IGNORED

What Is Your Day Job

Guest morphis2525

Guest morphis2525

I work at the Gary/Chicago airport. My job is to detail the interiors of the Boeing Corporations executive jet fleet. cool job, i generally can choose my own schedule. i work a lot of nights. going to work in a hour or so actually, if i feel like it.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I "write" the little blurbs in travel brochures. Unfortunately I don't get to travel anywhere. It's pretty mind-numbing. I'm looking for something else in January.

I'm also a major international airport and I regularly need my Boeing's serviced.

I edit swearies and nudies and violent bits out of shows and films if they're not suitable for that time of day. But not like in the crappy airline version way with absurd dubbing techniques, more in the 'do an edit so you don't notice there's an edit' kind of way.

Guest morphis2525

I "write" the little blurbs in travel brochures. Unfortunately I don't get to travel anywhere. It's pretty mind-numbing. I'm looking for something else in January.

I'm also a major international airport and I regularly need my Boeing's serviced.

that sounds kinda easy??? i hope the pay is good. gary is defiantly not a major airport. if not for boeing putting there headquarters in chicago a few years ago i am sure they would have gone bankrupt. all the other hangers look like a ghost town. kinda sad really. people are scared of Gary Indiana

Guest David R James

I edit swearies and nudies and violent bits out of shows and films if they're not suitable for that time of day. But not like in the crappy airline version way with absurd dubbing techniques, more in the 'do an edit so you don't notice there's an edit' kind of way.

any particular channel? what is the most violent, sexy, sweary thing you have removed?

i design books, poster, leaflets, identities, record sleeves etc and recently designed a bunch of phone apps for man city fc and virgin train and some other companys, need to get a job instead a placements.

thats pretty cool, have you ever edited a really violent down just for the hell of it? like the thing or something. that would be pretty cool.

I work for Five - oddly the only thing that springs to mind is an episode of Numbers that was essentially a rip off of Se7en with a serial killer killing people in culty ways (Including a scene where a man had been cooked to death on a sunbed), I managed to make that all good an' proper for daytime with no OFCOM intervention. Yay !

Oooh - Actually I remember Police Story being pretty tough to edit for the early evening. As well as the violence, they seemed to swear like troopers throughout it. I think there was about 50 or so cuts I made for that....

that sounds kinda easy??? i hope the pay is good. gary is defiantly not a major airport. if not for boeing putting there headquarters in chicago a few years ago i am sure they would have gone bankrupt. all the other hangers look like a ghost town. kinda sad really. people are scared of Gary Indiana

I've lived in Indiana all my life and Gary is a smelly scary place.

Guest Dirty Protest

I was a tiler/builder, until i got a shit skin disease. Now im doing objects at uni, pretty similar in an abstract way.

well well, looks like we've got ourselves a censorist 'round these parts

we don't like your kind around here

3hillbillies.jpg

now git!

j/k tho, i just wanted to sound like a hillbilly redneck :emotawesomepm9: pls don't edit my bits out :(

digital printing. large format stuff at the moment. it's pretty mind-numbing most of the time but every now and then i get to do some decent problem solving, which is good. at least i get to watmm and listen to music at work.

get out of bed at 10:30 for work most days, make brews all day, gossip and take the piss out of colleges, take extended shit breaks whilst on mobile internet for 20mins a time (normally four times a day), pretend to look busy when the big cheeses walk past, get a quick peek down the blouses busty milfs when they bend over, pub lunches 3 times a week with occasional small time soft drug dealing on the sly both in and out of work

and i wonder why I lack motivation :unsure:

Guest morphis2525

get out of bed at 10:30 for work most days, make brews all day, gossip and take the piss out of colleges, take extended shit breaks whilst on mobile internet for 20mins a time (normally four times a day), pretend to look busy when the big cheeses walk past, get a quick peek down the blouses busty milfs when they bend over, pub lunches 3 times a week with occasional small time soft drug dealing on the sly both in and out of work

and i wonder why I lack motivation :unsure:

nice

Archived