IGNORED

∆‡∆ Grave Wave ∆‡∆ Witch House ∆‡∆ Triangle ∆‡∆

Atop

we are humans, we categorize....

like saying Clark has never listened to Aphex Twin...

or Sonic Youth to Velvet Underground....

sounds pop up, genres happen, good music comes out of it....

oh to be so set apart from our humanity and create something truly original, cries the man on the deserted island....

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is at a whole different level though, this 'genre' is a product solely of the blog regurgitating hype machine collapsing in on itself, the emperor has no clothes as proven by the above Salem videos.

Guest Backson

the emperor has no clothes, and yet we should celebrate that instead of calling it something else.

Salem are a couple of drugged out kids making hip hop, so instead of calling them geniuses like Pitchfork, xlr8r and Boomkat are, we should just enjoy how facinating and original their sound is.

their awful awful live show indicates how sincere they truly are.

the first thing i thought watching that live salem youtube was, "this is creeping me out. this is some degenerate music. this is scary."

then the obligatory "this can't be serious. this fucking terrible."

the point is, it genuinely kind of freaked me out at first. i think they've got something weird going on.

and i'm not fucking trolling, i like their imagery and the strange feelings they conjure.

if salem had a live drummer and/or performed really well, they would be a killer killer breakout artist.

a lot of the new hipster type music is full of bands that cant perform live but are great studio musicians. more proof that in this day and age anyone can make music without being a musician. look at animal collective... they make masterful studio recordings and are at the top of the heap, but live are just abysmal and cringe-worthy

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I like the music cause it's psychedelic and menacing, but I could(n't) care less about the imagery. the name witch house is pretty stupid, mostly because it bears no relation to house music. the term screwgaze is laughable, but at least it points to the two main influences (dj screw and shoegaze). as far as the salem live clips go, they really need to work on translating the distortion and atmosphere their records have to their live shows.

hahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahahhahahahahhahhhhaahahah

You like Ke$ha....

No matter how many times I use this to negate your opinions it will always work...

So put down the auto-tune boner and step back from the gay dude, DON"T MAKE ME ASK YOU AGAIN!

Guest Greg Reason

ok I listened to the oOoOO EP, and I just have to ask ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS?!?!?? This is a load of shit.

Not only does it look like a bunch of hipster nonsense but it is a bunch of hipster nonsense.

Give me hope that the 80's weren't as bad as I always have thought they were, all it was missing was withchyness...

and I think some of these folk are into that....

production quality is an important factor but sometimes the raw moment of creativity is interesting and great as well, for me....

a lot of this music feels very free to me, from the bounds of the music industry standards of trendy looks and sounds (the hipster aesthetic being one of apathy, so can't really argue against that), very punk rock to me but with noisy/evil synths and dirty electronic drum beats.....

I agree that the live Salem is shitty, but they don't care about playing live apparently because their recordings and their lives sets are two different experiences....

to each their own....

Guest tht tne

if your thread is going to be about something dumb you can always insert random special characters in the title to boost your ego, works for mixes too

Archived