IGNORED

datura

Alzado

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been growing Daturas (the Metel variety) in my greenhouse over the last few years, whilst collecting all the info I could find on these mysterious plants. Last year I began experimenting with smoking the seeds in cigarettes (with and without cannabis) other than having a pleasant spicy taste there was no effect, other than perhaps a cannabis like buzz.

I then turned my attention to the flowers; beautiful trumpets of white that bloom at night and have a nice vanilla/honey aroma. I took one and dried it out, snipped it into small pieces and smoked it, again with and without cannabis, to no real effect.

One night last autumn I gathered courage and ate half a flower before bedtime. Very bitter tasting. No discernable effect, though I did have a dream where I was wandering on the beach and on hearing a loud noise from the sky, like when a fighter jet is approaching, I turned to look and an empty flower pot is hurtling towards me from the sky, zooming by it took a section of the roof of a nearby hut clean off. I then ran over and collected up the flower pot. The dream had a positive, safe feel to it.

From what I've read this will be more or less the effect (light buzz reminiscent of cannabis) up until around 80% of a lethal toxicity level is reached. Meaning you need to be within around 20% of a lethal dose to experience delirium/full dream world immersion.

Most reports of the stuff is from people who have ingested parts of the plant orally. But I did come across one person who had instead made an ointment, mixing ground up flowers/seeds with vaseline and coleus leaves to positive, albeit intense results. He also sometimes chewed the leaves (swallowing saliva only) the point being never to actually ingest any part of the plant. This was a very interesting read, presenting a different method, reminiscent of the witch brew legend where a "flying ointment" was made and rubbed on the genitals with a stick (the witch's broomstick).

I doubt I will ever experiment much more with this mysterious plant, as it's hella risky no matter how careful you are. However I still find myself constantly fascinated by these plants and all the mystery and history surrounding them, and I can't deny my curiosity. Perhaps one day when I am old I will be ready to bask successfully in the realm of lady Datura.

Until then, I will surround myself with her majestic presence and get to know the plants better. I've ordered some mixed Datura, Belladonna and Hyoscyamus Niger seeds. Next summer I will have a full greenhouse of them and move my other veggies outdoors!

What is this... 4 year resurrection of thread.  PERHAPS THE THREAD IS ON DATURA AND DOESN'T KNOW IT'S OLD!!!

And fuck datura.  Rule #382 of Recreational Drug Club: If you still wanna go hard with datura after doing extensive research, chase that shit with krokodil brah- it's awesome.

But to sort of ease up on datura effects, one might be able to experiment with angel's trumpet (this, I've done).  Make a massive batch of tea from the flowers and dose it out to like 1 flower to test.  Then up dosage on next test with same batch.  Of course, me mentioning this is akin to recommending forehead smashing in mud, to prepare for concrete.  But the relatively mild effects might be bad enough to dissuade one from going full-blown datura, so I'm putting this out there to potentially save one much mental torment or literally having sex with a parent, etc.

Devil's advocate: I have a Russian friend who had a positive experience on datura.  He spent a lot of time talking with loved ones who weren't there, among other things.  But I mention Russian, cuz he's the type of Russian who miiight do krokodil if presented to him.  I gave that dude some Syrian rue shiz that I had (MAOI to potentiate certain drugs whilst fasting), and that dude ate a huge chunk, got drunk and did other "not safe" shit- didn't give a fuck.  He could do like 10 drugs at the same time and be totally cool.  I've watched him down like a pint of vodka in one go, and be *straight*.  So if you can't down a pint of vodka and be normal-- if you can't combine meth, snorting crushed oxycontin, ganj, plus alcohol and still play chess at a FIDE 1900+ level, I wouldn't touch datura.

lol @ this

but also this kind of reminds me of the time I got my wisdom teeth pulled, took a handful of vicodin, and snorted methamphetamine for an entire weekend.

What is this... 4 year resurrection of thread.  PERHAPS THE THREAD IS ON DATURA AND DOESN'T KNOW IT'S OLD!!!

