IGNORED

racism

vamos scorcho

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only know black people from tv, since there are only a few in Slovenia.

All explained. Discussion ends here.

edit: I knew this thread would produce golden moments like that.

No black people here, but there are minorities giving us a lot of trouble, that we can turn racist. I also said I liked black people, I don't know them personally so it's a very limited experience but as from videos I've seen, they might seem a bit cooler than white folks. See what I did there?

Guest disparaissant

i am writing a lot because this is important to me. i want everyone to be good to one another, and for petty differences to be overlooked. i know watmm boarders think "vamos" is pretentious, stupid, childish, etc. but deep down i only want to be a good person and to contribute to the board. most of the time, at least. so what if i write this much text to a group of strangers? i want to communicate. there will always be negative influences. i am a fucking retard and i should be in a donkey village with other retarded donkeys, they will fuck me slowly and i will gasp for air as the farmer burns his initials into my ass. :aphexsign:

i think the internet may be a dead end for non-friend person to person interaction - though it is a seemingly great way to spread information.

i don't really think the n word is funny. and i don't think black people are funny as a generalization. in fact, i see no difference between black and white and chinese and indian and mexican (the big 5?) other than cultural sort of things and appearance. . . which is a whole different ballpark of discussion, really. i want the best for all living creatures, truly. if i could solve all of our problems and aggresions i would in an instant, i wish i could. but i also am a naughty fucker and i enjoy challenging the preconceived notions of those around me, if only for the chaos. (maybe this is immaturity - i might get past it to some degree, but i will always hold on to it with all my being. it is important not to forget that side of me, i believe).

i have joked about the word, "nigga." it's in shitloads of rap songs. i like rap. i like gangsta rap. i like hip hop. i like black people. i like all people. any "fad" or "cultural phenomenon" that i think is "cool" i will follow to some degree.

so i like to say "nigga" to my friends. for the record my best friends are white, arab, arab, indian, russian, and etc. i know several black people. i like them all, personally, and i dislike----there is no fucking difference to me.

i explain this only to show those reading this thread my benign nature, i was just kidding, and i do think that people need to loosen up about "bad racial terms" like nigger.

nigger.

nigger.

just let it go. "i" think lots of "black people" get a little too serious about this - thus Ricky Downtown's ... retarded story about the couple that came to his house. His brother was joking around, and the couple acted like a bunch of uptight shitheads. Fuck that girl. Fuck her. FUCK her. (but not really, i'm sure she's nice. fuck the ideas she mistakenly follows...or something. no problem.) Nigger is no different from the word "Fuck" (apart from the definition, it is just another naughty word that ... ok forget it, this is more complicated than i thought, but we should see think about it, and more people should. i don't think it's an attractive word at all, but i also think there is more to it than offensiveness!) Let it go. chill out. i don't point the finger at black people for their anger about the word, but the sooner "non racist folk" can hang out, color to color, and say the word without problem, and realize it is meaningless, and that we are all friends, the sooner we can all be on the same page. The responsibility is in the hands of the "victims." No joke. Strip the word of its meaning!

pleaaase.

anyway, any questions about my IRL personality and traits of my persona can be asked if need be.

for the record i am somewhat racist against all people different from me, but that is all humans. i like to be honest though, when i can without hurting others. for education, and for the general well being. so yeah, i'm trying to relax about this. i was trolling a bit in the first posts.

also i am fucking stupid

Vamos needs to realize that his drug-induced dissociation of phonetic constructs from their lexical definition is not a trait shared by fellow watmmers. Even if you say "applesauce" long enough it starts to not sound like anything. If you're also on antidepressants and 5 clashing or interacting recreational drugs at the same time it might probably start to sound like nothing at all and them some. Same goes for the "n word".

Also, note how vamos' posts lately have begun to reach sinicalypse-like clusterfuck proportions.

Well done on your "rehab" fella. I'm guessing you're going to go "teetotalling" next inside a brewery or something right?

Sorry to bring school-yard terms into this but at this point you're nothing more than a fucking loser.

OD already please.

jesus christ i was starting to think i was the only one who thought this. admittedly, i'm not as mean about it (don't OD, just, you know, go to ACTUAL REHAB, not "i'm drunk and that chick was freaked out by me so im gonna stop doing drugs. after i slam this bottle of cough syrup.") but jesus fucking christ.

vamos, do you realize how pathetic you are? like, at all? your posts make me crings. i am embarassed for you and i do not even know you. get some help, man. seriously.

