IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GAWD!

I do not give two shits about mr Handlebar. There's nothing interesting about him apart from his hair color. And then they drag us through a flashback that is so damn predictable. In Lost all the characters had secrets and were mysterious which made their flashbacks interesting but this could be any random guy on the street telling a random ass story about his past.

I can't wait for next week's episode.

thoughts on finale?

Someone dies in a forest.

by a living or dead human body.

I think you're on to something.

GAWD!

I do not give two shits about mr Handlebar. There's nothing interesting about him apart from his hair color. And then they drag us through a flashback that is so damn predictable. In Lost all the characters had secrets and were mysterious which made their flashbacks interesting but this could be any random guy on the street telling a random ass story about his past.

I can't wait for next week's episode.

thoughts on finale?

Yea, only 3 episodes left for mid-season finale. Probably just gonna end up at the stupid hospital for fuck sake to rescue Carol.

why are you all still watching it? :shrug:

I watch it for shits and giggles (and for the backwards of it all).

Also, every now and then there's a slight hint of something that's almost cool. For instance, the last shot in the opening is of a zombie walking around alone in the field. I think that shot is from one of the earlier seasons but it's probably one of the coolest shots in the show of all times. Nothing happened in that scene. It was just Shane looking out of a car window staring at this zombie walking around doing nothing and for some reason it was very atmospheric.

I'm surprised no one has pointed out how fucking terrible the blood splatter looks? Worst compositing ever.

:beer: truth in every word. I love that clip of the lone zombie with the setting sun.

Edited by olo

there is not shits and giggles.

The acting for one is pretty hilarious.

But you know what? The show could actually use some light hearted scenes because it's trying way too hard to be dark and moody. But just like violence in movies, if you're bombarded with it it doesn't have any effect on the viewer. I'm sick and tired of Rick and his moody face and his growling whisper. The show tries so hard and falls flat on its fucking face. It keeps stumbling over its own feet because making the way through the dark and creepy post apocalyptic obstacle course that is The Walking Dead is like balancing on a sword. Breaking Bad was a pretty moody show, but well placed and well functioning comic reliefs worked wonders for the show.

why are you all still watching it? :shrug:

I watch it for shits and giggles (and for the backwards of it all).

Also, every now and then there's a slight hint of something that's almost cool. For instance, the last shot in the opening is of a zombie walking around alone in the field. I think that shot is from one of the earlier seasons but it's probably one of the coolest shots in the show of all times. Nothing happened in that scene. It was just Shane looking out of a car window staring at this zombie walking around doing nothing and for some reason it was very atmospheric.

I'm surprised no one has pointed out how fucking terrible the blood splatter looks? Worst compositing ever.

yea that was an awesome shot

this season opening episode was just incredible. absolutely perfect. really dark and gritty. it was everything the show can and should be. be then they just fall back on the same old garbage. i guess i watch 10 shit episodes for that 1 that is awesome. i don't know. i do like to punish myself too, so there's that.

yea, maggie and beth are sisters right? they spend so much time forcing character dynamics and ignore the ones that are already there. as soon as the mullet guy came on the show, everyone knew he was full of crap. so they spend a season trying to make a story and then have him say he is full of crap. it didn't fool anyone. I'm sure in the writers' room, they were thinking "people are going to lose their minds when we reveal this!" lol

midseason finale is such a crock of shit too. why does every show do this now? a season is now now 2 mini seasons? come on already.

but for sure. a big hospital show down. no doubt.

ugh

midseason finale is such a crock of shit too. why does every show do this now? a season is now now 2 mini seasons? come on already.

but for sure. a big hospital show down. no doubt.

ugh

It's gonna end with a closing shot of Daryl entering a hallway in the now secured hospital.

Carol is standing there. Their eyes lock & Daryl & Carol both make their signature happy smirks.

Beth then walks out of a room behind Carol.

Daryl stops smirking. Camera pans from Beth back to Carol.

Shit just got real.

End credits.

dont mind the slow pace nature of the show, it actually adds a degree of realism to it, the empty shuffle of survival. its probably the most realist piece of realistic realism currently on air.

eugenes mullet is extremely real for example,

Several episodes deal with Caryl and Darol, who are always at odds with one another, with Caryl constantly antagonizing Darol. Deep down, however, they really love each other. In one of many very special episodes, one of Caryl's classmates contracts HIV via Factor VIII, like Ryan White. The friend is taken out of school due to the ignorance and uncertainty that many of the other children's parents share. This leads Caryl to shun her friend in fear of getting the disease herself. Darol is there for her and the child, and he helps Caryl to shed her fear of the boy and publicly accept him as her friend.

Edited by jules

Scott Ian from Anthrax to guest star in the 2nd half of this season. Hopefully a subplot to find his missing bandmates. I'll respect this if it's Scott Ian playing Scott Ian.

Squee, I should've clarified...

I meant, what were your thoughts on the Lost finale?

Oh, well... It was garbage. That show went around in circles, didn't know what it was doing, then all if a sudden it had one season left to sum it all up and it took a huge dump in bed.

It should have ended after season three where you see the foot of the statue and left with with a huge mystery which would never get solved.

Wish I could watch that youtube accompanying the gif above, but it's blocked at work...

As soon as that scene happened I called it out to my wife. Complete bullshit edit done poorly lol

and it fucking took them 4 vans to get to this final scene, seems like they're a bunch of retards with excessive budget.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-walking-dead-van-scene-2014-11

that youtube is not a vid but an accompanying score, it really adds to the experience i think.

terrible editing. especially with the POV from inside the van. but what's new about WD...

They should have never shown the van hit the ground & just cut it to them getting out of it upside down.

Edited by olo