And fuck datura.  Rule #382 of Recreational Drug Club: If you still wanna go hard with datura after doing extensive research, chase that shit with krokodil brah- it's awesome.

But to sort of ease up on datura effects, one might be able to experiment with angel's trumpet (this, I've done).  Make a massive batch of tea from the flowers and dose it out to like 1 flower to test.  Then up dosage on next test with same batch.  Of course, me mentioning this is akin to recommending forehead smashing in mud, to prepare for concrete.  But the relatively mild effects might be bad enough to dissuade one from going full-blown datura, so I'm putting this out there to potentially save one much mental torment or literally having sex with a parent, etc.

Devil's advocate: I have a Russian friend who had a positive experience on datura.  He spent a lot of time talking with loved ones who weren't there, among other things.  But I mention Russian, cuz he's the type of Russian who miiight do krokodil if presented to him.  I gave that dude some Syrian rue shiz that I had (MAOI to potentiate certain drugs whilst fasting), and that dude ate a huge chunk, got drunk and did other "not safe" shit- didn't give a fuck.  He could do like 10 drugs at the same time and be totally cool.  I've watched him down like a pint of vodka in one go, and be *straight*.  So if you can't down a pint of vodka and be normal-- if you can't combine meth, snorting crushed oxycontin, ganj, plus alcohol and still play chess at a FIDE 1900+ level, I wouldn't touch datura.

lol @ this

but also this kind of reminds me of the time I got my wisdom teeth pulled, took a handful of vicodin, and snorted methamphetamine for an entire weekend.

What is this... 2 year resurrection of my post. PERHAPS THE THREAD IS ON DATURA AND DOESN'T KNOW IT'S OLD!!!

I have been growing Daturas (the Metel variety) in my greenhouse over the last few years, whilst collecting all the info I could find on these mysterious plants. Last year I began experimenting with smoking the seeds in cigarettes (with and without cannabis) other than having a pleasant spicy taste there was no effect, other than perhaps a cannabis like buzz.

I then turned my attention to the flowers; beautiful trumpets of white that bloom at night and have a nice vanilla/honey aroma. I took one and dried it out, snipped it into small pieces and smoked it, again with and without cannabis, to no real effect.

One night last autumn I gathered courage and ate half a flower before bedtime. Very bitter tasting. No discernable effect, though I did have a dream where I was wandering on the beach and on hearing a loud noise from the sky, like when a fighter jet is approaching, I turned to look and an empty flower pot is hurtling towards me from the sky, zooming by it took a section of the roof of a nearby hut clean off. I then ran over and collected up the flower pot. The dream had a positive, safe feel to it.

From what I've read this will be more or less the effect (light buzz reminiscent of cannabis) up until around 80% of a lethal toxicity level is reached. Meaning you need to be within around 20% of a lethal dose to experience delirium/full dream world immersion.

Most reports of the stuff is from people who have ingested parts of the plant orally. But I did come across one person who had instead made an ointment, mixing ground up flowers/seeds with vaseline and coleus leaves to positive, albeit intense results. He also sometimes chewed the leaves (swallowing saliva only) the point being never to actually ingest any part of the plant. This was a very interesting read, presenting a different method, reminiscent of the witch brew legend where a "flying ointment" was made and rubbed on the genitals with a stick (the witch's broomstick).

I doubt I will ever experiment much more with this mysterious plant, as it's hella risky no matter how careful you are. However I still find myself constantly fascinated by these plants and all the mystery and history surrounding them, and I can't deny my curiosity. Perhaps one day when I am old I will be ready to bask successfully in the realm of lady Datura.

Until then, I will surround myself with her majestic presence and get to know the plants better. I've ordered some mixed Datura, Belladonna and Hyoscyamus Niger seeds. Next summer I will have a full greenhouse of them and move my other veggies outdoors!

Thanks for sharing your story! God speed to you.

I thought all of Clive Barker's stuff was based on his nightmares and he used to like, eat raw meat and mature cheese and stuff before he went to bed to try and bring about the most visceral dreams.

Archived