IGNORED

racism

vamos scorcho

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AcrossCanyons

a black man at least 6'2(+) told me it was okay to call him a nigger once. in the middle of the street at about 6am. i felt very empowered.

Guest Ricky Downtown

god damn i just finished typing this whole thing out then accidentally hit the back button...fuck here goes again:

about a week ago my brother said the n word in the presence of me, my white friend, and his black gf. it was directed towards me ("what's up, nig?") and he didn't realize that there was a black person in the room at the time. my brother is 16 years old and thinks it is hilarious to shout things like "niggerpussy" at other players on the xbox. so when he realized what had happened, he didn't apologize, only laughed. i don't think he realizes that most (am i correct here?) people still find the n word offensive (i still do). well they were understandably upset but didn't say anything, just left the house and i was extremely embarrassed.

the next morning i made that little fucker call her and apologize, and i apologized as well. she and i are still fairly close friends. but her boyfriend is still upset with me and not my brother, which i cannot explain. i tried calling him about 6 or 7 times, and he never picked up the phone. when i saw him in person two nights ago and asked to speak with him in private, his response was in essence: "i can't talk to you in private because i can't be alone with a gay person" (i'm bisexual)

i know he's joking but i still take offense at shit like that..i can remember him telling me after i hooked up with a friend "you gotta get that taste off your breath".

maybe i won't get sympathy here but thought i'd put it out there

Guest cuntainer

i think that people are a product of their environment, and every experience they've had, i do hate a lot of people, but i'm a bit of a cunt, but like

in australia, there's a lot of racism directed at aboriginals, and there's lots of reasons people will give on why they are "fucked", and from personal experience, when i was around 14, i was at a little concert in my home town, and i was left on my own for a small period of time, and in that time, a group of aboriginal males came up to me, the leader looked at least 4 years older, and the others (maybe there were half a dozen) all looked maybe a year or two older then me, they told me to hand over my wallet and money, or they would beat me up, and if i tried to run they would catch me and beat me up,

being the stubborn cunt that i am, i was slowly backing away, but i realised they were cutting me off from the crowd of people, so at one point i started to sprint away, and it was pretty fucked cause i had to slowly curve around so i could start running in the right direction, towards the crowd and the security, and i could feel them catching up, especially since i had to get closer to them to change my direction.

but, i got away safely, luckily i've always been pretty athletic.

i have had many other experiences with friends or by myself or what ever, where they'll try to start a fight, say something to get a reaction so they can start fights, blah blah, and from all that, i could go and hate them all, oh and another time when i was 11, in school we were playing table tennis, and i won a game against a peer who was aboriginal, and he got pissed off that i won so he threw the bat at me and it cut me just above my eye on my eyelid and i had to get stitches...

but yeah i could hate them all, but you gotta look at how they're brought up, how they've been looked at by society, blah blah blah, and if white people grew up in the same environment as them, they'd be just the same, and many white people are just the same.

i can see it being the same for african americans in america, they are a product of their experiences, like everyone else, and is it their fault that they have a higher probability of ending up in jail?

or is it the fault of society and how society treats not only african americans, but also people that are in the lower socio-economic classes?

do you think people would have to steal food for their families if they didn't get fucked over by the recession? which was caused by heartless big business cunts?

who's fault is it that the world is a fucking hell hole?

my vote goes to rich greedy cunts.

if i'm out at night and i see a group of aboriginals, yeah i'm gonna be cautious of them from past experiences, some people might call that racism, but what ever. i do my best to not be prejudice in terms of race and colour, religion is another story, fuck christians and shit, go fucking die.

Ricky, that sucks about your brother. And vamos, your OP makes you seem like a piece of shit.

Fuck racial hatred in even its most "benign" form.

i am writing a lot because this is important to me. i want everyone to be good to one another, and for petty differences to be overlooked. i know watmm boarders think "vamos" is pretentious, stupid, childish, etc. but deep down i only want to be a good person and to contribute to the board. most of the time, at least. so what if i write this much text to a group of strangers? i want to communicate. there will always be negative influences. i am a fucking retard and i should be in a donkey village with other retarded donkeys, they will fuck me slowly and i will gasp for air as the farmer burns his initials into my ass. :aphexsign:

i think the internet may be a dead end for non-friend person to person interaction - though it is a seemingly great way to spread information.

