IGNORED

list famous musicians you've met

Guest tht tne

Guest tht tne

zack de la rocha of rage against the machine

cee-lo green of goodie mob and gnarls barkley (2x)

everyone in sound tribe sector 9 (2x)

jeff parker of tortoise

richard devine

i can't remember who it was (keltoi?) that hugged liz fraser on a microdot but that would the apex for me; whom have you met?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tht tne

Famous musicians that I've met in this thread?

no, i'm just trying to counteract the recent board update that transposes the first line or so of thread text to the optional subtitle

Guest Enter a new display name

Robert Henke (aka Monolake)

Jan Jelinek

Koen Holtkamp (from Mountains)

Benjamin John Power (from Fuck Buttons)

Met Andi Toma & Jan Werner (from Mouse on Mars) & had dinner with Jan & his wife.

Talked with Laetitia Sadier during the opening act for a Stereolab show. She was just hanging out in the crowd & I was the only one who recognised her (or the only one who had the balls to walk up to her) so I started chatting with her. She was extremely sweet & gracious. <3

Once I saw Thurston Moore during SXSW - he was standing in line at the record store waiting to buy at least $200 worth of vinyl. It was a long line too - he could have said "I'm Thurston Fucking Moore" and walked to the counter but he didn't :D I didn't actually talk to him that day so this story doesn't really belong in this thread ;)

I met both of the Dresden Dolls, helped them set up for a few shows (actually, one of my friends was pretty much a band employee for a bit, and I was just along for the ride), and hung out in Amanda's awesome apartment, and she kissed me through the window of my car as I was driving off and I awkwardly kissed through glass back but was not cool enough to not look retarded in the process. Amanda and Brian are awesome people.

And via a Dresden Dolls gig I met John S. Hall, the King Missile, and he talks exactly like he sounds on his records. Is John S. Hall famous? I don't fucking know.

I chatted with some of the dudes from Estradasphere/Secret Chiefs 3 at a SC3 gig for a bit; also chatted with Roger Miller of Mission of Burma at one of his Binary System shows. Does chatting up in merch lines count? I don't fucking know that, either.

Guest tht tne

Met Andi Toma & Jan Werner (from Mouse on Mars) & had dinner with Jan & his wife.

Talked with Laetitia Sadier during the opening act for a Stereolab show. She was just hanging out in the crowd & I was the only one who recognised her (or the only one who had the balls to walk up to her) so I started chatting with her. She was extremely sweet & gracious. <3

Once I saw Thurston Moore during SXSW - he was standing in line at the record store waiting to buy at least $200 worth of vinyl. It was a long line too - he could have said "I'm Thurston Fucking Moore" and walked to the counter but he didn't :D I didn't actually talk to him that day so this story doesn't really belong in this thread ;)

i would love to meet laetitia... i never know what to say to famous people though, i was a bit brazen with cee-lo he was out shopping

Chris Clark, shook his hand after set in NYC

Hudson Mohawke, shook hand after same show in NYC

Lightning Bolt, booked by friends

Otto Von Schirach, was hanging around before show opening for VSnares in Chicago

Jurassic 5, specifically Chali 2na, Instore performance / signing

Opeth, walked in to Indian restaurant down the street from venue, and they were eating dinner haha

Eluvium, played locally at an art gallery, bought CDs from him

Iced Earth, saw these guys on my 13th birthday and got their autographs

Wisp, chatted outside after VSnares show lol

Bit Shifter, chatted with him after show on the Chiptune Resistance Tour in Chicago

Saskrotch, same show as Bitshifter

Surachai, chatted briefly at VSnares

Squarepusher, Afrika Bambaataa, Flying Lotus, and Kenny Muhammad The Human Orchestra all interacted with me in some way from the stage, but I guess that's not "meeting" them.

Fuck you, Loggins! Hall and I will not stand idly by while you California vagina sailors stab the American airwaves in the balls with your shit ... music!

Don Henley, Jim O'Rourke, King Coffey, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Marumari, all of Tortoise and Isotope 217 except John McEntire, Kieran Hebden, Freeform, Venetian Snares, Matt Pyke (High on Fire), Al Cisneros (Om), Chris from Team Doyobi, Aleksi Perala, Nautilis/Malcom Kipe, Buddy System, Diplo, Kode 9, Pinch, Juakali, Parson, Eskmo, Nice Nice, Gaslamp Killer, Nosaj Thing, Rob from Autechre, Luke Vibert, Chris Clark, Dime Bag Darrell and Vinnie from Pantera, Mark Bell (LFO), Cex, Eight Frozen Modules, Nobekazu Takemura, Cerberus Shoal, Doseone, Odd Nosdam, Why?, Jel, Stars As Eyes, Kid 606, Adam Pierce (Mice Parade), Doug Scharin (June of 44, Him), Dave Pajo, Alan Licht, Pan American, Ian MacKay, and last but not least because I think I left some people out, Richard D James....

Some of these people I met through working at Whole Foods for 6 years, two are friends of mine, most of them at shows (a lot of them at All Tomorrow's Parties 2003), what do I win?

:emotawesomepm9:

ed dmx

adalita and raul from magic dirt (only australian people might know magic dirt though, actually i see raul quite a lot because one of my friends plays drums in his other band)

slipknot.. was a signing though

umm, that's about it i think.

Fuck you, Loggins! Hall and I will not stand idly by while you California vagina sailors stab the American airwaves in the balls with your shit ... music!

Here's a message one of the producers of Yacht Rock sent me many years back because of my super-insider user name. :crazy:

Greetings

Sent: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:18 pm

To: Padaro Lane

Hello. I'm David. I play Koko and Co-Produce Yacht Rock. I ran across this excerpt from an interview while researching an upcoming episode. It made me think of you. At the very least, I can see, like us, you are a Loggins fan. I'm glad to see that you enjoy the show. I just wanted to send you a note and say thanks for watching.

KL: There are so many good memories. Most of my memories of Santa Barbara are of the simpler times where the family is together, maybe a birthday party at the beach or great memories of this house on Padaro Lane.

-David "Koko" Lyons

Keep the fire baph. Keep the fire..

zack de la rocha of rage against the machine

cee-lo green of goodie mob and gnarls barkley (2x)

everyone in sound tribe sector 9 (2x)

jeff parker of tortoise

richard devine

i can't remember who it was (keltoi?) that hugged liz fraser on a microdot but that would the apex for me; whom have you met?

t'was me!

*smug grin*

Met Tim Exile last night. We're going to collab and he's going to get me on Warp Records ha. :p Yeah, I did bump into him in Bethnal Green and he seemed very happy to be recognised. We chatted boring music crap but yeah was interesting. He said to add him on Facebook. Interesting he seemed happy just to be recognised it seemed lol.

i smoked and hung out backstage with ozric tentacles cos my mate got them some blow.

Cool. Yeah first and last time I saw Ozrics my sister was chatting to the bassist she seemed very excited. I think she, the bassist, wanted us to come back stage or something and for us join their band or something but we had more important things to do lol.

met off stage

Ceephax

Scotch Egg

Tim Exile

Ice T

Borgore (stayed over for tea)

Jean Michel Jarre

Grant Wilson Claridge

Arron Funk

Luke Vibert

Ed DMX

Rob Hall