IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

walking dead is like formulaic progressive house, you know, how you basically layer stuff until you have an orchestra of four on the floors and parallel 9th stabs and phased pads and stuttering hi hats. then, you take out the kick drum for a few bars, and it's not like it was so groundbreaking before w/ the kick, but you are definitely going to keep listening until that kick starts up again. the rest of the track is a search for that kick drum, and maybe you kill off some snare drums on the way there, but with the help of some new found claps, by the end of the season track, you find the kick drum again and are right back where you started.

the next season track is very similar, but the pads are grittier, worn, and the kick drum is sparser, and the other snare, the sister of the dead snare, is hollow sounding now.

Or you could say the whole show is just a REALLY fast version of William Basinski's The Disintergration Loops...

but that would be entertaining.

*rolls in world trade center dust, puts on David Bowie's outfit from Labyrinth*

seemed like the exact lens flare stuff from the boc teasers

yeah think it was meant to be super 8 footage, i enjoy walking dead cos im a fan lol but one thing i hate is super imposed 'super 8 effects'

why do you guys carry on?

and don't say for the rush, the adaptation and the general backwardness of the act, although I would accept that as a passable excuse.

"why don't we go live on a fucking island, cunts?"

I'd love to see a bogan zombie apocalypse. that ought to be the final hurrah for this over-exploited genre before its next resurgence 20 years from now.

It's so directionless, the characters can't even think of a plot to keep the series going. Obviously they're still going to DC, because otherwise Morgan would be written off the show. Personally, I would head to NORAD in Colorado, that shit is buried under a mountain.