i don't really think the n word is funny. and i don't think black people are funny as a generalization. in fact, i see no difference between black and white and chinese and indian and mexican (the big 5?) other than cultural sort of things and appearance. . . which is a whole different ballpark of discussion, really. i want the best for all living creatures, truly. if i could solve all of our problems and aggresions i would in an instant, i wish i could. but i also am a naughty fucker and i enjoy challenging the preconceived notions of those around me, if only for the chaos. (maybe this is immaturity - i might get past it to some degree, but i will always hold on to it with all my being. it is important not to forget that side of me, i believe).

i have joked about the word, "nigga." it's in shitloads of rap songs. i like rap. i like gangsta rap. i like hip hop. i like black people. i like all people. any "fad" or "cultural phenomenon" that i think is "cool" i will follow to some degree.

so i like to say "nigga" to my friends. for the record my best friends are white, arab, arab, indian, russian, and etc. i know several black people. i like them all, personally, and i dislike----there is no fucking difference to me.

i explain this only to show those reading this thread my benign nature, i was just kidding, and i do think that people need to loosen up about "bad racial terms" like nigger.

nigger.

nigger.

just let it go. "i" think lots of "black people" get a little too serious about this - thus Ricky Downtown's ... retarded story about the couple that came to his house. His brother was joking around, and the couple acted like a bunch of uptight shitheads. Fuck that girl. Fuck her. FUCK her. (but not really, i'm sure she's nice. fuck the ideas she mistakenly follows...or something. no problem.) Nigger is no different from the word "Fuck" (apart from the definition, it is just another naughty word that ... ok forget it, this is more complicated than i thought, but we should see think about it, and more people should. i don't think it's an attractive word at all, but i also think there is more to it than offensiveness!) Let it go. chill out. i don't point the finger at black people for their anger about the word, but the sooner "non racist folk" can hang out, color to color, and say the word without problem, and realize it is meaningless, and that we are all friends, the sooner we can all be on the same page. The responsibility is in the hands of the "victims." No joke. Strip the word of its meaning!

pleaaase.

anyway, any questions about my IRL personality and traits of my persona can be asked if need be.

for the record i am somewhat racist against all people different from me, but that is all humans. i like to be honest though, when i can without hurting others. for education, and for the general well being. so yeah, i'm trying to relax about this. i was trolling a bit in the first posts.

also i am fucking stupid

Guest Babar

Arab guilty of rape after consensual sex with Jew

A Palestinian man has been convicted of rape after having consensual sex with a woman who had believed him to be a fellow Jew.

My link

Arab guilty of rape after consensual sex with Jew

A Palestinian man has been convicted of rape after having consensual sex with a woman who had believed him to be a fellow Jew.

My link

:facepalm:

Guest the anonymous forumite

On the same topic, as long as we're gonna go around pretending we're all the same we're fucked. black people are not the same as white people and not the same as any other kinds of peoples. And it's only natural you like some better than others and indeed experience can teach you that you go along better with some than others. You should respect other races imo, but you don't have to like them. If any black person tells me anytime he doesn't like whities because of this and that I won't be offended, as long as he tries to explain himself.

lol

lol what modafaka?

Your comment started decently, I agree, let's not accept a priori that we're all the same, politically correct bullshit. However, the statement "you should respect other races but you don't have to like them" is what makes racism so silly. I acknowledge that we all may be racist to a certain level, but once you are capable of discernment and/or have some level of intelligence, you can't accept rationally that every individual of a group (race) is X because of their race, it just cannot be true, specially when individuals from that race come from so many different cultural backgrounds. It cannot be true on a pragmatic level. A black American cant be the same as a black man from, say, Congo or Brazil. A black man that works in a bank or in a government won't be the same as your ghetto black man. You just can't reduce every individual from a group to its race and make general statements about them. I really cannot say that all black men are lazy, drug dealers or any feature you would attribute.

Racism is an irrational fear, mostly received from media and culture.

I loled to your comment because you say you have to respect a race but do not have to like them. What does it mean ? You should not be racist but you should ? Lol. Major contradiction here.

As poorly constructed and longwinded as vamos' post is, I completely agree with him. Unless it's obviously released with the context of angry racial prejudice, the word nigger means seemingly whatever you want it to in America, and it's all about how you say it. Most people I know, whatever color, will at least occasionally use "nigga" basically as a synonym for "guy", as in "that nigga" "my nigga" "these niggas" and nobody really takes offense about it.

