IGNORED

racism

vamos scorcho

Guest Lube Saibot

i think the problem with people today is they are too easily offended. see lube saibot and disparesant post. they are both a little bit tense because they are not very worthwhile and haven't gotten laid for a while? i think they need to relax, but if that makes them happy, i guess it's ok.

first of all though you guys need to take a chill pill and stop projecting yourselves all over everyone because i think you're just paranoid and a little bit stupid actually. sorry!

ahaha, that sentence before the "sorry!" has me crackin up.

and i'm not offended. like i said, i'm embarrassed for you. it was kind of funny, at first. now it's just more and more apparent that you're completely off your rocker and no one in your life cares enough to notice.

get some help, already.

i will not allow you the last word.

but i forgive you for being the way you are. also i too am sorry for driving you to that state with my message board posts.

just joking around, almost completely - but if i was to give you advice i would say choose positivity, not negativity.

Calling disparaissant stupid, one of the few newer members with, even at highest trolling intensity, marginally cerebral posts, while being vamos scorcho, is seriously infuriating.

It's quite ironic you telling anyone to "get laid". When's the last time you fucked something that wasn't your hand and didn't have liver spots on it? I mean you've actually had a couple of posts going around detailing how your encounters with women are basically drug-addled fantasy hallucinations of human interaction confined to your imagination while IRL you stare creepily at the chicks and they laugh are tell you to piss off, which you register as SUCCESSES. "i have the eye of the beast, women react to me, more vamos bullshit etc". Going afterwards telling people who've been around here at least as long as you have to "get laid" is like weed telling someone to "get their life together". Which, by the way, has become NOT COMPLETELY UNFATHOMABLE since you've been around, since weed could seriously be a positive influence to shitstains like you.

Why don't you listen to the fifth album of random noise you've done this week and try to see if it's possible to OD on em jay jay? Think of how heroically you would die and what a rockstar you would become posthumously to the legions of retards with similar mindsets to you. If not, i heard drain cleaner gives you a GNARLY TUBULAR HIGH MAN. You could try that, it could be a SELF-EXPLORATORY UNDERTAKING, YOU FUCKING ONEIRONAUT YOU.

Lube out.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

enter, i was joking by the way. but if you were not i am hurt.

i actually don't think this thread is funny anymore. i was just kidding around for the most part. i just want to go back to the good old days before i made threads.

fuck. i enjoyed that post, lube. friends forever. i think i should change screen names and start over now because i have soiled this one.

but i want you guys to know, if i do change screen names, i had a really good run as vamos. there were ups and downs. and there will be controversy soon on the boards.

i am glad to see this screen name go. it carries the burden of "vamos."

Guest Enter a new display name

you're dead to me

enter, i was joking by the way. but if you were not i am hurt.

I was joking too. You became a troll after we met, and I enjoyed our precious moments outside of the internet's bounds.

Edited by Enter a new display name

Guest abusivegeorge

:facepalm:

why are you guys shitting all over vamos? All watmm threads seem to be becoming depressingly self-important these days. You have the babby thread becoming an argument about population growth. Luke's thread becoming about depressed/crazy women and hpv. And this thread turning into vamos bashing and a woefully serious discussion of the true nature of racism. C'mon, where's the watmmagic? :sorcerer:

I've probably missed you the most.

Then maybe OneToThirtySix

Guest sirch

just remember - George Bush Hates Black People

George Bush is a Cunt. (i'll be dead this time tomorrow)

just remember - George Bush Hates Black People

George Bush is a Cunt. (i'll be dead this time tomorrow)

hey now hey now....don't besmirch the cunt by conflating that evil blood sucker with it. Cunts are beautiful.

Guest Babar

Because racism is irrational.

I don't think racism is something irrational. IMO racism is something highly functional, just as any cognitive process that builds an ontology out of the subject's experiences. I mean, it's easier to build robots that kill everyone than robots that kill only a specific, targeted population.

