to get up and see to it yet... as it's not really as important as this 'beer and chips' in my hand , lol.

but thank you all for contributing. :)

I think with a lot of the people who buy into this shit, they're just cowards. they don't want to have to fix the mess they've made of their lives, and a deus ex machina to end it all looks attractive, because then they don't have to kill themselves and make their mom sad.

lol. Yeah people crave narrative and purpose, whether it's jeebus, Alex Jones, or this.

Archived