IGNORED

Fact Mag speaks for us all! Lol

beerwolf

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it should be reiterated that since Drukqs was released Richard has given us 26 Mixes for Cash, all the Analord records, The Tuss and Chosen Lords. Not too bad really...annoyingly, people just think in terms of the Aphex Twin moniker and aren't happy with anything else.

That's because what people really want are the catchy melodies and accessibility of his Aphex Twin albums. 26 Mixes for Cash comes close but none of it really compares with the likes of Flim, Avril 14th, Fingerbib etc.

imo, I think most of his well-polished music is released under the Aphex Twin alias

I've heard people agree with this as well - of course I really enjoy his stuff under Polygon Window/AFX/The Tuss etc.. but an "Aphex Twin" album is long overdue. I'd hate to see the Manchester track and the Metz track not get a release - they are arguably two of his finest tracks in the whole of his career (again, emphasis placed on 'imo' because of course music is subjective)

Guest ruiagnelo

maybe i am not paying attention, but which one is the metz track?

i know the manchester track, but this one is unknown to me :unsure:

maybe i am not paying attention, but which one is the metz track?

i know the manchester track, but this one is unknown to me :unsure:

this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igwa2nO4lOw

beautiful :smile:!

ahah if you listen carefully, at 3:19-3:20 a girl in the audience says something like "c'est de la merde cette chanson", which means "this is a shitty song". BITCH

Guest griever

ahah if you listen carefully, at 3:19-3:20 a girl in the audience says something like "c'est de la merde cette chanson", which means "this is a shitty song". BITCH

she should be executed then!

Guest Gravity

KTPA 1 & 2 at an ear splitting volume for a year?

well spotted superbixen. that person is right though, c'est de la merde cette chanson. i've never liked that track, don't get the love

maybe if someone wrote something that shat all over drukqs? lure the old crank out by breaking a few windows...

then again, maybe he's spent. drukqs was his best, and anything else he does might only diminish his legacy, so he clams up then and there.

Well Venetian Snares has already topped druqks. Everyone knows this.

maybe if someone wrote something that shat all over drukqs? lure the old crank out by breaking a few windows...

then again, maybe he's spent. drukqs was his best, and anything else he does might only diminish his legacy, so he clams up then and there.

in complexity maybe... I'd say post me some Snares tracks with melodies that really connect with you but that'd derail the thread entirely (and I like Rossz, a few other things from Snares... I think his shit is really good... I just can't connect to it in the same manner as I can Afx's stuff. There is a fine line you need to draw between simplicity and complexity, go too far into complexity and it just doesn't work :( )

bigfatLOL

not to be rude, but it's not my fault your musical tastes aren't as refined as someone like myself to see the plain and obvious truth. :shrug:

Aladdin.gif

I seriously though you were joking. But now it appears you're not. Holy shit.

not to be rude, but it's not my fault your musical tastes aren't as refined as someone like myself to see the plain and obvious truth. :shrug:

if you honestly believe snares has topped drukqs that's totally cool (I would personally disagree, but whatever), but to come into the Aphex forum and make such comments is pretty sad man....haven't you got anything constructive/interesting/genuine to add to watmm? I mean, what's the point otherwise mate?

That's like saying Funckarma topped Autechre. You're on crack.

snares doesn't like complex harmonies or melodies that carry great emotional resonance , well to my ears. Maybe it does for him, or you.

And before you whinge, i can say what i like i never knock the guy ever, and buy everything he puts out. Even if most of it gets only listened to once, i respect what he represents. And me not listening to something isn't a diSs really, cause i don't listen to any fucking music most of the time. You absorb it an move on most of the time right ??

soz, i'm weird, carry on. I'm just digging a big hole which the flood will probably overtop and so drown me in untreated sewerage and animal carcasses.

mleh

Archived