Vamos is right about the disarming of "sensitive words" after all. Taking the word from them and using it yourself is the best thing you can do about the haters who brought it up. I honestly hope a couple years from now, everyone will be able to call anyone a nigger, meaning nothing else than guy/girl. Actually I thought the "n-word" wasn't all that sensitive anymore anyways.

So the apology to the friend's black gf really was pretty pointless imo. The whole awkwardness surrounding the situation ... why? she's black, it's no disability. Apologizing for that is acting as if he pointed the finger at her and said something like "Ha-ha, you have no legs" or whatever ... :mellow: But as far as I can tell, he meant no harm. In fact he didn't even notice there was a black person around who might be senstitive to the word, which is the least racist you can get. Remember the South Park episode with the flag? That was just spot on. Of course when some raging shotgun-swinging hillbilly calls a black person a nigger, the term's not being used neutrally. But the only thing it implies is that he is a racist fuck who thinks he's somehow genetically superior. It's not the word by itself that does the damage. The word itself can be rendered completely harmless, as can pretty much any insult. Racists will never vanish completely as it's not possible, but I think there's gonna be less and less of them around in the future. And the worst you could do is to empower the remaining ones and let them keep their ability to make us all go hyper-awkward by just using a word, or just when we hear that word. No?

so much fail.

and yet:

Thicker lips, ability to walk very smoothly, dark skin, a lot are said to have great athletic capabilities and I believe they sound a bit different from white folks. Best stand up comedians ever too. I only know black people from tv, since there are only a few in Slovenia.

So much win.

My friends who veer towards the right-wing are generally a) never left their little village, or b) have some sort of internal bitterness with themselves.

That's generally the trait.

On the other hand I have massive blow-ups with so called left-wing anarchists, just because I don't concur to there ideas, and anything slightly patriotic is a sin. Which I won't stand for.

Best neighbours I have ever had have been Kenyan (though of Indian descent) and West-Indian. The worst? Yeah you guessed it, white English!

I don't understand how somebody from Slovenia who has hardly ever met a black person has all these ingrained opinions on black people. LoL.

Edited by beerwolf

i think the problem with people today is they are too easily offended. see lube saibot and disparesant post. they are both a little bit tense because they are not very worthwhile and haven't gotten laid for a while? i think they need to relax, but if that makes them happy, i guess it's ok.

first of all though you guys need to take a chill pill and stop projecting yourselves all over everyone because i think you're just paranoid and a little bit stupid actually. sorry!

There is racism on the left wing also. Because racism is irrational.

Yep. The further you go round to the left, sooner you will pop out on the right.

When the BNP and Anti-Fascist League get into the ruck, it all looks the same to me.

Edited by beerwolf

Guest iamabe

Vamos -

1. stop with the public self loathing.

2. punctuation.

3. make normal posts.

4. here, have some penises: 8====D 8=====D----------o :music::nacmat:

Guest disparaissant

i think the problem with people today is they are too easily offended. see lube saibot and disparesant post. they are both a little bit tense because they are not very worthwhile and haven't gotten laid for a while? i think they need to relax, but if that makes them happy, i guess it's ok.

first of all though you guys need to take a chill pill and stop projecting yourselves all over everyone because i think you're just paranoid and a little bit stupid actually. sorry!

ahaha, that sentence before the "sorry!" has me crackin up.

and i'm not offended. like i said, i'm embarrassed for you. it was kind of funny, at first. now it's just more and more apparent that you're completely off your rocker and no one in your life cares enough to notice.

get some help, already.

Edited by disparaissant

god damn i just finished typing this whole thing out then accidentally hit the back button...fuck here goes again:

about a week ago my brother said the n word in the presence of me, my white friend, and his black gf. it was directed towards me ("what's up, nig?") and he didn't realize that there was a black person in the room at the time. my brother is 16 years old and thinks it is hilarious to shout things like "niggerpussy" at other players on the xbox. so when he realized what had happened, he didn't apologize, only laughed. i don't think he realizes that most (am i correct here?) people still find the n word offensive (i still do). well they were understandably upset but didn't say anything, just left the house and i was extremely embarrassed.

the next morning i made that little fucker call her and apologize, and i apologized as well. she and i are still fairly close friends. but her boyfriend is still upset with me and not my brother, which i cannot explain. i tried calling him about 6 or 7 times, and he never picked up the phone. when i saw him in person two nights ago and asked to speak with him in private, his response was in essence: "i can't talk to you in private because i can't be alone with a gay person" (i'm bisexual)

i know he's joking but i still take offense at shit like that..i can remember him telling me after i hooked up with a friend "you gotta get that taste off your breath".

maybe i won't get sympathy here but thought i'd put it out there

yeah, see, your buddy is a hypocrite and an asshole. he says comments like that in order to make you feel ashamed about the way you were born. your little brother is just immature. his use of the word nigger was not to marginalize, it was slang. who's really the bad person in this bunch? who is really the bigot here? it's really not fair.

