IGNORED

Brian Eno - Small Craft on a Milk Sea

Guest extherium

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Scrambled Ears

I hope this will be good, but I have this nagging feeling that it is going to be disappointing

so very, very much

either way i have this nagging feeling that i'm going to be broke

ambient music is not good on vinyl...

fucking lol

aphex_twin-selected_ambient_works-2-ltd_brown_vinyl_3lp.jpg

:blink:

actually the brown version of SAWII, as with most Warp coloured vinyl, is renowned for sounding terrible. better off with the standard black vinyl edition (which now ends up being rarer than the supposed "limited" brown pressings)

What with all these box set editions, just paying seven quid for the MP3s from bleep would appear vulgar. And I can't help thinking that a new Eno album seems like it should be a 4AD release instead of Warp.

You've got a very good point there. I was also pretty miffed when this was first announced.

Eno on Warp Records just seems odd to me. Then again, I always associate 4AD with Cocteau Twins so maybe that doesn't fit well even.

Guest Scrambled Ears

fucking lol

aphex_twin-selected_ambient_works-2-ltd_brown_vinyl_3lp.jpg

:blink:

actually the brown version of SAWII, as with most Warp coloured vinyl, is renowned for sounding terrible. better off with the standard black vinyl edition (which now ends up being rarer than the supposed "limited" brown pressings)

ya this pressing sucks...and not cheap neither. this time not making so outlandish a statement my point is that pops crackles and static are infinitely more liable to make an album unlistenable if it is quiet ambient music...not to mention theres very little fun things you can do with whale sounds...though I guess for people who look @ records like baseball cards this doesn't matter. i have both on land and the plateaux of mirror and I would listen to digital copies any day because the pops are so goddamn annoying.

So if you download the podcast here:

http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast/podcast_detail.php?siteId=4819413&ps=mpm

you get two songs other than "Horse" in it (The Eno stuff starts around the 27:30 mark). They are "Emerald and Stone," and "2 Forms of Anger," and they are (especially "Emerald in Stone") different than "Horse". Also one of the DJ's kind of emphasizes the diversity of the album, so don't worry if you don't like one of the songs or something. Unfortunately "Horse" was not on there so an upload of "Horse" would still be awesome if someone can record it.

Archived