IGNORED

What Was Your First Commercially Produced Music Purchase?

Joyrex

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow alot of Busta Love here!

yeah I love the album. i don't have the CD anymore though - who knows what happened to it, i might have lent it out and it never returned... I never replaced it though. I eventually got the Woohah single for the rmx with ODB on it and discovered the NASTY NASTY dilla remix on it. That i still have.

Nirvana - Nevermind

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle

Stone Temple Pilots - Core

A couple more that I can't remember. I bought all of them at the same time.

it would've been on casette, no doubt. but i have no idea what it was! i dunno how people can remember things like this.

it's like, what was the first book you read or the first film you watched at the cinema.. ?

and i'm not even that old, but i'm fucked if i can remember! lol

i can remember the first time i got stoned, tho.. and the first synth and drum machine i bought. but that's a little bit off topic. :)

Damn this thread makes me feel old! I had vinyl that family members had bought me (kids records, The Police, etc.) But I think it could have been the Kings of Rap compilation tape (still have it, but I'm hesitant to play it much as I'm worried about the tape snapping):

kings_of_rap.jpg

This was around the same time period as well- of course in cassette form (1986)

xmsoxg.jpg

jean-michel-jarre-the-essential.jpg

cassette bought for £2 off a mate who lived on the same street back when I was 11-12 and I even managed to get it signed by the man himself a couple of years back

I was into analogue well before it got cool again :tongue:

Guest disparaissant

as for things i still have, i know i still have zep IV on tape. it doesn't really sound the same at all but i still ahve the thing and the tape hasn't actually snapped or anything.

i also recently found a tape where one side is nofx - ribbed and the other side is bad religion - no control. that was fairly early in my music listening career.

nofx - ribbed

This is a good punk album- still have the tape!

And yes- Can You Feel It by the Fat Boys is classic. I think Five Minutes of Funk by Whodini was my jam from the kings of Rap tape though. Wish I could find a better image of it...

errol dunkley "ok fred" 12" at junior school bring n buy sale

or possibly the clash "i fought the law" 7" @ luton & dunstable hospital fete which got stolen off me by a punk kid about 15 minutes later along with a leather football (while i was on the bouncy castle)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived