IGNORED

universal indicator

chim

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You weren't stating your fucking opinion , you were trying to piss me off by stating a false fact.*looks up definition of troll*[/b]

No.

I have no reason to go out of my way to piss you or anyone else off on this board. That's not my style, and I'm not a malicious poster. Maybe if you payed more attention around here over the years you'd know that. Maybe try and reclaim some dignity by flicking your "defensive mode" switch off, and then shutting the hell up. But hey, whatever makes you feel better there guy.

Again , I apologize to those who wanted to discuss Universal Indicator , but this troll really pissed me off.

I tried to like it , but i just couldn't.

There, you discussed it. Post 4 in this thread. Great job. :beer:

I think it's hard for the younger crowd to get into this because it is some really hard shit, and really repetitive.

Keep in mind when these came out that there really wasn't anything like this.

Mike Dred on the UI series:

I don't often pop up in these places and probably won't again for a very long time. But I'm compelled to clarify a few misinterpretations. The tracks on the blue and the red were composed deliberately to exploit lofi sonic charcteristics and analogue signal processing of synths and drum machines thru audio inputs of certain other analogue synths. You have to remember that these were made at a time when there was nothing else around to resemble that style and that they defined a whole genre of faster acid and techno music with deliberate use of distortion - Notably on the drums as well as the B-Lines. At the time everything was 120 -128bpm and these were rocking out at 150bpm. Of course they sound rough and dare I say dated - but that's because so many producers took the formula and refined it later on. Without these benchmark recordings a whole scene might never have happened and that is why they are cherised and traded for silly prices. I played these recordings at a party in London, November 2005 and they tore up the dancefloor so that's not bad for a bit of blue and red grunge is it - that are probably almost as old as alot of people writing about them... MD

from discogs

edit: ohmyfuckinglol sneaks :emotawesomepm9:

I actually like Innovation in the Dynamics of Acid better , i don't know why , it has more "action" than the EPs.

Mike D did a good job in condensing the EPs for those who could't "get into" them.

I actually like Innovation in the Dynamics of Acid better , i don't know why , it has more "action" than the EPs.

Mike D did a good job in condensing the EPs for those who could't "get into" them.

That's kind of the point of these records tho innit? They're meant to be dropped in the middle of a mix and just pound the floor into submission (which they can still do today)

Red and Green are by Richard - I don't particularly care for the music, but I did like the packaging/design concept of Green (the 12,10, and 7 inch coloured vinyl enclosed in a shopping bag with a map of Cornwall on it featuring a Gundam robot in the centre).

Guest blsked

Red and Green are by Richard - I don't particularly care for the music, but I did like the packaging/design concept of Green (the 12,10, and 7 inch coloured vinyl enclosed in a shopping bag with a map of Cornwall on it featuring a Gundam robot in the centre).

Thanks. I love the snare at the beginning of the first track from Universal Indicator Red. It's just placed perfectly.

UI is epic in every-way. and If people don't get it or dont want to try and 'get it' then good for them, these are the same idiots who don't understand why buzz caner (or even the crot ep) is so amazing

early ''idm'' or ''acid'' will always be so much better then the majority of music put out today. Ui still feels totaly fresh and banging after all these years (pushing on 20 years!)

anyways

have a high definition mix (hear every crack and pop)

http://chrismossacid.kaen.org/music/finished/singles/ui.mp3

0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pulsewarrior

he definitely did a good job mixing this (which i am nearly positive was not done on turntables)....down to even sequencing track times, there's a whole creative math to it which surprises me since there is a definite narrative on the mix and it builds and just bombs away.

• 4 weeks later...

I did like the packaging/design concept of Green (the 12,10, and 7 inch coloured vinyl enclosed in a shopping bag with a map of Cornwall on it featuring a Gundam robot in the centre).

It's a pity Rephlex dropped that side of things so long ago for whatever reason (Analord binder aside). Slightly OT, but I love the brown paper bag design of the single AB3 vinyl as well.

Plus UIs ftw. I think they've hardly aged at all, they still sound shit-hot.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mohamed

UI is epic in every-way. and If people don't get it or dont want to try and 'get it' then good for them, these are the same idiots who don't understand why buzz caner (or even the crot ep) is so amazing

early ''idm'' or ''acid'' will always be so much better then the majority of music put out today. Ui still feels totaly fresh and banging after all these years (pushing on 20 years!)

anyways

have a high definition mix (hear every crack and pop)

http://chrismossacid.kaen.org/music/finished/singles/ui.mp3

0.jpg

now playing. it sounds great here, thanks for sharing

Archived