IGNORED

list famous musicians you've met

Guest tht tne

I've babbled so much drunk shit to DJs at raves it's untrue (and faintly embarrassing)

Accosting Murderbot at 5am in an all night greasy spoon cafe whilst dressed as a zombie is the most recent whilst barely being able to stand up. I felt neither big or clever the next morning

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gbiscuit

I was in Ann Arbor last Wednesday playing roadie for my buddies folk band, and I'm 75% sure that Tadd Mullinix unlocked and held a door open for me as I was loading shit into my buds car. I'm waiting for confirmation, however. Watch this space WATMM...

edit: when i was queing up the last night of this popular club night the artic monkeys waltz in so i thought it would be the best time shout "your music is shit" they all turned around so i waved and one of them gave me the finger.

hehe nice one :beer:

Dave Brubeck (he's mah great-gramps)

actually? ok you win the thread.

yep!

edit: I actually hung out with lead singer of Yellowcard. WHAT A FUCKING TOOL! My mates and I called him his wikipedia nickname "daddy keys" for the entire night. He got super pissed. :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Gbiscuit

I was in Ann Arbor last Wednesday playing roadie for my buddies folk band, and I'm 75% sure that Tadd Mullinix unlocked and held a door open for me as I was loading shit into my buds car. I'm waiting for confirmation, however. Watch this space WATMM...

False alarm WATMM, false alarm... :facepalm:

I met Richie Hawtin (arrogant asshole :P) and Magda (so lovely <3) five years ago..

aphex twin (fine didnt speak to, i was in the shopping center in elephant castle in wh smith, i was about 17, but after my staring and the fat grin on my face he turned around and gave me a smile!)

lol nice

Elvis Costello

Aimee Mann

Randy Newman

Henry Rollins

Venetian Snares

Wisp

All of Sigur Ros

All of Mum [twice]

All of Fly Pan Am

Grandmaster Flash

The sax player for Iggy Pop

The drummer for the Dead Kennedys

I'm forgetting a lot. I've worked in live sound for the past five years, so I've met a lot of people.

I know the drummer for Passion Pit. He introduced me to the keyboard player for the Mars Volta last time they were in town.

Philip Glass

I forgot about him.

I actually was (briefly) in an art movie that he did the music to called Naqoyqatsi.

My gf at the time worked on the movie and I was recruited to be in a scene where they got us drunk and fed us a super fancy, 30 course meal while filming us.

It was kind of pike a huge party with a bunch of strangers seated at one big table. Phillip Glass was at the other end of the table from me but when I went to the bathroom, he pissed in the urinal next to me.

Guitarist for the hair metal band Slaughter...

Tad of Seattle grunge band Tad...

Mike Muir of Suicidal Tendencies...

:facepalm:

Rocky George of ST, here! Back in 89, hehe.

I'll meet Mr. Scruff tomorrow before the show and he'll draw a portrait of me in potato style.

Need I say more.

I've seen Mr Scruff a few times in a Thai restaurant in Manchester (Ko Samui).

edit: when i was queing up the last night of this popular club night the artic monkeys waltz in so i thought it would be the best time shout "your music is shit" they all turned around so i waved and one of them gave me the finger.

Lol. respect for doing that! :)

Philip Glass

lol. WATMMs' Phillip Glass?

no, awesome minimalist composer philip glass, on a solo piano tour about ten years ago.

he was super chilled out. if you aren't familiar with philip glass i recommend you check him out.

few ppl i'm proud to have met/ touched, lol (appropriately) that i'd care to mention: Dave Grohl, Pat Smear, Aphex Twin, Andy Turner, Roots Manuver, Rob Mitchell, Two Lone Swordsmen.

seen loads of 'famous' ppl out and about but didn't bother to approach them/ saw them from afar/ didn't know what to say/ couldn't care less.. :)

not familiar enough to know his first name only has one 'l' in it, it would seem.

lol. not really that fanboy or anal enough to care, is more like it.

Archived