Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

go play dragon age ii :'(

there are lots of dnd like games and very very few good sandbox rpg games

whose to say minecraft cant be both..

do you think hes going to put some kind of narrative in the game ? no . hes just going to put stuff like goblins and dragons maybe and things like that.

the only thing i can think to add to the game is if they implemented some sort of scripting engine so then people could make cool customs maps with storylines and shit.

but minecraft was a success as it is, some improvements can be made sure, but all the talk about the potential it has and how much it can grow sounds like trying to turn twitter into facebook.

I love it how it works right now. It works good as it is and additional improvements or rather add-ons arrive now and again to just add a bit to the fun. I could go with this for at least another half year.

Otherwise, I think it's ok if Notch stops at a certain point he feels right (maybe really in the autumn on 11 11 11) and then starts working on Minecraft 2 or something.

As for potential I'm convinced that developers won't overlook Minecraft as something a bit groundbreaking and try to imagine other possibilities of the fully modular voxel-like dynamical world.

I agree dude should hire a large team of programmers in order to stay ahead of the curve. Because you better believe everyone is going to be after his ass. He needs to create Minecraft Siege, for starters, multiplayer Siege and the ability to build complex castles with ballistas, boiling oil, etc.

Also, we (Kokoon's server) should just agree on a new area to build. We'll all build beds there and blah blah blah.

We were going to move the spawn point and start in a new area, but since the bed update, we gave up.

Guest Babar

I agree dude should hire a large team of programmers in order to stay ahead of the curve. Because you better believe everyone is going to be after his ass. He needs to create Minecraft Siege, for starters, multiplayer Siege and the ability to build complex castles with ballistas, boiling oil, etc.

fuck yes. I'll be playing minecraft again in a few days/weeks. My mate finally bought the game so we'll be looking for a nice, crowded, PVP server. There seem to be a few servers running the gun and plane mods out there, so we'll probably check them out first. I'd like to create some kind of mod pack as well. Basically I'd like to inject some FPS-like elements into the gameplay and underline the survival aspect of minecraft. That'd include:

• teams with a dedicated spawn (movable with /sethome) -- already available

• deathmatch or capture the flag -- requires to create a flag block. Shouldn't be that hard.

• hunger -- available I think.

• guns/parachutes/planes/laser guided rocket launchers etc ...

But i don't want the FPS side of the mod to overwhelm minecraft's natural gameplay, mining/building should be the main activity and you should be afraid to die. Maybe being banned for 2 mins after having been shot would encourage players to be more sneaky.

Any suggestion ?

I'd kind of like a more DnD like game to be honest. That would be quite nice.

That's why I don't play but just watch the Yogscast :)

Guest couch

Also, we (Kokoon's server) should just agree on a new area to build. We'll all build beds there and blah blah blah.

We were going to move the spawn point and start in a new area, but since the bed update, we gave up.

This. Somewhere like 5+ days away, on foot, and make a railway back to the original settlement.

I'm down.

Guest Pennywise

This. Somewhere like 5+ days away, on foot, and make a railway back to the original settlement.

I'm down.

i'm literally about 90% done on doing that

I'm down.

i'm literally about 90% done on doing that

Oh! Well good job. The tundra area? Which direction is that from the mainland (Honeydew fountain, for reference)?

Guest couch

notch tweeted it. it'll be in 1.6

Nice. Did he say if it updates when you terraform or build on the land? Or do just make a new map?

Archived