IGNORED

What Was Your First Commercially Produced Music Purchase?

Joyrex

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had my mother buy me an albator (captain harlock (an anime which screened in france under the first name mentioned)) cassette after some pestering at a motorway servo on the way to spain to visit my grandfather (no i'm not spanish it was an expat semi-tax exile thing) in 1980.

annonces_photo_0_0_2520747xx24b338cc4919cb130fd94bf4d3a71a94.jpg

My first language was french so i watched the anime in that, even though i can't speak it now. And apparently my first love has always been anime. (maybe/sortov)

the presidents of the usa - self titled and 'II' bundle, on cd.

actually i might have had some 'hits' compilations before that, i remember they used to be pretty good. one had 'only happy when it rains' by garbage and 'barrel of a gun' by depeche mode, and i'm sure i had one with underworld and blur and some other 'alt' bands. i think early hits compilations are partly responsible for my diverse musical interests.

Guest tv_party

wow I can't remember.

it might have been either:

alice cooper - clones on 7" single

newcleus - jam on revenge tape

or run dmc - raising hell tape

Nirvana, Nevermind. Cassette. Before that I had been listening obsessively to every Metallica album up to the Black album on tapes that my cousin had recorded for me, along with my brother's copy of G 'N' R, Use Your Illusion 1. I was 9.

So out of all of these posts about first purchases, how many of you still own the original release you purchased as a kid/young adult?

So out of all of these posts about first purchases, how many of you still own the original release you purchased as a kid/young adult?

depeche mode cassette - lost

Public enemy vinyl - stolen

meat beat manifesto - still have

3652929676_ca165808e4_o.jpg

licensed to ill was part of my fledgling music collection - one of my first purchases along with eric b. & rakim's paid in full and run dmc's raising hell

I had the Run DMC as well, my bro had the Eric B and Rakim plus a ton of other early rap (Too Short, Slick Rick, Sir Mix A Lot, etc).....and his Civic hatchback with two twelves, a tape deck and an amplifier. Shit was bumpin' awesome! :emotawesomepm9:

Guest headonist

I've sold alot. Still got that Kula Shaker CD in my collection though. Must be one of the older items there.

Archived