IGNORED

Tonedeaf Test

Dragon

http://jakemandell.com/tonedeaf/

This is a great way to find out how skilled you are in the field of music. There are 36 questions. All you have to do is listen to a musical phrase twice, then answer whether or not it's different the second time.

I scored 80.6%, which is apparently a "very good performance". Don't worry if you don't get a high score, as the creator of the test says:

The test is purposefully made very hard, so excellent musicians rarely score above 80% correct. Give it a try!

Good Luck to all!

I checked. As far as it's possible for me to tell, it's not jazz.

Guest cult fiction

83.3%... interesting test!

Edit: I think folks from this forum are better prepared for this test than most... listening to Autechre, generative music, etc. prepares you for subtle variations and makes you more receptive to odd phrases. I imagine a lot of these would sound like demented circus music to somebody who had only listened to the radio their entire lives.

This is pretty easy if you play guitar or bass and can learn riffs or songs by ear already. I got an 86.something%

The ones I got wrong I immediately heard the different note (was usually half a step down) in the review section.

Cool test though.

I got 80.6, too. I'm at work and a little distracted, though. Also, was distracted by the fact that some of these phrases were a little awwwwwsome.

edit: had way more false "differences" than false "sames" (2 false sames).

Guest David R James

I felt it was more of a memory test, but because im into music its hard to tell if that comes into play. 86.1% yey.

Man I must be good.

First attempt I guess I should be proud?

97.2 Thats 99.5 Percentile :D I put 0 for deaf tone test cause I don't know where to take that???

There were a lot more different then same but even though I thought they were different I put it as the same, should have just gone with instincts.

First try.jpg

Music test.png

This is jazz from several years ago. It seems to have been updated, though. Noticed that Mandell's first two albums are available for download on the site as well. Remember downloading them from SLSK when I first started out in teh IDMz and lost them in a HDD crash.

I'm really surprised to see the results of WATMM and how easy the test was for me. I thought this was a joke, is it for real?

Does it just mean I can hear my tones and have good musical memory cause my long term memory is for shit.

I actually have this theory that those who score higher on this are more likely to listen to Venetian Snares or more likely to listen to music that "challenges" their musical memory. But I Know I'm wrong, I'm just throwing this out there. :p

Archived