IGNORED

best obsolete musical technology

Guest tht tne

Guest tht tne

i nominate that really plucky "sounds-nothing-like-a-real-guitar-should-sound" synthesized electric guitar from the 80s... and by best i mean worst

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairlight CMI

Korg Wavestation

...basically old digital gear in general. Analog has the whole niche market thing going strong, but all of those 80s digital synths seem to be falling to the wayside.

what! old digital synths are awesome. dx7!!!!

i wanna hear what a stylophone sounds like.

they're back in fashion, at least in australia. can't go to a musical instrument store without seeing one in the window.

i wanna hear what a stylophone sounds like.

they're back in fashion, at least in australia. can't go to a musical instrument store without seeing one in the window.

I've got a lovely likkle chain on Buzz that turns it into a ambienty cloud of paddy sound.

Guest David R James

Analogue polysynths. Obviously it will always be easier to create a digital one, but for contrast it would of been nice to have the 2 side by side over the years

Guest Calx Sherbet

lol. those are cool sounding. in a simple, cute, video game sorta way

i'm not sure how jazz this is, and it isn't that old, but interesting nonetheless

[youtubehd]d1VB1vA-UsI[/youtubehd]

Archived