Eskimos or amazonians have a wide range of words for naming the colors white, or green. It's pretty much the same thing with racism. Ethiopians distinguish blacks, grays, reds, browns although for us they would all be deemed as blacks. To me racism is just another way of discriminating things from each other, alongside the creation of nicknames. I'm 1.90 high, and i've always been called the dry guy, or the asparagus. It's normal, that's why specifies me the most on the first look and I don't think it's especially meant to hurt feellings.

Now you've xenophobia, which just is a kind of phobia. We've mentioned snakes and spiders but I don't think it is on the same level. Spiders and snakes ? These shits have been around for so many years and are so fucking poisonous and deathly that a fear of them must have been hard coded in our brain when we were still chipmunks.

But still, racism/xenophobia is just a way for our system to identify and tag a threat so that next time you are in front of it you can avoid or act against it. If you get attacked in copenhaguen by a bunch of eskimos what would you think ? Eventhough there isn't any prejudice against eskimos to get inspiration from, you'll probably think that eskimos are fucking cunts. And it's not only related to the colour of the skin or the ethnicity, it's about anything that can be noteworthy. Chavs, for example, are discriminated on the basis of their clothing.

Context is important of course. Here's some context - ricky's little bro has never had the word "nigger" thrown at him as a epitaph insinuating that he is a worthless piece of crack-smoking shit. He's never been denied a job cause he's a nigger. He's never been spat on cause he's a nigger. people are always on about how "oh them darkies should just man up and forgive and forget". Fine. How about we stop reminding of it then?

This is also because the word has a strong meaning. I found their is this sort of dichotomy about the english language. On one side you use more swearwords than we do, on the other you have this kind of puritan self-censorship about the N and F words along with all the beeps on TV. Also there is no difference between the colloquial and the insulting nigger. In france you couldn't just call someone a nigger. It wouldn't really work. Instead you would naturally add something along the lines of 'you fucking filthy nigger'. I've heard some xenophobic stuffs in my life (he looks like a monkey), as some racist colloquial stuffs (last week i met two guys, one being italian the other one being nigerian, and they didn't have any complex about mocking the origins of each other).

I think there are few genuine racists. If lube's brother had say somethin like 'Oops i used the n-word but i didn't intend it to be offensive. Did I offended you ? If so I'm very sorry etc..." the ambiance would have been better among the group. IMO racism is such a taboo that people who have truly racist thoughts don't express them. Of course you have some awkward moments when you're on a burst of enthusiasm or anger, but most of time racism relies on how the interlocutor infers what you say. Of course there are people propagating ideological speech of hatred, but as I said they tend to get pretty rare nowadays. Who dares being openly racist ?

There are also ambiguous stuffs. For example if I say "most of drug dealers in france are arab", am I implying that all arabs should be treated as such, or am I just stating a bland, statistical fact ? This is complex.

Also do you really believe gaarg is a racist ? I admit he got bogged down in the arguing, that's always what happens when you're arguing (unless you're on an acid trip, you can always turn your mind when at the heart of the fractal). But he still stated that it was natural to have prejudices and that he was ready to listen to the clichés of someone from a different race, which is fairly open-minded.

Nothing is totally black or white. I have this japanese friend who's sometimes raving about how it would be great to restore the rising sun's glory of yore, that we should kill al the disabled people in order to save money, but this really is just a facade. He's actually one of the most concerned people about genocides, always striking me with a 'have you heard about that slaughter that happened in africa last week ?' nor has he any problem to condamn japan 'experiments' durring WW2.

Because racism is irrational.

I don't think racism is something irrational. IMO racism is something highly functional, just as any cognitive process that builds an ontology out of the subject's experiences. I mean, it's easier to build robots that kill everyone than robots that kill only a specific, targeted population.

Eskimos or amazonians have a wide range of words for naming the colors white, or green. It's pretty much the same thing with racism. Ethiopians distinguish blacks, grays, reds, browns although for us they would all be deemed as blacks. To me racism is just another way of discriminating things from each other, alongside the creation of nicknames. I'm 1.90 high, and i've always been called the dry guy, or the asparagus. It's normal, that's why specifies me the most on the first look and I don't think it's especially meant to hurt feellings.

