IGNORED

Ready

Guest theSun

Guest Xenblake

I doubt the new tracks were new at all. Seem more like something that was laying around, no place on an album and conveniently could be sent over for the benefit albums.

I agree on this. They are just tracks from some point in space/time during their career, that sounded finished enough and that they were happy enough with to release.

New album? Hmm... maybe towards the end of this year.

Does anyone know for certain / have reliable info on when Ts1a and 6852 were actually made?

Nah. But if I were going to take a guess going by what I know of AE's "sound" in certain time frames I would estimate 6852 was made around 2008-9 and TS1A about ten years earlier.

yeah 6852 sounds quite recent imo. Has a sound that could possibly have evolved from the Oversteps era.

Ts1a is harder to place though, you reckon it's from around the same time as EP7?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
also I completely disagree about the details not being there, the joys are in stepping inside the soundscape and looking around at all the different things that are going on, and enjoying them all individually, and then as a whole. My favorite feature of the album (and somewhat MoT) is their obvious love for 'dat reverb, seriously I think every song has some point where its just holding on until the last traces of sound die away, those are some beautiful moments. The soft melodies sometimes obscured behind the sharp jolts are the things I listen for.

this! It seems like the purpose of the massive reverb is to turn the twinkly melodies into shoegazey, ever moving chords, this is most prominent in see on see, especially towards the end.

some mopey thing like O=0. I like that track too, it just feels like somebody died.

Woah what! That track sounds so happy to me! Well, not exactly happy, but 'positive', I guess.

Guest disoriental express
How are my opinions any more momentary and arbitrary than anyone else's in this thread/subforum?

They aren't. I was being such a jackass in that frame. Like one of the animatronic Chuck E. Cheese bears joined the space marines. :cat:

I am insider.

It will be based around detective music. Think Roger Rabbit, but even cooler and more robust than that.

They only using Cakewalk Pro Audio 3 (shhhhh exciting!!!)

some mopey thing like O=0. I like that track too, it just feels like somebody died.

Woah what! That track sounds so happy to me! Well, not exactly happy, but 'positive', I guess.

Yeah, I kind of get that vibe, I think I know what you mean. It sounds sort of... grateful or something but mournful. I'm starting to feel silly with these adjectives or something.

watch the ride

What does this mean? Sorry I am not on the Hip Cool Lingo and there wasn't an entry in urban dictionary.

Hey disoriental express, thanks for giving me a reason to figure out how to use the ignore function.

Oh yeah... new album? Yeah, I'm ready for it.

Guest nsixqatsi

for a little while i was repeatedly listening to Surripere and 6852 day to day for a week or more idk.

at the time i noticed a lot of similarity in how those two tracks moved along.

Hmmmm....I wonder what the odds of the next album resembling the live oversteps tour stuff is. I'm sure they wouldn't directly utilize anything from those sets but they definitely have a specific enough sound and vibe to them to translate into a full-length. There's somethin goin on there that I'd love to hear more of.

'Cavemen Punching Out Doctors In Subspace' is best title for it. :cerious:

I think a lot of people are going to learn to love their 2010 output as time goes on. Me personally, I loved the new stuff they put out but I do hope a return to something more percussive occurs

Sean Booth is sitting opposite me at the moment and he showed me a calculator saying "80085", so I think a new album is on the way.

I think a lot of people are going to learn to love their 2010 output as time goes on. Me personally, I loved the new stuff they put out but I do hope a return to something more percussive occurs

I just want to hear something that sounds like someone exploring what they can do with sound/gear again. I want to hear something that sounds like the person who made it had discovered something new, was continually being surprised with what they were doing.

I think I actually heard a bit of that in the new Gescom although who knows how old those tracks are.

I just want to hear something that sounds like someone exploring what they can do with sound/gear again. I want to hear something that sounds like the person who made it had discovered something new, was continually being surprised with what they were doing.

That's interesting, that's literally how I feel about Oversteps and Move Of Ten

That's interesting, that's literally how I feel about Oversteps and Move Of Ten

likewise. there's a lot of excitement in oversteps, you can tell they were discovering directions they had never gone in before. i've been a fan since confield-era, and confield is still my favorite album, but i love steps&motley and i love the reverb-cloud sound. it clicks really well for me. i actually like the most directionless tracks, like pt2ph8, qplay, and iris was a pupil, the best. they put me in such a calm, focused, open state of mind. i'd love to have patches of my own which could generate tracks like those - i could probably live happily forever just tweaking them and playing out the results.

Archived