IGNORED

EPS 1991 - 2002

Adamovich

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone confirm if this release includes the hidden "Track 0" of EP7? I think that might be a deal breaker for me.

No - it's also missing the samples at the start of the Cavity Job tracks, and two Basscad,EP tracks (Beaumonthannanttwomx and Seefeelmx). Not to mention We R Are Why.

Guest ezkerraldean

[

Can anyone confirm if this release includes the hidden "Track 0" of EP7? I think that might be a deal breaker for me.

EP7!? there's no hidden track on that. you mean LP5?

[

EP7!? there's no hidden track on that. you mean LP5?

there is a hidden track on some copies of EP7

you need to start from the beginning and rewind

It's on the UK pressing, not the US pressing.

Some command-line CD extraction utilities can be persuaded to retrieve it as well - that's how I have it in my iTunes. Got sick of the rewind experience.

FYI it's not the most awesome track ever made in history, a lot of drifting, icy, stringlike tones with FM mod and warping, no beats apart from a few cavernous clonks.

Guest ezkerraldean

wow i was unaware of this

i thought "hidden tracks" were included within last tracks, after a long stretch of silence, easily spotted by ripping the CD. my UK EP7 is not like this so any hidden track operates by some other magical means lol

when i'm back home i'll dig out my EP7 and hunt for this track by these methods you describe

i'm pissed lol

Guest Gabriel

On Wednesday, I pre-ordered this for $26.25 on amazon.com. The current price is $31.33, and if the price goes down at all between now and the ship date, you pay the lower price.

By the way, if you've ever wondered about the unusual numbers on some of amazon's prices (26.25 and 31.33 rather than 26.99 and 31.99), it's likely due to the fact that amazon uses some kind of dynamic pricing algorithm that automatically adjusts prices depending on ... I don't know, maybe a combination of things like your location, the day of the week, and the number of page views per hour on the product page. According to an article I read recently, these sorts of algorithms are widely used. Apparently, online plane ticket prices fluctuate depending on the day of the week, with the highest prices occurring on weekends, and the very lowest prices occurring on Tuesdays at 3PM. Also, online stores may charge rich people more than they charge poor people for the exact same product. (here's the article)

Fuck, why did I hurried and ordered this via Bleep immediately? I could've ordered it from Amazon and get it for almost $20 less. Is there any way to cancel the Bleep order?

Fuck, why did I hurried and ordered this via Bleep immediately? I could've ordered it from Amazon and get it for almost $20 less. Is there any way to cancel the Bleep order?

you could cancel the preorder by contacting them through the site, but i'm pretty sure you would be charged for the WAVs and MP3s since you have already received those and have no way to "return" them.

Will try. I only downloaded three videos, but I'm not sure if they track actual downloads or they charge everything offered.

they have no way to track the downloads, by proxy of the fact that they're in your bleep account ready for download, they will assume that you have downloaded them.

Was thinking the same thing this morning. Hopefully they know how terrible New Zealand internet is, and know that there is no possible way I could have downloaded them :/

Was thinking the same thing this morning. Hopefully they know how terrible New Zealand internet is, and know that there is no possible way I could have downloaded them :/

to be honest, i think they'll take the perspective that you were provided with the links for the downloads and thusly this constitutes as "delivery" of the downloads.

if they do actually have a way to tell if they were downloaded, then that's cool. but i still think they'll take the stance that the digital files were successfully delivered to you and that you must be charged for them accordingly

Well if that's true, then it's a pretty shitty system. I didn't ask for those files, and I didn't waste their bandwidth downloading them, so why would they charge me? Just because they offered me to download files that already occupy their server space anyway?

And what's maybe even more important, why is Bleep charging more for this set than Amazon, when all the other Ae (and probably Warp in general) albums cost less there?

Well if that's true, then it's a pretty shitty system. I didn't ask for those files, and I didn't waste their bandwidth downloading them, so why would they charge me? Just because they offered me to download files that already occupy their server space anyway?

And what's maybe even more important, why is Bleep charging more for this set than Amazon, when all the other Ae (and probably Warp in general) albums cost less compared to other sites?

no it's not a "pretty shitty system". fact of the matter is, you paid money for an item which isn't available yet, but you have received digital goods. if you were to cancel the preorder, you have already received the digital downloads and would thusly be charged for those downloads as if you had purchased them separately.

the reason why bleep is more expensive? you get added feature of digital downloads. if you were to buy from amazon, or elsewhere, you would not get those.

welcome to commerce.

So basically they fucked up the whole cancelling system by not including the option to personally select if you really want to download yet unreleased stuff or not?

So basically they fucked up the whole cancelling system by not including the option to personally select if you really want to download yet unreleased stuff or not?

again, it is not "fucked up".

you purchased a copy of the Autechre - EPS 1991 - 2002 item that is available on Bleep.com

that item, available at the aforementioned site includes:

1x Physical box set of 5 CDs (delivered on or around 11th April 2010)

1x MP3 Download for the set (delivered immediately)

1x WAV Download for the set (delivered immediately)

1x MOV Download for the videos (delivered immediately)

since you have received the digital downloads, you have received product, product which cannot be 'returned'.

edit: from a commerce perspective, you shouldn't really be entitled to a refund in full, since you have received parts of the item you paid for and you cannot return them.

it would be bleep's discretion as to whether they refund you in full or not.

Even if they do have a way to check if I downloaded, I'm probably buggered, since I tried to several times (so it would probably appear in their system as me downloading them).... I think I'd be pretty lucky to get a refund, but I can still try.

osc, how much should the downloads cost you think?

i have no idea, all i know is that from a business point of view if they were to just refund in full, that would mean that at least two people here have (potentially) downloaded the digital files in full and essentially gotten £37.98 worth of digital files for free, all because they have decided that they want to buy the physical product elsewhere.

So you're agreeing with me that this is not a perfect system, because offering me in advance (against my will) something I'll later get anyway (excpet for the videos) just to ensure there won't be any cancelling on my part is not something indie label should do. As much as I want to believe that they're doing this "immediate downloads" thing to satisfy the customer more, they should realize that the most satisfied customer is customer that actually has options. And that options are not that hard to implement.

Archived