IGNORED

Tim Hecker - Ravedeath, 1972

triachus

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were plenty of hipsters at the show last night. loscil and tim hecker were both really good, shame that the sound system couldn't handle hecker's stuff.

Anyways lsocil's set was beautiful droney, flashes of rhythmic patterns interspersed....

Hecker started out with real fragments of melody snatched out of static and moved in to a bit where these melodic pulses seemed to fold in on themselves, it was like smoking some good salvia, when shit is all clearly delineated into halves. After that a wall of full on blasts of distorted tones that filled the spectrum...brilliant full tones that were so individually crisp...after that he went into one that was like sonething off "harmony in ultraviolet"...

He really needed a bigger sound system, but it was still a great show.

yea it was great. very ear piercing high end at some points though.

he did play a few songs from his albums mixed in between new (or unheard) stuff.. but the songs had different structures and werent exactly like how they were on the album.

also i asked tim what the meaning of ravedeath, 1972 was and he said and i quote

'it doesnt mean nothin man, its just a vision in the night'

fuck ya

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Enter a new display name

EANDP only likes Tim Hecker because he is from Montreal...

I personally met him you know.

He is from Vancouver.

EANDP only likes Tim Hecker because he is from Montreal...

I personally met him you know.

He is from Vancouver.

Yeah but hes based in Montreal.. shit i was born in the UK but I don't say I'm from there, I say I'm from Montreal

jesus man get with the program

:cisfor:

at this point, I wish he'd bring some hard idm beats into it.

oh god no

Yeah, agreed there.

And @Jules, the winter refers to the beginning of this year. Jan and Feb still count.

Out of all the Hecker's making music Tim Hecker is definitely my second favourite; quite interested in hearing all of this, really like the artwork.

• 2 weeks later...

lol, the terms they reach for when they can't just say electronic music

A Canada based 'sound' artist and synthesis musician

i also like the reviewer's projections about hecker's belief that "dance music has become contrived and facile".

anyway, that's a terribly written review, but i have no doubt the album will be good.

Archived