IGNORED

fuck!! i left some balmoral chicken out all night

keltoi

questionable balmoral chicken begs the question!  

47 members have voted

1. 1. do you eat it or throw it away?

damnit i was looking forward to my balmoral chicken(haggis stuffed chicken breast with creamy peppercorn sauce) when i get home but i remembered i fell asleep on the couch and left it out all night.

:facepalm:

it was frozen solid when i took it out at around 8.30 last night... my gf got up for work at 7am and immediately put it in the fridge so it'd been out on the kitchen counter for about 11 hours.

would you eat it?

Guest Deep Fried Everything

does it taste bad/rotten?

yes - don't eat it

no - eat it for god's sake!

maybe - masturbate with it, the peppercorns in the sauce will give your rub a little rougher texture which you will find just delightful

damnit i was looking forward to my balmoral chicken(haggis stuffed chicken breast with creamy peppercorn sauce) when i get home but i remembered i fell asleep on the couch and left it out all night.

:facepalm:

it was frozen solid when i took it out at around 8.30 last night... my gf got up for work at 7am and immediately put it in the fridge so it'd been out on the kitchen counter for about 11 hours.

would you eat it?

If it was, as you say, "frozen solid", then while the surface might have gotten close to room temperature, the core of the bird was (and probably is) most likely still semi-solid frozen, or at least well within refrigerated range.

i'm guessing the ambient temperature of the room wasn't that high?

if it was left in a hygienic environment and there's no chance of pests getting at it then you should be good to go

ideally you'd want to defrost in a fridge for 24 hours ... defrosting at room temperature is far from ideal and a no-no in the food industry

but, if you cook it properly and get a core temperature of 80°C it should be okay

What sort of a pansy Scotsman are you?

yeah, ffs/ you live in a cold arse country. and it was on the counter overnight, whence your g/f refrigerated it. As long as you plan on cooking it, you'll be fine.

ps don't sue us if you get sick.

What sort of a pansy Scotsman are you?

lol!

i'm afraid i had to throw it. it didn't look good.

my gf has to be careful just now with food poisoning risks.

[/pathetic scotsman]

lol, throwing it up will do nothing, once you've eaten it, you've take the risk. Hope it was tasty!

[/pathetic scotsman]

wthell

When we cook chicken we left it in the oven and finish it the next day or even the day after.

[/pathetic scotsman]

lol, throwing it up will do nothing, once you've eaten it, you've take the risk. Hope it was tasty!

lol, I think he meant throw it out dude. His gf form babby.

[/pathetic scotsman]

wthell

When we cook chicken we left it in the oven and finish it the next day or even the day after.

you disgusting frenchman you

I just can't get my head around what the Balmoral Chicken was doing frozen in the first place. Unless it was something you cooked previously and had frozen to keep. I hope you didn't get some frozen nonsense from Iceland (unless you're a Mum of course).

Archived