IGNORED

What browser do you use?

halisray

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good to know i'm not the only one finding the newer firefox builds cpu hogs. tho i loves firefox for the wide range of plugins, i'm starting to use chrome more frequently for the above reason

-edit- oh yeah, windoze xp, haven't migrated to 7 yet because things work right now and if it aint broke dont fix it

Guest disparaissant

chrome (whatever the newest non-beta one is) on windows 7. used firefox for years but chrome makes it look like a slug and i got sick of cpu/memory hogging.

Guest Dirty Protest

Firefox for error finding and proxy. IE8 for web browsing, its just quicker than anything else ive tried =)

IE8 for web browsing, its just quicker than anything else ive tried =)

Same here. It's funny how many people rant about IE8 without having tried it. I switched to it from Firefox and Chrome, I now use neither.

SRware Iron is better than Chrome anyway...

• 8 years later...

i've been using chrome for a while and something that really pisses me of is the number of instances it runs... i mean, i have like 4 tabs open, not even a media player opened on any tab and even so there's like 15 instances running...

and now they disabled the flag setting where you could enable tabs audio muting icon... :facepalm: it was so handy... what browser do u guys use???

post-155-0-10726000-1552998906.jpg

i've been using chrome for a while and something that really pisses me of is the number of instances it runs... i mean, i have like 4 tabs open, not even a media player opened on any tab and even so there's like 15 instances running...

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

This is really common nowadays for tabbed browsers (and other similar applications). Each tab is "sandboxed" in its own process, which is more secure, and a frozen/crashed tab is less likely to crash the whole browser. Apps that do this seem to usually eat a shitload of memory though.

Also some of those processes might be background shit like the tab container, service workers, extensions, etc.

Safari because it’s convenient when using multiple iOS devices and it’s lightweight, but I’m considering switching back to Firefox for privacy and more addons. Chrome is a piece of shit that’s built by an increasingly shady company. I wouldn’t really trust any browser built using Chromium like Vivaldi either

Joyrex, do you have the ability to block anyone that tries visiting WATMM using Edge?

I could - it's fairly easy to detect a browser's user-agent string via JavaScript and throw up a message preventing access.

Then again, you can easily change your browser's user-agent string to something else...

Besides being a bad option as far as browsers go, why would I want to block Edge users?

Archived