Now you've xenophobia, which just is a kind of phobia. We've mentioned snakes and spiders but I don't think it is on the same level. Spiders and snakes ? These shits have been around for so many years and are so fucking poisonous and deathly that a fear of them must have been hard coded in our brain when we were still chipmunks.

But still, racism/xenophobia is just a way for our system to identify and tag a threat so that next time you are in front of it you can avoid or act against it. If you get attacked in copenhaguen by a bunch of eskimos what would you think ? Eventhough there isn't any prejudice against eskimos to get inspiration from, you'll probably think that eskimos are fucking cunts. And it's not only related to the colour of the skin or the ethnicity, it's about anything that can be noteworthy. Chavs, for example, are discriminated on the basis of their clothing.

Context is important of course. Here's some context - ricky's little bro has never had the word "nigger" thrown at him as a epitaph insinuating that he is a worthless piece of crack-smoking shit. He's never been denied a job cause he's a nigger. He's never been spat on cause he's a nigger. people are always on about how "oh them darkies should just man up and forgive and forget". Fine. How about we stop reminding of it then?

This is also because the word has a strong meaning. I found their is this sort of dichotomy about the english language. On one side you use more swearwords than we do, on the other you have this kind of puritan self-censorship about the N and F words along with all the beeps on TV. Also there is no difference between the colloquial and the insulting nigger. In france you couldn't just call someone a nigger. It wouldn't really work. Instead you would naturally add something along the lines of 'you fucking filthy nigger'. I've heard some xenophobic stuffs in my life (he looks like a monkey), as some racist colloquial stuffs (last week i met two guys, one being italian the other one being nigerian, and they didn't have any complex about mocking the origins of each other).

I think there are few genuine racists. If lube's brother had say somethin like 'Oops i used the n-word but i didn't intend it to be offensive. Did I offended you ? If so I'm very sorry etc..." the ambiance would have been better among the group. IMO racism is such a taboo that people who have truly racist thoughts don't express them. Of course you have some awkward moments when you're on a burst of enthusiasm or anger, but most of time racism relies on how the interlocutor infers what you say. Of course there are people propagating ideological speech of hatred, but as I said they tend to get pretty rare nowadays. Who dares being openly racist ?

There are also ambiguous stuffs. For example if I say "most of drug dealers in france are arab", am I implying that all arabs should be treated as such, or am I just stating a bland, statistical fact ? This is complex.

Also do you really believe gaarg is a racist ? I admit he got bogged down in the arguing, that's always what happens when you're arguing (unless you're on an acid trip, you can always turn your mind when at the heart of the fractal). But he still stated that it was natural to have prejudices and that he was ready to listen to the clichés of someone from a different race, which is fairly open-minded.

Nothing is totally black or white. I have this japanese friend who's sometimes raving about how it would be great to restore the rising sun's glory of yore, that we should kill al the disabled people in order to save money, but this really is just a facade. He's actually one of the most concerned people about genocides, always striking me with a 'have you heard about that slaughter that happened in africa last week ?' nor has he any problem to condamn japan 'experiments' durring WW2.

Fantastic post. Thorough, but concise.

I think I felt the need to point that out just because the majority of this thread has become way too fucking negative.

What? I don't think gaarg is a racist.

i do think your understanding of what racism actually is needs to be looked at strongly. Racism is not just another way of distinguishing things: it is the belief that "races" have certain characteristics which can be applied universally, and that because of the universal characteristics one can rank the "races".

if you say "most drug dealers in france are arabic" then i would assume you have some statistical evidence. if you couldn't produce any, then I would have to assume that you are prejudiced.

I still have a hard time dealing with the fact that so many people here think the word is acceptable to use, and that it doesn't have any social meaning.

