IGNORED

Hipster art

Guest MaxChewie

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

What were some of your original intentions when you made Interior Semiotics?

What happened was I started thinking about alphabet soup and how I used to eat it all the time as a kid. And I was thinking about what sort of meaning is contained in alphabet soup, in that material. It’s this incredibly processed, condensed consumer product. I thought that was kind of similar to how we process language and how we use words; how we just kind of consume what’s given to us, what’s pre-processed, and just digest that. I really like Carolee Schneemann’s Interior Scroll and I like how the structure of that piece is mirrored in the text that she reads. I wanted to create a piece like that, where the text mimics the overall structure. The poem I read is supposed to be really simple; it’s a simple text that repeats itself, and it’s meant to be a flat, everyday thing. But I wanted there to be a final reveal, like in Interior Scroll.

I'm curious. What exactly helps you get from point A: wanting to "create a piece where the text mimics the overall structure", to point B: shoving Spaghetti-Os in your cooze? :shrug:

Carolee Schneemann was pulling a scroll out of her vagina and reading it.

It existed on YouTube for a while before people found it, right?

Yeah, it was on YouTube in March or April, I think. Around the same time, coincidentally, I started a parallel identity on Facebook named Gabbi Colette. Once the video went viral, I changed the name on the video over to that persona.

What was the original intention of the Facebook profile?

That I can’t tell you, because the work is still in progress.

If this was just a ploy to show that hipsters are as mindless as any other cult, Ill be delighted.

Otherwise :facepalm:

Guest analogue wings
What was the original intention of the Facebook profile?

That I can’t tell you, because the work is still in progress.

aha, it was actually troon all along

Guest dese manz hatin

*waits for picture of Freud*

freud.jpg

"Longing for the repressed father figure to identify with? clear case of not overcoming the oedipus complex m8."

Archived