IGNORED

datura

Alzado

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt like paranoid shit, and I saw a lot of animals that I'm very frightened of crawling around everywhere , centipedes, spiders, huge rats everywhere and the hallucinations were extraordinarily accurate and vivid. I turned the lights off and shadow people were running a muck and everything was just really fucking scary. Like a nightmare, basically. It's dreamlike in the way that its difficult to convince yourself it's not real sometimes.

I don't recommend deliriants personally, they just aren't much fun.

is this the stuff that scopolamine is made out of? if so, that stuff sounds absolutely terrifying.

i watched this documentary a few months back about how criminals in colombia use the stuff to essentially turn people into zombies that do whatever they want by using this stuff on their victims. apparently, once you turn it into powder, it is extremely volatile as an airborne substance; these criminals would lure unsuspecting people near them and get them to inhale the drug, whereupon the victims would totally bend under the will of their captors. interesting enough but scary as hell.

in high dosages, it's supposed to be really hallucinogenic in a very bad, not like the cool-acid-trip.

i've heard stories about peopel cutting off their dicks on that stuff and tongues, among other things..

oh my :ohmy:

my uncle tried it and he's still a dick lol

seriously though - i hear the damage datura does to the liver as well as other organs makes it not worth the trouble.

(the natural high is the best high in the world)

i've heard stories about peopel cutting off their dicks on that stuff and tongues, among other things..

oh my :ohmy:

my uncle tried it and he's still a dick lol

seriously though - i hear the damage datura does to the liver as well as other organs makes it not worth the trouble.

(the natural high is the best high in the world)

it makes you totally insane for a long period of time... liver damage would be the least of your worries.

is this the stuff that scopolamine is made out of? if so, that stuff sounds absolutely terrifying.

i watched this documentary a few months back about how criminals in colombia use the stuff to essentially turn people into zombies that do whatever they want by using this stuff on their victims. apparently, once you turn it into powder, it is extremely volatile as an airborne substance; these criminals would lure unsuspecting people near them and get them to inhale the drug, whereupon the victims would totally bend under the will of their captors. interesting enough but scary as hell.

in high dosages, it's supposed to be really hallucinogenic in a very bad, not like the cool-acid-trip.

arts_batman.jpg

arts_batman.jpg

very true. hadn't noticed that connection.

i seriously want to try this stuff. it could be the worst time of my life but it would sure as hell be interesting.

taking it would kind of be like ... say if you could choose to be in a plane crash, knowing that you would live, with possible minor long term damage that you could live with, POSSIBLE

thats what it is

a horrific experience, a thrill

i want to try it, i've done acid 2 times, shrooms 6, salvia 2, dxm 3 or 4, i am not a hippie, this just sounds fascinating

i seriously want to try this stuff. it could be the worst time of my life but it would sure as hell be interesting.

taking it would kind of be like ... say if you could choose to be in a plane crash, knowing that you would live, with possible minor long term damage that you could live with, POSSIBLE

thats what it is

a horrific experience, a thrill

i want to try it, i've done acid 2 times, shrooms 6, salvia 2, dxm 3 or 4, i am not a hippie, this just sounds fascinating

be sure to wear a straight jacket

i'm doing some reading, seems like benadry..... :facepalm: can give you the same effects.

i might do a low dosage of that. see spiders and talk to imaginary people. i feel confident that my experience with lucid dreaming gives me the upper hand on this. if i tell myself going into it, and put reminders everywhere that i am "dreaming" while awake, won't i be able to control it? for instance, if i hallucinate a scorpion, no matter how real my mind tells me it is, i can remind myself that it is not, and i can reach out to touch it.

?

like how in a nightmare you lucid dream, you can turn towards your fear and dominate it.

Guest Babar

I'm living just a few steps away from a agricultural complex (highschool, university, research center). One night i was walking around the surroundings with a bunch of friends and we met a band of young people studying agricultural stuffs. They told us they just swallowed a bunch of datura seeds. At the time i was already aware of datura's dangers so i told the guys to be extemely cautious because it was rather a poison than a drug.

"Don't bother man" they said, "we took some last night and it was awesome".

-"what happenend"

-"we don't really remember. But when we came down we noticed our bodies was covered with toothprints. We just bite each other it was a fun night ! yay"

I never saw the again.

true story.

I'm living just a few steps away from a agricultural complex (highschool, university, research center). One night i was walking around the surroundings with a bunch of friends and we met a band of young people studying agricultural stuffs. They told us they just swallowed a bunch of datura seeds. At the time i was already aware of datura's dangers so i told the guys to be extemely cautious because it was rather a poison than a drug.

"Don't bother man" they said, "we took some last night and it was awesome".

-"what happenend"

-"we don't really remember. But when we came down we noticed our bodies was covered with toothprints. We just bite each other it was a fun night ! yay"

I never saw the again.

true story.

lol

i'm doing some reading, seems like benadry..... :facepalm: can give you the same effects.

i might do a low dosage of that. see spiders and talk to imaginary people. i feel confident that my experience with lucid dreaming gives me the upper hand on this. if i tell myself going into it, and put reminders everywhere that i am "dreaming" while awake, won't i be able to control it? for instance, if i hallucinate a scorpion, no matter how real my mind tells me it is, i can remind myself that it is not, and i can reach out to touch it.

?

like how in a nightmare you lucid dream, you can turn towards your fear and dominate it.

detener scorcho. Excuse me for saying but wasn't it you in that thread about your anxieties? I must apologize if this matter is wrong or irelevant at this point, but it seems to me as very relevant. Foremost because of the fact that lucid dreaming is very different from an intense datura experience. Then it is very difficult to ingest a correct threshold dose, which depends on so many factors... I haven't tried datura myself, but I have enough reason to say that DON'T do it in your believed circumstances. I've been interested in datura myself, I've met some people who took it, and all had different experiences. The trip is intense and triggers overwhelming awareness, illusions, memory black holes... some had a lot of fun and enlightening experiences, one ended up dead (rip), the other ended on the street. I would not recommend it to anyone. It is just your own decision, but you should have someone aware and sober at your side...

there used be a product sold here in chemists called 'potters asthmatic cigarettes' which were basically processed datura stramonium. you could make a tea from it. would not recommend.

It seems like almost every datura trip report I've ever read included the user smoking phantom cigarettes and wandering around outside, naked or shoeless.

interesting post from that thread:

I've done my fair share of datura.... strange shit, one minute you're sitting in your living room with 6-7 people, next thing you know you're the only one there so, what do you do?... you look under the couch/in your fridge for all those people who were there just a minutes ago.

then you forget what you were just doing, turn to your friend and ask what you were just looking for... realize what you thought was your friend is really just a cushion on the couch.

then you go.. oh ya, I'm fucked up.. that's right.. that explains all this madness... then you forget that your fucked up again and hallucinate some more.

it's nothing at all like a psychedelic... no mental clarity what so ever, pretty much constant state of confusion and dysphoria.. you snap in and out of a waking dream like state with full blown hallucinations that are completely 100% realistic, totally different then the fractals and visual distortions of LSD and similar molecules (and not as cool as it probably sounds)

you cannot speak coherently no matter how hard you try... nor can you act like a sober, sane human being.. period... so don't go into public, cause you will most likely get arrested or put in the mental hospital.

you also cannot comprehend almost anything that is said to you by real or hallucinated people... if you can, you will completely forget what was said in about 2 seconds or less... or you will think they said something totally different and come out with a garbled inappropriate remark....

:example: sober person says "that's a nice house" you hear "why is that cat climbing on the ceiling?" so you reply "I don't know why we gotta use the green car for swimming when the bat hit the window I was like shit... wtf was I just talking about??"

or... friend says "we should go to the store, I'm hungry" you reply "I agree, lets go" and proceed to walk to the store with said friend.... on the way you meet up with a few more friends and have a good laugh.. start walking again, turn around to say goodbye and realize no one is there, including the friend who wanted to go to the store... at this point you may snap back into reality and realize you're really fucked up and should probably get back indoors ASAP.. or, you don't snap out of it and walk all around the city trying to find them again, dodging semi-transparent cougars and watching 100 little kids crashing their bikes at the same time in the middle of the road at 3 AM on a weekday... only to realize those kids aren't crashing in the middle of the road because your standing in the middle of a field.

the body load is EXTREMELY uncomfortable... as is the SEVERE dry mouth (10000 times worse than pot)

even the smallest unexpected sound will damn near give you a heart attack

If you're looking for a fun, safe, euphoric, recreational trip... stay the fuck away from datura.

If you're looking for a deep, insightful, meaningful, spiritual trip... stay the fuck away from datura.

if you want to see what it's like to be completely insane, delusional, paranoid, dysphoric, confused and extremely jumpy with a really shitty body load... datura might be your thing.

there is also the shamanic side of the use of this plant... but for most people that dabble with it... it is far, far away from their mental capabilities/discipline to sustain that kind of control for more than a few seconds while under the influence.

Graveyards are an interesting place to spend a trip.

Guest Coalbucket PI

"friend says "we should go to the store, I'm hungry" you reply "I agree, lets go" and proceed to walk to the store with said friend.... on the way you meet up with a few more friends and have a good laugh.. start walking again, turn around to say goodbye and realize no one is there, including the friend who wanted to go to the store... at this point you may snap back into reality and realize you're really fucked up and should probably get back indoors ASAP.. or, you don't snap out of it and walk all around the city trying to find them again, dodging semi-transparent cougars and watching 100 little kids crashing their bikes at the same time in the middle of the road at 3 AM on a weekday... only to realize those kids aren't crashing in the middle of the road because your standing in the middle of a field."

sounds unlikely to go well

edit: same post as Bubbha posted

Archived