IGNORED

Pills and alcohol

Guest Abuse

Guest Abuse

Some other topic reminded me of this. Do you do it?

When i drink alcohol, i prefer to take some prescription drugs on the side. It potentiates the intoxication plus for some reason it prevents hangover to some extent. My drugs of choice are diazepam and zolpidem, preferably not at the same time coz i think they counteract in some way. Or maybe not.

Now i only have oxazepam though, which is my daily med for anxiety. I don't really like to abuse it because it's not as recreational the aforementioned pills but now i took some anyway and it's ok. I'm feeling a bit ashamed though.

btw. Zolpidem is the Devil.

i got me at the blip

If you over do it, that shit can straight up kill your ass. Especially taking pain killers or downers, since combining them can drastically slow your heart rate.

Guest happycase

xanax+beer and i don't remember anything at all, but somehow my system remembers that the night was fantastic.

Guest the anonymous forumite

Very occasionally for me but when I do, I'd rather have Alprazaolam (xanax) than Diazepam, Xanax is way more euphoric than Vals.

And zolpidem gives you crappy hallucinations.

Benzos + Alcohol make me a total idiot. I have to tread lightly.

yeah.

booze alone makes me feel like a total idiot. and the hangovers just get worse with less frequent drinking. weed rules the night

I do it, but not to get more fucked up. I end up taking some Clonazepam, so I don't feel so Anxious at the party when I first arrive, then I end up drinking later. So yeah, not all the time, but sometimes.

Guest ms-dos

i don't do this because it's too easy to overdo it. be very, very careful, and only give yourself a small dose for the night. never bring the pill bottle back out.

Guest Abuse

Ok, thanks for the few decent answers. I have a love/hate relationship with zolpidem. Usually i've taken about 1 pill before going to bar or a party (prior to drinking). I have social phobia and it takes the edge off. Sometimes too much, i get really uninhibited and too open. If i take more than 1-2 pills, things get all fucked up and i don't remember anything and then i'm like, fuck this zolpidem shit... ummm or maybe just one more.

Alprazolam is great but i rarely have access to it. My mom uses it though, lols. Haven't used painkillers with alcohol though and am not really interested in it.

paracetemol seems to really take the edge off after my dog's had a few beers

i don't have a dog but i've heard good things. i've taken paracetemol without a canine and it was fucked up. woke up next to a black berry bramble full of rabbits. should i get a dog?

Guest Coalbucket PI

A few beers and a valium can be good fun and a great sleep but I don't do often or when I've drunk a lot.

Guest disparaissant

i just took a tylenol 3 and started drinking gin without thinking about it. oh well, its only codeine.

also lest ye judge, 4 am is like 4 pm for me lately.

I can't handle being drunk any more. I'm not very happy about it but that's the way it is....I go from slightly merry to too drunk (room spinning etc) very quickly now....I used to be able to fucking drink till the cows came home, but this last year or so has seen my tolerance drop sharply.... I mainly just stick to weed now and don't drink very often...

so no, I don't do prescription drugs when I drink coz I'd pass the fuck out :(

Guest Adjective

I do it, but not to get more fucked up. I end up taking some Clonazepam, so I don't feel so Anxious at the party when I first arrive, then I end up drinking later. So yeah, not all the time, but sometimes.

haven't had it in a while but clonazepam is nice with just a tad of alcohol.

I tried diazapam with alcolhol a few times and don't really see what the fuss is about. I am pretty chilled on booze anyway, beer especially just sends me super relaxed, I am not one of those drunks who gets charged up, so didn't really notice much difference.

Archived