I may be white, I may never know what it's like to have that word used in that way towards me, but as a human being I'm glad that all the words like that are losing their original context and with it their punch. & it makes me even happier that we can laugh at them. If they're used like that, with a context that isn't of hatred and racism, what is the point in being offended? Why let any word used in a friendly context have that kind of influence on you, just because of some irrelevent history it has? It no longer means what it used to mean.

On the same topic, as long as we're gonna go around pretending we're all the same we're fucked. black people are not the same as white people and not the same as any other kinds of peoples. And it's only natural you like some better than others and indeed experience can teach you that you go along better with some than others. You should respect other races imo, but you don't have to like them. If any black person tells me anytime he doesn't like whities because of this and that I won't be offended, as long as he tries to explain himself.

lol

lol what modafaka?

Your comment started decently, I agree, let's not accept a priori that we're all the same, politically correct bullshit. However, the statement "you should respect other races but you don't have to like them" is what makes racism so silly. I acknowledge that we all may be racist to a certain level, but once you are capable of discernment and/or have some level of intelligence, you can't accept rationally that every individual of a group (race) is X because of their race, it just cannot be true, specially when individuals from that race come from so many different cultural backgrounds. It cannot be true on a pragmatic level. A black American cant be the same as a black man from, say, Congo or Brazil. A black man that works in a bank or in a government won't be the same as your ghetto black man. You just can't reduce every individual from a group to its race and make general statements about them. I really cannot say that all black men are lazy, drug dealers or any feature you would attribute.

I loled to your comment because you say you have to respect a race but do not have to like them. What does it mean ? You should not be racist but you should ? Lol. Major contradiction here.

I'm talking about the internal struggle between what you generally (philosophically) believe in and what your emotions or experiences tell you. Between respecting and liking there's a gap, isn't it? As I said before with spiders, people should respect them for what they are and do, they can't help having 8 legs. But you still don't have to like them. Or Christians. Since I dropped out of Church I never liked it a a whole. But I can respect people's decisions and beliefs that make them, say, go to church every sunday.

lol

lol what modafaka?

I'm talking about the internal struggle between what you generally (philosophically) believe in and what your emotions or experiences tell you. Between respecting and liking there's a gap, isn't it? As I said before with spiders, people should respect them for what they are and do, they can't help having 8 legs. But you still don't have to like them. Or Christians. Since I dropped out of Church I never liked it a a whole. But I can respect people's decisions and beliefs that make them, say, go to church every sunday.

On whatever level you may be talking about, what you said seems silly to me (no offense meant). Beliefs and decisions are one thing, it's cultural, making a general comment meant to be absolute about a race is racist (meaning you discriminating genetically and not culturally). There's a mix up here. Not liking Christians does not make you racist, becuase it's an organized belief system. Black race is not an organized belief system, that's what racists get wrong. And you're not liking such and such race not because they have 8 legs, but because of some attitudes (they steal, they rape my family, etc...) you think they can't help but have, as if such attitudes were genetic.

What if you just don't like some race because of how it looks?

Look, I got this feeling (a few times in this thread and many more times before) that people want to believe everyone is so damn equal and ok, that they make themselves forget how they really feel about it all. You know, just feel, without the political correctness.

I also hardly believe that most black people don't have grudges or worse things against us, whities. Of course it's only proper, and if I were black I'd probably detest at least half of every whitie's ass for all the past crimes against black people. Too bad these things can't be talked about since everyone get's tense and nervous whenever the topic comes up.

What about using your goddamned rational mind to understand that your experiences with "those people" cannot possibly represent what all experiences with "those people" could be like.

For example: i have no experience with Slovenian people except you. Am I to believe you are all a bunch of racist inbreds who can draw well? Or should I perhaps rationalize based on my experiences with other humans that not everyone in a particular social system is the same?

I also hardly believe that most black people don't have grudges or worse things against us, whities. Of course it's only proper, and if I were black I'd probably detest at least half of every whitie's ass for all the past crimes against black people. Too bad these things can't be talked about since everyone get's tense and nervous whenever the topic comes up.

What's your logic, bro ? They are racist so I can be racist ?

Racist this, racist that. Some aspects of any race will always be ok, some maybe ok, and some might not be ok, with some people. It can be small details but enough to make one a bit skeptical. Also I'm on the nervous side yes, and I do tend to generalize, but I still try to be fair about everything. BUT. If a person is not allowed to speak his mind, especially if he's articulating it and explaining where he stands, then democracy fails utterly. Just that really.

