IGNORED

Chris Cunningham

Guest dese manz hatin

Guest dese manz hatin

I didn't even know this guy plays DJ sets as well until about one minute ago. What is he like? He's scheduled at a festival on saturday...I need to decide wether to give him a chance or rather go see Tiefschwarz

who gives a shit about dj sets make a film already

No shit huh? Cunningham totally needs to make some kind of dark quirky visual full length feature... I'd watch the hell out of it

Guest ansgaria

For all I know he was working on a feature film for Warp before he chose to part ways with them. Fuck.

Guest dese manz hatin

He did a very good show actually for those who care....played the main stage and the selection was made of lots of noisy, dirty techno and other , such as elephant song :aphexsign: which i thought was brilliant and the visuals were outstanding of course. He also did a chopped up (or whatever) version of afx237.

There were also quite a few really surreal experiences as i nodded of for a second or so two or three times only to wake up to have three screens of women scream into my face. I was lolling really hard during the rest of the time though because you could oberve how amazingly terrified the people were (AE wouldn't have gotten as strange a reaction).

Guest viscosity

that's awesome, wish I could catch a show but doubtful he would ever come to the us, unless he has i dunno

i'm reminiscing mortal kombat with that elephant song visual. toasty

Guest Greg Reason

Speaking of multimedia shows, definitely definitely go see Peter Greenaway if ever you find yourself in so fortunate a position as to have the opportunity!!!!

Guest dese manz hatin

yeah right...well i'm pretty sure it was chopped and not the original but i could be wrong.... i was drunk

the video scenes were arranged differently too but that probably doent mean much

Saw him past weekend at Dour. I was drunk and drugged too but the Rubber Johnny track and vid were definitely chopped up. Great show, loved the intensity of those beating up sequences.

Did anyone ever see the Flex installation when that was up and active? I know it shows a clip of it on the rubber Johnny DVD, seems like it'd be interesting in entireity

Yeah saw him play here in brighton a few months ago. Was amazing.

Cant remember all the set list, was some crazy Aphexy style dark thing at the start. Flex over elephant song, very mashed window licker, Rubber johnny pulled about a fair bit, and a few other odds n ends.

if anything i'd say it was a bit sparse on content, some ideas really got dragged out, Rubber Johnny seemed to be going for about 10 mins, but everything looks spectacular, and sounded awesome if a tad scrappy from time to time.

Well worth checking out tho, but its no feature length film for sure =/ Whatever happened to Neuromancer????

I saw him live in Manchester few months ago, some awesome cut ups of his music video into something different, also has a new "music video" tagged onto the end of the show, The show was pretty dam short, around about 70 mins. Left you wanting more.

Apparently he has been spotted in London with a HDDV cam, so maybe some new stuff is on the way.

He is also meant to be making a feature film with his own production company, staring Samantha Morton, so i read

Yeah definitely, saw him at Dour too, very cool show! I still wonder what that last video/track was though. He played it on the Melt festival too I see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft2lVocfphc

It's a remix of New York Is Killing Me by Gill Scott-Heron. The original has a very different mood though and the bonus disk of the album doesn't have the remix. I hope that video and remix get released.

Archived