IGNORED

EPS 1991 - 2002

Adamovich

Yeah, I'm disappointed about the video resolutions as well. I guess we'll never get the Gantz Graf vid at 1920x1080 (or even 720p). :(

I don't even know if Alex Rutterford had such equipment when he did the video :braindance:

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah okay I now better understand your frustation.

All the videos are such encoded ? I was hoping some better quality as well. Will definitely not buy it from bleep.

If it were 720p it would be at least 1280x582, not 714x325.

Ah okay I now better understand your frustation.

All the videos are such encoded ? I was hoping some better quality as well. Will definitely not buy it from bleep.

The other 2 vids are at 720x404.

"too remain true to the aesthetic of the time this music was released (91-02), we (designers republic) felt the videos should be at the resolution of most monitors in that era."

I've watched that Gantz Graf video in Youtube with 5 times better quality, I mean come on! I know it's supposed to be a cheap release to make some money but that's way too cheap

since the vids on youtube are encodes from the DVDs, and the videos included in this set are near to DVD resolution (gantz graf dvd = 720x576 (including letterboxing), gantz graf digital download = 714x325 (does not include letterboxing), your claim of having seen gantz graf with "5 times better quality" is wrong :rolleyes:

Well I doubt the master is at the resolution we're getting. 714x325 is really poor.

714x325 is extremely close to the DVD resolution. how is it really poor?

also, watmm makes more outrageous assumptions :trashbear:

Maybe I'm just a spoiled brat. But I wouldn't call SD resolutions "High Quality" in 2011. That's why I was disappointed to see resolutions no higher than what we previously got.

EDIT: Also, I'm not complaining about the value of this box nor am I mad at Warp/Designers Republic/whatever. I just hoped to see a higher quality Gantz Graf video.

Guest Greg Reason

"too remain true to the aesthetic of the time this music was released (91-02), we (designers republic) felt the videos should be at the resolution of most monitors in that era."

I've stayed out of this video debate (and quite frankly I find complaints about the price vs the contents of this box to be extremely silly - this music is well worth the price, even without the original artwork that is two clicks away on google for anyone who cares) but that quote above - if it's not a joke - is fucking ridiculous. If this is supposed to be an archival set then for fucks sake put it out in the best available quality.

Maybe I'm just a spoiled brat. But I wouldn't call SD resolutions "High Quality" in 2011. That's why I was disappointed to see resolutions no higher than what we previously got.

EDIT: Also, I'm not complaining about the value of this box nor am I mad at Warp/Designers Republic/whatever. I just hoped to see a higher quality Gantz Graf video.

the thing is, you kinda are being a spoiled brat as you put - you have obviously been spoiled by high definition movies. and therein is the difference. music videos were never meant to be consumed through the medium of high definition. if you think about it logically, all a music video is meant to be is a promotional item for the band, and as such this promotional item gets its run on music video channels meant for consumption through a television.

the general mass of music videos made prior to the last 5 years would very likely have been made to conform to the bar of DVD resolution as a standard, because...well why bother doing anything bigger? the proliferation of 'high definition' televisions* throughout a lot of households in recent years will only really have been taken into account by music video directors in the past few years. the fact is, gantz graf was very very likely not made to higher resolution than a DVD because there was simply no need for it to have been. it is not a movie, where the resolution of the original film far out-does the resolution of DVD.

*(and i say that in quotes, because in fact most consumer level 'HD' TVs actually can't output 1080p content properly and have to downscale it to their non-HD screens, but that's another argument)

I know why there isn't a HD version of gantz graf, and I understand the reasons for it, but it won't stop me from wanting a HD version of gantz graf.

well according to you, you've already seen the high def version. on youtube. in 5x higher quality than DVD.

I know why there isn't a HD version of gantz graf, and I understand the reasons for it, but it won't stop me from wanting a HD version of gantz graf.

well according to you, you've already seen the high def version. on youtube. in 5x higher quality than DVD.

nuclear-explosion.png

just kiddin' y'know ?

(and wtf happened to google images visualization mode ? it's just like the facebook one, which is terrible !)

I've stayed out of this video debate (and quite frankly I find complaints about the price vs the contents of this box to be extremely silly - this music is well worth the price, even without the original artwork that is two clicks away on google for anyone who cares) but that quote above - if it's not a joke - is fucking ridiculous. If this is supposed to be an archival set then for fucks sake put it out in the best available quality.

it is joke lol

i give a shit about lossless audio

surprisingly accept without question the lack of hd gantz_graf rerelease for their reasons stated ---

100%

• 4 weeks later...
Guest thepilot

is it true that this release exists to fund the guitar lessons and skinny jeans that are required to stay on the warp roster?

is it true that this release exists to fund the guitar lessons and skinny jeans that are required to stay on the warp roster?

You mean, Bibio ?

I won't buy because I have any of these except Cavity Job.

To me, WARP only comes alive when they release next Ae stuff and.....

..duke nu^w^w

..Scintilli!

Archived