:crazy:

a white guy called me a "true nigra" recently

not sure if i'm being marginalized

edit: for the record: i'm english

Edited by luke viia

god damn i just finished typing this whole thing out then accidentally hit the back button...fuck here goes again:

about a week ago my brother said the n word in the presence of me, my white friend, and his black gf. it was directed towards me ("what's up, nig?") and he didn't realize that there was a black person in the room at the time. my brother is 16 years old and thinks it is hilarious to shout things like "niggerpussy" at other players on the xbox. so when he realized what had happened, he didn't apologize, only laughed. i don't think he realizes that most (am i correct here?) people still find the n word offensive (i still do). well they were understandably upset but didn't say anything, just left the house and i was extremely embarrassed.

the next morning i made that little fucker call her and apologize, and i apologized as well. she and i are still fairly close friends. but her boyfriend is still upset with me and not my brother, which i cannot explain. i tried calling him about 6 or 7 times, and he never picked up the phone. when i saw him in person two nights ago and asked to speak with him in private, his response was in essence: "i can't talk to you in private because i can't be alone with a gay person" (i'm bisexual)

i know he's joking but i still take offense at shit like that..i can remember him telling me after i hooked up with a friend "you gotta get that taste off your breath".

yeah, see, your buddy is a hypocrite and an asshole. he says comments like that in order to make you feel ashamed about the way you were born. your little brother is just immature. his use of the word nigger was not to marginalize, it was slang. who's really the bad person in this bunch? who is really the bigot here? it's really not fair.

Words have meaning - if they didn't they would be useless. This word has a particular meaning, which implies that the person it is directed toward is sub-human. Ignorance of the meaning of the word is acceptable - once. To be frank, it's pretty hard to see how a person in America cold not know of the meaning of this word.

Words have meaning - if they didn't they would be useless. This word has a particular meaning, which implies that the person it is directed toward is sub-human. Ignorance of the meaning of the word is acceptable - once. To be frank, it's pretty hard to see how a person in America cold not know of the meaning of this word.

the context is important. in this context, nigga meant "bro" or "dude," something like that. it wasn't meant to be offensive, so it shouldn't have been taken as such.

Context is important of course. Here's some context - ricky's little bro has never had the word "nigger" thrown at him as a epitaph insinuating that he is a worthless piece of crack-smoking shit. He's never been denied a job cause he's a nigger. He's never been spat on cause he's a nigger.

people are always on about how "oh them darkies should just man up and forgive and forget". Fine. How about we stop reminding of it then?

ahaha, that sentence before the "sorry!" has me crackin up.

and i'm not offended. like i said, i'm embarrassed for you. it was kind of funny, at first. now it's just more and more apparent that you're completely off your rocker and no one in your life cares enough to notice.

get some help, already.

i will not allow you the last word.

but i forgive you for being the way you are. also i too am sorry for driving you to that state with my message board posts.

just joking around, almost completely - but if i was to give you advice i would say choose positivity, not negativity.

Context is important of course. Here's some context - ricky's little bro has never had the word "nigger" thrown at him as a epitaph insinuating that he is a worthless piece of crack-smoking shit. He's never been denied a job cause he's a nigger. He's never been spat on cause he's a nigger.

people are always on about how "oh them darkies should just man up and forgive and forget". Fine. How about we stop reminding of it then?

lol? Sorry couldn't help myself. Love you chen.

(epithet)

Guest Enter a new display name

How do I delete the part of my brain that remembers me meeting vamos scorcho IRL?

why are you guys shitting all over vamos? All watmm threads seem to be becoming depressingly self-important these days. You have the babby thread becoming an argument about population growth. Luke's thread becoming about depressed/crazy women and hpv. And this thread turning into vamos bashing and a woefully serious discussion of the true nature of racism. C'mon, where's the watmmagic? :sorcerer: