IGNORED

DJ Nate - Da Trak Genious

Guest Enter a new display name

i just don't get what's so "fresh" about this release musically? if you have a wide musical frame of reference, it really seems bizarre to see it so hyped. i think the rudi zygadlo album on µ is of more notable merit, even if it's a more 'straight forward' mash of zappa style progressive compositions and dubstep. i might not "get" it, but when music requires you to "get" it to this extent, i'm not sure it's worth it to me.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as a side note, i think the way this album/style basically references the most common identifiers of club music, mainly the style of vox + heavy beats/bass (and sort of mangles it up quite unelegantly), means it'll still sort of work in a club setting, because most pissed up people in a club seem to just want that primal bass/"club" expression and don't really listen too hard anyway. that sentence is way too long. i suck and should stop posting.

If by best you mean terrible shite and a fucking joke - then you are right.

I like you.

So this album is a recommended release on Boomkat, so I suppose a lot of people are going to buy this so I was wondering... do you like the vocals? Can you actually stand listening to this? Now, I like SOME dubstep so I'm no dubstep-hater, but I keep finding albums like the one above with these dreadful (and in this case also pitched) vocals, so I'm wondering if anyone on this forum actually likes these vocals? Would you actually listen to this on your MP3 player - or even worse, on your speakers at home? To me it sounds fucking horrible. Actually, it sounds worse than horrible. It sounds like death. It sounds like someone who just got their first sampler or editing program and played around with the pitch and then all of a sudden released an album. Also, it sounds like the vocals are coming from a sample CD because they are cheesy beyond belief and they don't add anything to the tracks at all!

Fffffffuuuuu

dj%20nate%20game%20face.jpgWHY YALLZ B HATIN ON ME, I WANT YO MONEY BITCHES!NEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCNEY BITCHES

"I understand this deep, spiritual music - even though it is crudely made with absolutely no cohesion, design or regard to tempo and time signatures the 'ghetto sound' of it makes it so true and genuine, perhaps even genious(lol)."

I like you.

So this album is a recommended release on Boomkat, so I suppose a lot of people are going to buy this so I was wondering... do you like the vocals? Can you actually stand listening to this? Now, I like SOME dubstep so I'm no dubstep-hater, but I keep finding albums like the one above with these dreadful (and in this case also pitched) vocals, so I'm wondering if anyone on this forum actually likes these vocals? Would you actually listen to this on your MP3 player - or even worse, on your speakers at home? To me it sounds fucking horrible. Actually, it sounds worse than horrible. It sounds like death. It sounds like someone who just got their first sampler or editing program and played around with the pitch and then all of a sudden released an album. Also, it sounds like the vocals are coming from a sample CD because they are cheesy beyond belief and they don't add anything to the tracks at all!

Fffffffuuuuu

i don't understand your association of this with dubstep though

Also, calling this the best planet-mu release in ages is kind of a big "fuck you" to some of the recent BRILLIANT releases they have out(ital tek, ceephax, faltydl, boxcutter and the list goes on).

Guest Scrambled Ears

Aphex Twin fans being all smug and superior about this record is pretty much the identical situation to Yes fans being smug and superior about the Ramones

except that yes blows and this album wasnt produced by phil spector

Guest placidburp

Some one in the chat room told me that the only reason he signed Nate is because he got his sister knocked up, and she was only 16....dunno if that is true or not...

its all lies!!!

Yea right, you're just saying this so you can pretend you know what's up, but DJ Deeon and Funk sound nothing like Nate's footwork tracks. They were ghetto house / juke producers working in the 4 on the floor bouncy Juke sound. Even other contemporary footwork music (DJ Roc, DJ Spinn etc) sounds nothing like Nate's tracks. On the subject of Dance Mania, only DJ Clent and DJ Chip can really lay claim to being originators, or progenitors of the footwork sound. They were making footwork tapes (cassette tapes) in the late 90s, I have lots of old Clent and Chip tracks from this era and they have some of the tom workout similarities, but it still sounds like Juke. After that it was Arpebu (RP Boo) who pretty much defined the footwork track template.

How can you listen to the tracks on that Mike P (your?) juke blog and not laugh your arse off at how shit they are?

RP boo for example who you say "pretty much defined the footwork template"

and on that blog...

"a dream-like hypnotic intensity"

"Taking a sample of Wings and making it one of the darkest tracks i’ve heard"

To me these tracks and the blog-included DJ nate tracks sound like they were made in 5 minutes by colouring in random blocks on the fruity step sequencer by some teenage twat who went to a music production day course as part of his rehabilitation program set up by his probation officer. (And no that does not automatically make it "cool" and "well ghetto" (like the majority of early 00's UK grime which had the same amateur funkless talentless made in 5 minutes quality)). This is not to say that good music has to be expertly made and laboriously slaved over by grade 8 musicians. British dance music probably peaked in my opinion around 91/92 with cheaply made bleepy hardcore breaks stuff crudely spliced together on an Atari ST with a 2nd hand sampler. But that music had feeling, character and more importantly a funky element... this is just nonsense. Utter drivel. Come on Planet Mu.... You can do better than this bullshit. Remeber slag boom van loon? caned pees? spectrum? sounds of the empire? blurring of trees? pro agonist? r tracks? burgundy tracks? lovers acid? dummy variations? polyphonic ringtone? etc etc etc

I like you.

Fffffffuuuuu

i don't understand your association of this with dubstep though

Ok, maybe this isn't dubstep. What is it? Wonky? ChipStep? I don't know. Anyway, there's LOTS of more typical dubstep out there with the same fucked up vocals, and it just makes me wonder...

Archived