Guest Babar

I actually distinguish xenophobia and racism (although i know that when you say racism you mean xenophobia). There can be positive racism. I remember back when i was in lisbon, we decided to to spend the night out in the parque das nacoes, and around 3 o clock in the morning we stumbled upon a dozen of young black people riding bikes. They started to touch our pockets, take our cigs, but when their leader, who was the son of the ambassador of some french-speaking country, figured out we were french, they let us go.

I think we should worry on what sentences convey rather than focusing on words. Words are meant to evolve. Where does the word nigger come from ? From the latin nigrum, which actually was the good black as opposed to atrum, the bad one. IMO someone shooting yo nigger in front of a couple black people should be less shocking than the way hollywood gives less important roles to black actors.

I wouldn't use the word nigger in the U.S. because i know people would take it badly, but i do think there is some truth in the south park episodes that covers this matter.

the word nigger comes from niger which I don't think makes a value judgment...?

Being French is not a race. if being French were a race, you wouldn't have issues between french people with black skin and white skin.

When i say racism, I mean racism, not xenophobia. Just to be clear we understand each other - Xenophobia means fear of something foreign to your social group - that can be of people of the same race, but from outside your social group. racism refers to the 4 classical "races" (African, Asian, Caucasian, Indian) (is that right? I feel as if I'm missing a race).

Guest Babar

the word nigger comes from niger which I don't think makes a value judgment...?

Being French is not a race. if being French were a race, you wouldn't have issues between french people with black skin and white skin.

When i say racism, I mean racism, not xenophobia. Just to be clear we understand each other - Xenophobia means fear of something foreign to your social group - that can be of people of the same race, but from outside your social group. racism refers to the 4 classical "races" (African, Asian, Caucasian, Indian) (is that right? I feel as if I'm missing a race).

Do we agree that :

1. The concept of race is first based on skin color.

UV rate

UV-map.jpg

Skin color

http://image.space.rakuten.co.jp/lg01/69/0000065869/08/imgde495796zik1zj.png

These maps have a low resolution but we can wager there are no strong boundaries between the human species that could legitimate to use the concept of race or subspecies from a scientific standpoint.

2. Nazis distinguished the jewish race from he slavic one etc... although all featured the same skin color.

2. Now i've heard that some african-americans don't consider obama as a 'nigger' because hi ancestors weren't slaves.

I think there are many factors that can build up a "race", not only the skin color, but also every visible aspect of a person, clothes, hair style/color, language spoken. This is just how we segment social groups. It is not necessarily negative, eg one of my friend's sister has always been dating black guys. There are no races, there only are social groups. And with them comes negative or positive (mostly negative) prejudices. I see racism as tag manufacturing, and xenophobia as writing bad stuffs on them.

I know nothing on the matter, but I suppose sociologists prefer to employ words such as discrimination or xenophobia when they try to study, say, racism across the globe. How are you supposed to describe hatred between different ethnic groups from africa if your main criteria is the skin colour.

*comes back from dinner*

what was i saying ?

nothing. Maybe: race now means {African, Caucasion, Asian and Indian} because we're in a globalized world. But there has always been a certain racism inside these four "races".

Oh and also, this is is somehow paradoxical but I think we'll get rid of racism when we can make fun of skin color just as we make fun of red-heads.

babar - what you describe is commonly referred to as ethnic violence or ethnic discrimination. prior to the idea of ethnicity (which is a modern concept itself) I suppose the difference would be based on tribal/religious affiliation.

Guest happycase

god damn i just finished typing this whole thing out then accidentally hit the back button...fuck here goes again:

about a week ago my brother said the n word in the presence of me, my white friend, and his black gf. it was directed towards me ("what's up, nig?") and he didn't realize that there was a black person in the room at the time. my brother is 16 years old and thinks it is hilarious to shout things like "niggerpussy" at other players on the xbox. so when he realized what had happened, he didn't apologize, only laughed. i don't think he realizes that most (am i correct here?) people still find the n word offensive (i still do). well they were understandably upset but didn't say anything, just left the house and i was extremely embarrassed.

the next morning i made that little fucker call her and apologize, and i apologized as well. she and i are still fairly close friends. but her boyfriend is still upset with me and not my brother, which i cannot explain. i tried calling him about 6 or 7 times, and he never picked up the phone. when i saw him in person two nights ago and asked to speak with him in private, his response was in essence: "i can't talk to you in private because i can't be alone with a gay person" (i'm bisexual)

i know he's joking but i still take offense at shit like that..i can remember him telling me after i hooked up with a friend "you gotta get that taste off your breath".

maybe i won't get sympathy here but thought i'd put it out there

yeah, see, your buddy is a hypocrite and an asshole. he says comments like that in order to make you feel ashamed about the way you were born. your little brother is just immature. his use of the word nigger was not to marginalize, it was slang. who's really the bad person in this bunch? who is really the bigot here? it's really not fair.

Words have meaning - if they didn't they would be useless. This word has a particular meaning, which implies that the person it is directed toward is sub-human. Ignorance of the meaning of the word is acceptable - once. To be frank, it's pretty hard to see how a person in America cold not know of the meaning of this word.

I think you're stereotyping. I really don't think all people find "the ni word" offensive. 50CENT and his ballers have made this word totally acceptable, as long as its being used as casually as "dude," because then there's no like "omg" energy behind it.

god damn i just finished typing this whole thing out then accidentally hit the back button...fuck here goes again:

about a week ago my brother said the n word in the presence of me, my white friend, and his black gf. it was directed towards me ("what's up, nig?") and he didn't realize that there was a black person in the room at the time. my brother is 16 years old and thinks it is hilarious to shout things like "niggerpussy" at other players on the xbox. so when he realized what had happened, he didn't apologize, only laughed. i don't think he realizes that most (am i correct here?) people still find the n word offensive (i still do). well they were understandably upset but didn't say anything, just left the house and i was extremely embarrassed.

the next morning i made that little fucker call her and apologize, and i apologized as well. she and i are still fairly close friends. but her boyfriend is still upset with me and not my brother, which i cannot explain. i tried calling him about 6 or 7 times, and he never picked up the phone. when i saw him in person two nights ago and asked to speak with him in private, his response was in essence: "i can't talk to you in private because i can't be alone with a gay person" (i'm bisexual)

i know he's joking but i still take offense at shit like that..i can remember him telling me after i hooked up with a friend "you gotta get that taste off your breath".

yeah, see, your buddy is a hypocrite and an asshole. he says comments like that in order to make you feel ashamed about the way you were born. your little brother is just immature. his use of the word nigger was not to marginalize, it was slang. who's really the bad person in this bunch? who is really the bigot here? it's really not fair.

Words have meaning - if they didn't they would be useless. This word has a particular meaning, which implies that the person it is directed toward is sub-human. Ignorance of the meaning of the word is acceptable - once. To be frank, it's pretty hard to see how a person in America cold not know of the meaning of this word.

I think you're stereotyping. I really don't think all people find "the ni word" offensive. 50CENT and his ballers have made this word totally acceptable, as long as its being used as casually as "dude," because then there's no like "omg" energy behind it.

are you a nigga? 50 cent is a nigga, and i'm fairly sure that 'being a nigga' casually and generally but definitively includes self-identification as a nigga. now, if you a str8 up ballin nigga, then i apologize- but other than that you have NO RIGHT to be talking about niggaz - or at least to be credible.

(the irish are str8 up the niggaz of europe, and limerick folks are STR8 UP ON THE STRENGPH GEE niggaz within the irish context.

word is bond

)

Edited by kaini

Guest disparaissant

white people from the 'burbs, maybe.

also, spot on kaini. it's like fags calling other fags fags.

Do you live in the US? Then go up to any black guy and say "What's up nigger." Please youtube for extra lulz.

Guest disparaissant

even nigga isn't cool for most white peeps to get away with. they are nasty nasty words.