IGNORED

lol it's so ridiculous that there is still no news

Alzado

And even when the album is released, people will be disappointed. Like, it'll have an album cover too similar to Geogaddi, or it will only have 12 tracks, or something.

perhaps they somehow managed to magically unrelease already released albums. everything's possible in the octagon world. ...or was it decatlon?

Thats a good point somebody raised about mdg. If it wasn't for him we would all think they had finished releasing music. This point is proven by a chat I had with 2 friends a few months ago, who mainly listen to decent drum and bass and electronic music. They have BoC albums but aren't die hard fans. Talking about music as you do I said I was waiting for the new BOC album and they were both under the impression they had finished making music a long time ago, I had some convincing to do. Yet all I had to convince them with, was a few low key internet rumours. At the end of the conversation I wasn't too sure either LoL.

well Boards of canada are slow but in order to avoid nervous breakdown, BoC fans should get into oneohtrix point never or Emeralds who are actually releasing 3 (great) albums a year or something. i recommend the Skyramps CD.

Thats a good point somebody raised about mdg. If it wasn't for him we would all think they had finished releasing music. This point is proven by a chat I had with 2 friends a few months ago, who mainly listen to decent drum and bass and electronic music. They have BoC albums but aren't die hard fans. Talking about music as you do I said I was waiting for the new BOC album and they were both under the impression they had finished making music a long time ago, I had some convincing to do. Yet all I had to convince them with, was a few low key internet rumours. At the end of the conversation I wasn't too sure either LoL.

Well I asked Steve Beckett in person @ warp20 and he said it will come out pretty soon and besides the band I don't know anybody who should know better

Guest AudioDile

I think part of what has some people frustrated is the promised/strongly hinted at box set of old unreleased tracks. It isn't like they even *have* to come out with new stuff to please fans - just put out what most people have 6th generation copies of in the best sound quality you have, and watch it sell like hotcakes to BoC's rabid fanbase. It's really cool if the delay is because they're such sticklers from quality, but how long does it take to find masters, hire someone to "remaster" (read: overcompress) the tracks and design your awesome box set art?

I do kind of understand how they might feel though - sometimes in life when you accomplish something amazing that is heavily lauded and loved, from that point the pressure to duplicate is so great that it quickly goes from the joy you feel at having gotten successful making something you are proud of to frustrated at the potential loss of control and rising expectations.

Most of us probably didn't know about them until Music, and when Geogaddi came out it blew everyone's mind. Campfire was widely (and perhaps somewhat unfairly) regarded as a slight letdown, but if it had been released by anyone else I'm guessing it would have been a great achievement. BoC aren't bowing to anyone's whims but their own, and the pressure if anything has probably made them even more defiant. They already know if they create something great again, all will be forgiven no matter when it comes out, so long as people are alive to hear it. And if they never did, would we REALLY sell and get rid of our collections out of sheer frustration?

I guess these are the same people that cut their ex's faces out of old photos after they break up. Personally I try to remember the good and cherish it, life is too short to do otherwise.

i dont have any problems with them being really slow as long as the records are good.

but maybe those silent years may be amplified by the current state of the recording industry : many bands are puting out records via their own label or via digital format & put out more records than before. just take Alva noto (raster noton), Pita (Emego), Gas (Kompakt), Sunno))) (southern lord)& even Cylob (his digital trax). well that's just a thought.

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: 5. - Complete!

If you feel the reason for closing was incorrect, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it. Kind regards, We Are The Music Makers Forums Staff

Archived