IGNORED

Brian Eno - Small Craft on a Milk Sea

Guest extherium

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my excitement I immediately pre-ordered the box set, only to - after the fact - see there was a collectors edition pre-order which goes up on Wednesday. Haste makes waste. Fuck.

Excited as all hell for this though :wub:

so.. we don't get to hear it, but we have to preorder if we want the vinyl version? fuckin' warp, they always do this shit.

edit: that said though, the vinyl version looks delicious

anyone else think it's a bit wrong to have the Collectors Edition being sold at a particular time on a particular day, yet not telling us how much to expect to have to pay for it?

anyone else think it's a bit wrong to have the Collectors Edition being sold at a particular time on a particular day, yet not telling us how much to expect to have to pay for it?

Yeah, it bothers me a bit. I have a feeling it might be out of my budget :/

Fuck that collectors one. I couldn't care less if some artist signs something; unless i've got a story about how i got the meet the artist and have them sign it myself. I also couldn't care about some unique piece of art either. give me the standard box, just make sure it has all the music. it's getting akin to them packing toys and junk into DVD issuings, wank.

methinks Warp is going overboard on the collector's editions, ever since Warp20 it seems to be becoming too prevalent.

Not Warp related, however, remember the NIN - Ghosts I-IV ultra deluxe box set? It was only $300, signed by Trent Reznor, 4LP, 2CD, Blu-ray, DVD-D, book, artwork... that, I could justify buying.

methinks Warp is going overboard on the collector's editions, ever since Warp20 it seems to be becoming too prevalent.

the Rake-In-Your-Money editions

Guest ruiagnelo

just completely offtopic, offcontext and offmanythings, would there be any possibility of someone here be kindly enough to get me a what.cd invite? :emb:

I never bought eno yet he is very much hit and miss for me but I like the artwork very much.

I looks like the normal limited version will be as limited as the limited version of oversteps: NOT AT ALL

I never bought eno yet he is very much hit and miss for me but I like the artwork very much.

I looks like the normal limited version will be as limited as the limited version of oversteps: NOT AT ALL

there was no limited version of Oversteps, the only people claiming that it was limited were 3rd party retailers and people on eBay.

there was no limited version of Oversteps, the only people claiming that it was limited were 3rd party retailers and people on eBay.

what do you think about the eno release? will you get it?

what do you think about the eno release? will you get it?

if the Collectors Edition had been a bit more reasonably priced i'd have gone for that, but no.

£60 for the Limited Edition is worse value for money than Warp20 (Box Set). £250 for the Collectors Edition, where the only difference is a bit of paper and a copper plaque (for the price difference of £190) isn't bad value for money, it's a fucking joke.

edit: the thing is - it'll still sell. and it'll still appear on Discogs and eBay for £1000.

the Ghosts I-IV box set by Nine Inch Nails was $300, and after actually seeing that in the flesh, it is definitely worth the price.

just completely offtopic, offcontext and offmanythings, would there be any possibility of someone here be kindly enough to get me a what.cd invite? :emb:

yes pm me, this is actually a perfect thread for such request. all this marketing musical industry shit makes me sick, just post the mp3s/flacs on your website with a paypal thingie you coldplay producing cunt.

I found a concert recording where all people involved in this release play live together in 2009:

http://rapidshare.com/files/285770043/Brian_Eno__Karl_Hyde__Jon_Hopkins__Leo_Abrahams___The_Necks__14._June_2009__concert_1_V0_.rar

note: its a live bootleg and not something that has been sold so it should be legal to share it

Archived