Guest Lube Saibot

i am writing a lot because this is important to me. i want everyone to be good to one another, and for petty differences to be overlooked. i know watmm boarders think "vamos" is pretentious, stupid, childish, etc. but deep down i only want to be a good person and to contribute to the board. most of the time, at least. so what if i write this much text to a group of strangers? i want to communicate. there will always be negative influences. i am a fucking retard and i should be in a donkey village with other retarded donkeys, they will fuck me slowly and i will gasp for air as the farmer burns his initials into my ass. :aphexsign:

i think the internet may be a dead end for non-friend person to person interaction - though it is a seemingly great way to spread information.

i don't really think the n word is funny. and i don't think black people are funny as a generalization. in fact, i see no difference between black and white and chinese and indian and mexican (the big 5?) other than cultural sort of things and appearance. . . which is a whole different ballpark of discussion, really. i want the best for all living creatures, truly. if i could solve all of our problems and aggresions i would in an instant, i wish i could. but i also am a naughty fucker and i enjoy challenging the preconceived notions of those around me, if only for the chaos. (maybe this is immaturity - i might get past it to some degree, but i will always hold on to it with all my being. it is important not to forget that side of me, i believe).

i have joked about the word, "nigga." it's in shitloads of rap songs. i like rap. i like gangsta rap. i like hip hop. i like black people. i like all people. any "fad" or "cultural phenomenon" that i think is "cool" i will follow to some degree.

so i like to say "nigga" to my friends. for the record my best friends are white, arab, arab, indian, russian, and etc. i know several black people. i like them all, personally, and i dislike----there is no fucking difference to me.

i explain this only to show those reading this thread my benign nature, i was just kidding, and i do think that people need to loosen up about "bad racial terms" like nigger.

nigger.

nigger.

just let it go. "i" think lots of "black people" get a little too serious about this - thus Ricky Downtown's ... retarded story about the couple that came to his house. His brother was joking around, and the couple acted like a bunch of uptight shitheads. Fuck that girl. Fuck her. FUCK her. (but not really, i'm sure she's nice. fuck the ideas she mistakenly follows...or something. no problem.) Nigger is no different from the word "Fuck" (apart from the definition, it is just another naughty word that ... ok forget it, this is more complicated than i thought, but we should see think about it, and more people should. i don't think it's an attractive word at all, but i also think there is more to it than offensiveness!) Let it go. chill out. i don't point the finger at black people for their anger about the word, but the sooner "non racist folk" can hang out, color to color, and say the word without problem, and realize it is meaningless, and that we are all friends, the sooner we can all be on the same page. The responsibility is in the hands of the "victims." No joke. Strip the word of its meaning!

pleaaase.

anyway, any questions about my IRL personality and traits of my persona can be asked if need be.

for the record i am somewhat racist against all people different from me, but that is all humans. i like to be honest though, when i can without hurting others. for education, and for the general well being. so yeah, i'm trying to relax about this. i was trolling a bit in the first posts.

also i am fucking stupid

Vamos needs to realize that his drug-induced dissociation of phonetic constructs from their lexical definition is not a trait shared by fellow watmmers. Even if you say "applesauce" long enough it starts to not sound like anything. If you're also on antidepressants and 5 clashing or interacting recreational drugs at the same time it might probably start to sound like nothing at all and them some. Same goes for the "n word".

Also, note how vamos' posts lately have begun to reach sinicalypse-like clusterfuck proportions.

Well done on your "rehab" fella. I'm guessing you're going to go "teetotalling" next inside a brewery or something right?

Sorry to bring school-yard terms into this but at this point you're nothing more than a fucking loser.

OD already please.

We're only asking you to do that. You provided arguments, we provided counter-arguements.

Let's be specific gaarg, we're in a democracy, what is it that you find that all or most black people have ?

Edited by the anonymous forumite

Thicker lips, ability to walk very smoothly, dark skin, a lot are said to have great athletic capabilities and I believe they sound a bit different from white folks. Best stand up comedians ever too. I only know black people from tv, since there are only a few in Slovenia.

I only know black people from tv, since there are only a few in Slovenia.

All explained. Discussion ends here.

edit: I knew this thread would produce golden moments like that.

Edited by the anonymous forumite